Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

John Cena posted:

They're pretty engrishy from what I understand.

No, they're fine. They're how I watched it at first. The reach big issue is that any instance of I, DIO was replaced with "me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

aers posted:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-844535/new-spring-titles-jojos-bizzare-adventure

This appears to be parts 1/2 and not 3, although they don't really say anything outright. I'd say its a decent sign they get part 3, though.

April 1st.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They did say details later, but yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. The threats of quitting crunchyroll forever in that thread if this is a joke are worth it, though. :allears:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The official subs for part 1 and 2 change every single instance of Suzie Q to the full Suzie Quatro, and give the Pillarmen names that actually look like names - Esidisi, Wamuu, and Kars instead of the ACDC, Wham! and Cars that some people seem to like, still. That's the full extent of it.

The Suzie Quatro thing doesn't even make sense, that's just her namesake's name.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Her full name actually is Suzie Quatro officially and has been since she was introduced. I think it says it in the beginning of the volumes where it shows the Joestar family tree. The pillar men names are that way in the original, too. Wham and ACDC aren't even spelled the same way in Japanese. エシディシ&ワムウ instead of エーシーディーシー&ワム
But yeah, hamon is dumb.

Yeah, I knew that, what I mean is they'll say Suzie Q, but the subs say Suzie Quatro every single time.

I came into it with the official subs, and I think ripple is the dumb name. :shrug:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HellCopter posted:

I thought I've been keeping up with ASB but I guess not, what are the extent of the name changes in the upcoming release?

Sticky Fingers is now Zipper Man.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If this soundtrack is only half as good as Part 2s, I'll be happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3tkaVcYgPA

edit:I meant to post the jamless version :sweatdrop:

Pomp fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Apr 2, 2014

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think all you pay for with Crunchy is higher resolutions.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Would fansubs be an off limits discussion since it sort of implies pirating?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh. Then I'll wait for Part 5 to be fixed before catching up with the manga, if the anime proves faster than that then okay. Thanks :)

Parts are mostly self contained, and 5 has almost no crossover with any other part. You can safely skip 5 and get nothing about it spoiled from subsequent parts.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Broseph Brostar posted:

It is dumb to leave it untranslated, but it's not my first concern about a translation of part I.

Speaking of which, do they have Dio referring to himself as "I, Dio"? Cause that's what I really care about.

No. It seems to be mostly the official subs with a few tweaks, but that was left untweaked. :(

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Housh posted:

I just watched the first episode and have never read the manga. I'm a little confused and I think I missed something: Didn't Erina and baby Lisa Lisa survive the boat explosion by hiding in Dio's coffin? Where did Dio find this other coffin to hide in with Johnathan's body? Wtf? If this is something we find out later then I will just wait. The animation quality is noticeably way better this season. I am so pumped for episode 2.

You didn't miss poo poo. Araki straight up forgot about Erina using the coffin back when he started Stardust Crusaders.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Housh posted:

Are you loving serious?!

Dead loving.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kurtofan posted:

I'm more surprised they didn't retcon it in season 1.

As far as I could tell, they didn't give Jonathan the birthmark either. It looks like they're just gonna let all the retcons happen when they happen.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shinjobi posted:

I am going to spend the entire series trying to crack the code on where Jotaro's hat ends and his hair begins.:eng101:

The true Stardust Crusaders experience.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
We've entered a time warp back to the Jojo fan base circa 1989.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I remember an except from a D&D manual that said something along the lines of "simple rules with thousands of exceptions." In other words, spells, abilities, and feats exist to break the baseline rules. I think that's a good way to look at Stand powers.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's worth noting, however, that Jotaro doesn't mean to be aloof or standoffish - he thinks that it's so obvious he cares about the people around him that they can tell just by looking at him, and considers it a waste of time to put more effort would be pointless. This is only really touched on in Jotaro's mini-bio in an early volume of Stardust Crusaders, I think.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Srice posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j64JegzWf3c

Here's the OP. I think I like the previous OPs way more, but this ain't bad.

Star Platinum punching over Jotaro is hype as poo poo.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Both of the season 1 OPs give a ton of spoilers in really subtle ways that you're only really going to notice in retrospect, except maybe Dio getting shot after putting on the mask.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kild posted:

Attack on Titan episodes had a bunch of 'INSERT ANIMATION HERE' stills in their episodes and parts not colored properly while also being submitted an hour before it airs.

It's still full of those.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kild posted:

Even in the Blurays?

With what I watched off Netflix, at least. I'm not really huge into anime, so I didn't even realize it might have just been a production thing, and it really put me off the show. I kept watching, and then every episode promising something cool rarely every actually delivering on it and spending entire episodes on a single thing like someone deciding whether or not they're gonna do a thing was really frustrating and I hated it and I watched the whole thing and I'm excited for season 2 and I don't know why. :negative:

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNLBfwVOdDE

Pomp fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 12, 2014

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Condiv posted:

Was she really made sexier? I don't think it's much of a stretch that her shirt came unbuttoned in the middle of a tussle, considering how badly hierophant green controlled her body. Quite frankly, I dunno how anything with her in that scene could be played as fanservice, she looks deranged and kind of gross for most of the scene, and when hierophant green is pulled out of her, she's lying in a pool of her own blood. Not exactly what I call sexy.

Counterpoint - this is anime we're talking about.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

No one seemed to complain until Spacedad brought it up, though.

It would be nice to just sit back and enjoy a show leaving all the moral discussion out of it for once.

He said what a lot of us were thinking.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Caesar straight up clowns on Wamuu, and Wamuu says that Kars would have been utterly destroyed by Caesar. :shrug:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nine of Eight posted:

The KLK thread is dead, long live the new :tvtropes: thread.

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Oh good we're on this topic now.

I'm sorry some people call out the weird, offputting fanservice in your precious animes.

Say it with me - You can enjoy something while still acknowledging it has issues.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
"Kind of"

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fat_Cow posted:

So, I'm probably slow as hell but is Jonathon suppose to look like Fist of the North Star?

Phantom Blood is supposed to be Fist of the North Star with vampires.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Phobophilia posted:

It's those shoulderpads.

Also, is Stardust Crusaders as hilariously homoerotic as Battle Tendency? You'd think so from the name, but everything seems to be played relatively straight.

Depends on if you're Clamp or not.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Holy loving poo poo.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

XboxPants posted:

I am always immensely pleased when this series reminds me of Zoolander. Which is, you know, pretty much constantly. Battle Anime Zoolander is a concept I can stand for.
(I do realize Zoolander didn't come first)

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Do you think Joseph even tried tapping the camera like DIO, or do you think he just leapt straight to obliterating the things?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I would love to know how that meeting went. Eastwood doesn't strike me as being an anime/manga fan while Araki is geeking out on that pictures. :v:

"What the gently caress is a manga."

"Who the gently caress is this guy?"

"Did I look like that?"

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Heritage to the Future is the best ORAORAORA simulator, and Pet Shop is broken beyond belief. It contains spoilers for the final act of Stardust Crusaders though! ASB is full of them too, but it's mostly just going to be bewildering and confusing unless you already know what happens, because they're presented with zero context except for the exact same part 3 spoilers.

"Why is a cat robot flying out of that kid's eye?"

"Why is this dude making ring ring ring noises?"

"Why arE WE IN SPACE?"

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
P O L N A R E F F IN THE HOUSE

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

khy posted:

I've heard great things about this series but I can't get past the character design and art. It all looks so flamboyant and gay. I can't decide whether or not the series is trying to appeal to the homosexual male or heterosexual female demographics.

Yeah, wouldn't want to like something FOR GIRLS.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Like, if your reaction to how fabulous Jojo is to ask "Is this marketed at gays or women? :ohdear:" Jojo might not be for you, because it only gets more fabulous from here, and also I don't like you.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Phobophilia posted:

I guess some men just have weaknesses. I would have fallen for the same trick myself.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He looks like he's about to beat the poo poo out of someone while enjoying every moment of it.

Waffleman_ posted:

Please stop. We haven't gotten to these things yet and they are great things.

Edit: I mean, I don't see how you can not recognize literally posting panels from later in the manga as spoilers.

I couldn't even tell you what's going on in mine because I never read Stardust Crusaders. :v:

Pomp fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if there's any PUAs that find inspiration in Jotaro constantly negging bitches.

• Locked thread