Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Xibanya posted:

Also, for gents who bone ladies with nuvarings, be honest, is the ring distracting?

My wife used nuvaring for a couple of months (got off of it due to side effects and cost), it never really bothered me when I rubbed against it but its going to be a massive case of YMMV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

appleskates posted:

So what side effects did your wife have, can I ask? (I just got it because of BC pill side effects so I am curious.)

She starting have emotional meltdowns (uncontrollable crying and self-deprecation) over really minor stuff, like making a wrong turn or breaking a glass. Never happened before she was on it and stopped within a week of her going off of it.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

potentiallycool posted:

Another issue we have and I know this sounds like whining but she gets really wet and it gets really messy and I have to like change the sheets 3 times in the weekend. The only thing I thought of was using a towel but anyone got any better ideas?

My wife is a prolific squirter (has been known to soak through a comforter, blanket, both sheets and into the mattress pad) and we keep a collection of old bath towels in the bedroom specifically for this reason.

We've considered using waterproof pads or investing in some rubber sheets but both seem to be incredibly inconvenient or expensive, and the towels work fine and can be washed and reused.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

neongrey posted:

I know I always keep suggesting expensive alternatives to things, but I've heard nothing but good about the liberator Throe (link nsfw) as being the absolute best squirting platform you can get.

I thought it sounded good until I read this:

quote:

Especially during sex, it crumples up and slides around.

Having to stop every 30 seconds to adjust pretty much ruins everything in my experience.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

KillHour posted:

You can just buy a mattress protector. There's no stigma attached to them, you barely notice them (since they go under your sheets, they're waterproof, and they keep your mattress like new. It's even useful for when you're NOT having sex (since sweat gets through your sheets and yellows the mattress). Also, it's helped a few times when my wife had some particularly heavy periods.

We have one, that's what I was referring to with "mattress pad."

For us it's more so we don't have to change our bedsheets 3-4 times per week. It's also nice to be able to get it on right before bed and then just throw the towel on the floor and pass out.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

loki k zen posted:

Does anybody have links to the shitshow? Kinda interested to see how it went down to make the title of the thread be shut up about you kink.

The TL;DR is some troll from FYAD started posting about having a slave/master relationship with his black girlfriend and it just kind of snowballed from there, with goons not being able to resist feeding the troll and the troll piling on increasingly offensive acts that he did with his "girlfriend."

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

zocio posted:

Any tips for a guy unable to reach orgasm while doing traditional sex (or as the kids are calling it these days PiV)?, I am only able to with oral and have been frustrated by it lately. An adittional nuisance is that I get very wet during foreplay (read as lots of pre-cum), but it's only a laundry problem of sorts, so goons, time to help!.

Are you using condoms? You might be used to the skin-on-skin contact you're getting from oral. I know I have trouble keeping it up - much less getting off - if I use a condom after years of condom-free sex.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Did you buy them at a different store than usual?

Its kind of a long shot but off the top of my head Walmart is known for getting substandard product as a result of dictating prices to their vendors/suppliers, who make up the difference by either supplying Walmart with specifically (and cheaply) made equivalents, or in the case of more expensive stuff, items that would normally end up in dent/scratch or b-stock bins (condoms ending up in the former category, obviously.)

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Skutter posted:

You shouldn't be offended about having a frank discussion about STDs and getting tested, that's a normal and healthy conversation that all adults should have when they are having a sexual relationship. Unless the person is being a jerk and accusing you of being "diseased" or something, I don't see a legitimate reason to get offended.

Not everyone is poly or involved in casual relationships...?

If my wife came to me and demanded to know the results of my last STD screen the unspoken but very blatant accusation going along with it would be "because I believe you are loving a bunch of whores behind my back."

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Mak0rz posted:

Where was this implied, exactly? :confused:

How many long-term single partner couples do you know of who routinely take STD tests, or take them at all?

hoobajoo posted:

Not everyone has been monogamous for many years, either. There are many situations where a clean bill of dick health is a reasonable thing to ask for and not rude at all.

I was responding to someone saying that there is "no legitimate reason to get offended" to being asked to take/produce results from an STD screening.

Being in a monogamous relationship for years and being asked out of the blue to produce the results from a STD screen seems pretty legitimate to me.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 10, 2014

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Mak0rz posted:

None of these posts were referring specifically to long-term single-partner couples. They were referring to new sexual relationships. Nobody was talking about taking STD tests on a regular basis while in a long-term relationship either.

Did we hit a nerve or something? :psyduck:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you completely missed this:

Geoj posted:

I was responding to someone saying that there is "no legitimate reason to get offended" to being asked to take/produce results from an STD screening.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Kaal posted:

and there shouldn't be any implication that the only way to get STIs is by "loving whores".

In the context of a long term monogamous partner making passive-aggressive infidelity accusations by suggesting their partner get a STD screen, would you expect the implicit accusation to be "you're loving whores" or "I suspect you are sleeping with that nice sexually-liberated girl down the street , who may unwittingly have a STI of some kind"?

Geoj fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jun 10, 2014

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Re: Hitachi magic wand being too powerful - if you find it's low setting is too intense you can put it on a lamp dimmer. It won't run at full power on the high setting with the lamp dimmer set to full, but it can go far lower than the default low setting.

Another consideration is they are useful for their stated purpose as a deep tissue massager - my wife actually uses her's more in this role than as a sex toy.

Note - the above is being offered as information only since the topic of HMWs being too powerful was brought up, and should not be taken as an endorsement of the magic wand or its knockoffs as a beginner's sex toy.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Mak0rz posted:

I think what they meant is that it will probably take longer to cut off Velcro cuffs than it would to just rip them open as designed.

This might be true in a calm situation, but if you're faced with a bound partner having a full-blown panic/ claustrophobia attack and struggling to get out of the restraint you may not be able to get a grip on the end of the velcro to rip them open. And I think its more of a "have a pair close at hand, just in case" than "use them even if you finish without incident."

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
My wife and I use Pjur silicone lube because she's a prolific squirter and will just wash away anything water based within a few minutes of applying it. It generally remains effective for the duration, in the year and a half since we switched over from water based lubricant I've had to stop and reapply maybe four times.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah, it's good poo poo. I just bought a 250ml bottle - it should last a while

I bought one of these about a year and a half ago, a little goes a long way. I can't tell for sure but I think we've used somewhere between a quarter and a third of the bottle in that time (sex on average 2-3 times per week, we pretty much always end up using some.)

Of course you may want to try it out before buying such a large quantity. I got a sample from a friend before pulling the trigger on the 250ml bottle.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Skutter posted:

Also more lube chat: Get a fancy hand soap dispenser and put your lube in it. It makes getting the lube out so much easier (pump rather than fumbling with a cap), and it is oh so classy.

This. One of the things that drives me up the wall with Pjur is (at least on the bottle I have) they used a fairly fine thread pitch on the cap that requires six or seven turns to tighten. Middle of the act isn't the time to be fumbling with a cap, and if you don't put it back on you're guaranteed to knock the bottle over and ruin a set of sheets.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Jewce posted:

I'm looking for the best water based lube for sensitive skin. Currently using sliquid Organics and it irritates my wife so we need something else.

Suggestions?

My wife has an incredibly sensitive vagina and back when we were still using water based she finally settled on Babeland's Babelube.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

ManOfTheYear posted:

Dental dam? What's that?

Its a sheet of plastic you put over your bits during oral sex, but that's not important right now.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
:ssh: I think you're all getting trolled in the same fashion as the "my black girlfriend has a slave/master fetish" guy that got the last iteration of this thread closed.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Diet can have an influence on taste as well.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

The Door Frame posted:

I would love to draw on my partner with lipstick since it has a great texture and would be sexier than markers, but that poo poo will get all over my sheets and I only have one fitted sheet left after dropping hookah coals on my other one

Get a cheap blanket and put it down on top of your sheets/blankets. If the lipstick doesn't wash out no big deal.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
My wife says I tend to get "handsy" in the middle of the night sometimes and she has to bat me away.

Never had any recollection of this happening though, and it's never progressed to foreplay or full-blown sex.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

KillHour posted:

I especially like how normal condoms aren't all that much better than pulling out, anyways.

I'd suggest the guy whose wife just came off BC in preparation to have a baby just use withdraw - anecdotally my wife and I used it for seven years without as much as a scare, it can work if you know when to pull out.

And even if it fails you're planning on having a baby anyways, right?

cash crab posted:

And yes, the little string that comes out of the cervix is what worries me. I have just heard a few people complaining about it, is all.

My wife has had her mirena for almost two years now. She doesn't even notice the string, it's been a long time (over a year?) since I felt it - and even when I did it wasn't any worse than having teeth lightly scraped across the head of my penis during a blowjob. Which admittedly I'm kind of into, I guess that could be a deal breaker if you're not.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

misty mountaintop posted:

Whats up with me where I like to suck dick a lot more when I'm high than I do when I'm not high? I'm a woman if that matters.

This is pretty much what happens to my wife when high. And the wives/girlfriends of everyone I know well enough to discuss such things when high.

:420: is pretty awesome in that regard.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Agreed, I got laid off in late March and have been on a long term break in preparation for the inevitable new hire drug test (start a new job Monday so that should be soon.) It's pretty awesome when you're on the receiving end as well.

How often do you have to submit a test? I've had two jobs in the last 11 years and have taken approximately one drug test for each, seems that in the private sector as long as you don't let it affect your job performance or you don't have a work related accident they don't give a gently caress.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Unfortunately vasectomy wasn't included in the no-cost birth control mandate portion of the ACA, so unless you have really good insurance you'll probably have to meet your annual deductible before they'll cover it.

If your partner has insurance she should be able to get pretty much anything 100% covered, when my wife got her IUD a few years ago our insurance covered pretty much everything but the ultrasound, IIRC we paid less than $200 out of pocket and the whole procedure was right around $2000.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

John Lee posted:

Also, Geoj: I'm not covered under my lady's insurance. We have totally different and unrelated plans.

As long as she has insurance that wasn't grandfathered in from before the passage of the ACA anything she chooses should be covered 100%. They might not cover some ancillary procedures deemed unnecessary but that should be a drop in the bucket compared with what you'll likely have to pay out of pocket for a vasectomy, unless you have a "cadillac plan" with a low deductible or one that covers vasectomy at no cost.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Yes, her plan (unless she's still somehow on a grandfathered plan from before 2012) will cover at no out of pocket cost any FDA approved contraceptive device or procedure for her. Read more here. (e: that's technically for plans on state and federal-run exchanges but the same rules apply to private plans as well.)

I'm not trying to talk you out of a vasectomy but from an economic standpoint it makes more sense for her to get on long-term birth control, or if she can find a doctor willing to do it, sterilization.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Aug 6, 2015

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

KillHour posted:

I've heard certain mind-altering substances can make it easier.

Seconding this, while high it's quite easy but it's a different sensation in my experience - more diffuse and whole body than a regular orgasm.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

black.lion posted:

So the cordless Hitachi I ordered got here and whoa it's definitely a thing. I let it vibrate against my hip bone for awhile and even that felt really nice.

I bought my wife a magic wand for christmas a few years ago and it gets far more use as an actual deep tissue massager than a sex toy.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
As posted on the last page:

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

See dan savage's advice: say what you're about to do, say what you're doing, say what you just did.

Adjust your vocabulary to match your partner's preferences.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
If you're looking for length and girth in a waterfowl look no further than a swan.

:awesome:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
My wife was initially against an IUD - she went to the GYN seeking a tubal and they gave her the usual run-around about how she actually wants children and will surely change her mind in the next 5-10 years (she was 28 at the time), so instead of setting up yet another appointment to roll the dice with another doctor she went ahead with a Mirena. Two years later she's fully on board and is planning on getting another when this one is up for replacement.

Everyone's experience is different but she has almost zero side effects - she gets a little bit weepy when she goes on her period. But for tradeoff her periods went from 1-2 weeks of heavy bleeding and debilitating pain to next to no/no bleeding for a few days and only minor discomfort.

If you want more information there's a Birth control megathread.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Kind of like how a bit of biting during a blowjob feels good. Not a lot of pain, but enough to make things interesting.

I always described it as having teeth lightly dragged across the head during a blowjob. Of course, if you aren't into that it could be a major turnoff.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Crazyeyes posted:

Well this disqualifies the IUD method, then. Gf all about avoiding discomfort.

My wife has a Mirena (hormonal IUD,) she's the biggest baby on the planet and said it wasn't that big of a deal. During the insertion she said as soon as she wished I was there to hold her hand during it was over, and was back to normal with no more pain than what she usually experienced during a period within about 12 hours.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Cuckoo posted:

EDIT doing some reading and it says "no law explicitly forbids importing prescription drugs from other countries, so long as they are not controlled substances and that the purchase is done with the knowledge and approval of a licensed physician." Maybe if someone wants to cover their rear end, they could explain this drug to their GYN and get written permission? All of my doctors already know about the pill.

My wife was considering the same stuff from India before passage of the ACA (she's hypothyroid, before no insurance company would cover her) and I researched it, apparently worst case scenario is customs will intercept the package and send you a postcard stating they found contraband in your package and instructions for appealing the decision. The vice squad isn't going to kick your door down over non FDA approved oral contraception.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Faerunner posted:

We resumed having sex two or three days after placement; he said he could feel the strings (they're made of a stiff nylon that softens over time) but otherwise had no complaints.

My wife has had her IUD for about two and a half years now, I could initially feel the strings but they've since softened or curled and it's been a good 8 months since the last time I felt them.

Even when they were still poking me it wasn't any worse than having teeth lightly scraped across the head during a blowjob, although if you aren't into that I guess it could be unpleasant...

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
I would point out the following regarding vasectomies:

• Despite reversal being technically possible men seeking them are told the procedure should be considered permanent, and reversal procedures are both highly expensive ($10,000+) and not covered by most insurers
  • Unless you're over 35 and/or have enough children to satisfy the urologist who would be doing the procedure you're likely to run into "oh you naive 20-something, everyone wants babies and you do too - even if you don't know it yet"
  • Unlike literally every other FDA-approved contraceptive/sterilization method vasectomies were not covered by the birth control mandate of the ACA, so instead of having nearly all of the procedure covered you'd have to deal with deductibles, co-pays and annual out of pocket maximums before your insurer would cover any of the procedure (unless you happen to have amazing health insurance)

Suggesting that he should get a vasectomy before his girlfriend even tries an IUD or implant is just about as insane as suggesting his girlfriend should get a tubal before they use condoms.

And frankly, if unprotected sex is a dealbreaker he should probably just break up with her and find someone not so paranoid about getting pregnant that she would insist on him wearing a condom when she has birth control that is statistically as effective as sterilization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Crazyeyes posted:

She's said she'll reevaluate BC options when she moves out of her parents house (ie-we move in together, which we've been thinking about).

This would be a decent reason to not want to get on oral contraceptives but with an implant or IUD there isn't going to be any outward evidence she has it, and if she's concerned about her doctor spilling the beans the law is very, very clear regarding doctor/patient confidentiality - her doctor would be risking his/her license to practice medicine by divulging such information to her parents unless she was still a minor.