Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
5er
Jun 1, 2000

PantsBandit posted:

I wish people would just go back to posting screenshots because that was way more entertaining than Paper Trail talk.

Post some. Sometimes you got to prime the pump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

5er posted:

Post some. Sometimes you got to prime the pump.

I actually haven't even tried out the photo editor yet but I may have to do that when I get back from work today.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Pump primed.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Hey what is this update I'm downloading? :)

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Feenix posted:

Hey what is this update I'm downloading? :)

It's just an extra cutscene of Delsin bowing repeatedly. "New powers take some time to complete. Please understand."

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Laugh all you want, I'm getting a sweet hat at the end of the day :smugdog:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

No posts regarding Part 6 kind of speaks for itself.

The ending was okay, and productionwise pretty much in line with what I was expecting. The final twist was a bit of a surprise. At the end the puzzles felt more contrived than before, but then again, Celia is nuts. However, forcing us to do a previous tedious puzzle 4 times again was another poor decision.

I hope they revisit Celia's story eventually. Seems perfect for dlc.

The hat is indeed neat, but I don't like the look of the vest that comes with it. So I guess PantsBandit gets the last laugh after all.:regd09:

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Someone mind spoiling the plot of paper trail? I don't have access to the game anymore.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Luminaflare posted:

Someone mind spoiling the plot of paper trail? I don't have access to the game anymore.

Without too many details

The conduit girl Augustin took care of that became the first prisoner in Curdun Cay, Celia, didn't actually commit suicide. She escaped to seemingly go on a vendetta against prominent anti-conduit figures. Except, it turns out Augustine actually knew Celia didn't die and was using her as a personal assassin (though Celia didn't kill everybody attributed to her). Augustine was afraid of anybody challenging the DUP's reign, but also probably rightly recognized that if fringer anti-conduit elements were responsible for dealing with conduits, they'd have a far darker future. Celia is clearly a broken person, and begins to idolize Delsin as a symbol of empowerment - because he's a kickass conduit and finally unshackles her from Augustine. That said, it's evident Augustine still held Celia dear, and Celia respected and probably loved Augustine (as a parent).

--

Mind if I post an account of some fun times with my concrete bros?

Click for higher res.

We like to keep fit and usually start our meet ups of with a little bit of sprinting.

Then some jumping.

We do a lot of jumping.

A lot.

They usually do a bit more.

But sometimes I feel like I don't quite fit in

I get doubtful. I get frustrated.

But whenever I'm feeling down

I know I can count on my concrete bros to set me thinking straight

And cheer me up (with the power of dance)

Everyone needs a helping hand every so often

We're really not all that different

Me and my dancing concrete brothers

---

These guys are probably my favorite enemy. They're tough, pack a punch, don't immediately flee when you get close to them, and don't carry autoaim miniguns.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dear diary thread,

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Good on ya, Rinkles.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Thanks to the new update I can finally show off this shot in good quality:

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I'm glad we can export to USB now, can share my pretty cool pics without twitter compressing.

The last one is my new wallpaper.

Spalec fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 30, 2014

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Yup! Nice shots, and screw compression, here's my full gallery.

http://imgur.com/a/ZMrlz (Spoilers contained within if you look hard enough.)

Personal favorites so far:

Gonna stop being spammy now. There's over 100 in the gallery so far, because this is too much fun. :3: Lesson to any game developers: Give me photo mode and you'll basically get a free press pack out of me.

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 30, 2014

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Honestly, if you told me this was a real gameplay shot, 1 of 30 frames @ 1080p native, I would have my mind loving blown less than 6 years ago.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I think this'll be the first game I try to get a full 100% trophies on. I really enjoyed the hell out of the single player.

I just completed the good side, bout to do the evil side on expert for most of the remaining trophies.

I'm a little surprised with the route they took and I'm not sure how they'll come up with a sequel, but I said the same after Infamous 2 so I'm sure they'll surprise me eventually.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Borrowed this off a friend, so only time for one playthrough. In a nutshell, which one is more fun? Good or evil. I took the good path for the first choice, but in the end whatever is more fun is what I will go with for the rest.

henpod fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 7, 2014

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Good will be almost certainly be canon for the sequel, but both ways of playing are fun. You be more reckless on Evil.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It's a toss up because some powers are more fun as evil, some as good. That said, I'd go with good just because evil Delsin is a genuine dipshit.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You're strongly incentivized to stick with the same path throughout the game, so you may as well keep going with the Good.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Rinkles posted:

It's a toss up because some powers are more fun as evil, some as good. That said, I'd go with good just because evil Delsin is a genuine dipshit.

I had fun hating evil Delsin when I played as him on my first run, but the storyline makes basically no sense in that path IMO. It totally undermines Delsin's relationship with his brother and in general much of what he's set out to accomplish.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Good it is! Thanks guys.

I do kind of want to murder Peds at my whim, guess I will do that when I don't plan on saving the game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

henpod posted:

Good it is! Thanks guys.

I do kind of want to murder Peds at my whim, guess I will do that when I don't plan on saving the game.

The karma cost is marginal enough that you won't have to worry much (or just do a good karmic activity every so often to counter it). Killing a civilian will however reset your karma bomb meter - a super attack. But the game's easy enough to not have to rely on them, and you'll get plenty of opportunities to fill it back up during combat (I think you need 7 consecutive good acts, like subduing a foe instead of killing them, to fill it up).

But, otoh, if that's more your playstyle I'd go with evil. Evil abilities, and the way the evil karma meter works, promote aggresive and reckless behavior. I might have actually preferred my evil play through, but part of that was getting better and more confident at the game (even though that was on expert).

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpS-oadeewo
The first of the real DLC is showing up now. Looks like a prequel campaign as Fetch.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

If it's a prequel does that mean no chance of any power but neon? Lame.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'll buy it if we get to use her awesome continuous neon lasers instead of Delsin's lame neon powers.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Looks sort of interesting, but could suffer from being more of the same. Will have to wait and see reviews before I feel comfortable dropping fifteen dollars on it.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I totally expect nothing but neon but I also think this might be a good chance to get a wide array of neon powers other than what Delsin acquired. I'm thinking more in line with Cole from inFamous 1 having just electric but being extremely versatile for whatever dumb puzzles stand in for road bumps.

I'll buy it day one. I like inFamous that much.

edit; on a semi-related I note, I felt it weird but is "stand-alone" becoming a selling point to DLC stories, like to ease in on the main game? Like wouldn't it be better to go with the traditional patch+dlc key, sort of pushing sales of the primary more expensive title? What about retaining the i:ss disc just to play the dlc?

Scyron fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 11, 2014

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Is there an easy way to get this stupid kill 10 guys near ammo boxes trophy? They never want to go near the stupid things.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
The second island has a bunch of concrete outposts that have little platform space and lots of guys, usually with two ammo boxes.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/gamescom-returning-to-seattle-in-infamous-second-sons-dlc-first-light

IGN has some more info on the DLC, it suggests 4-5 hours to complete but there's also an arena based mode set in Curdun Cay, with waves of enemies and leaderboards. If you own Second Son you can use automatically unlock Delsin to use in arena mode.

First light also has a Platinum trophy too, if you care about that kind of thing.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Spalec posted:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/gamescom-returning-to-seattle-in-infamous-second-sons-dlc-first-light

IGN has some more info on the DLC, it suggests 4-5 hours to complete but there's also an arena based mode set in Curdun Cay, with waves of enemies and leaderboards. If you own Second Son you can use automatically unlock Delsin to use in arena mode.

First light also has a Platinum trophy too, if you care about that kind of thing.

Well that confirms my desire to buy it. I couldn't ask for anything more for the price. Horde mode is going to be really fun.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Another plat? I was already sold, day 1, now I have a reason to take a break from TLoU and get some super power fun time in.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Completed Infamous: Second Son today, the expert mode is not that hard (the first two titles were more lethal) and you can chalk me up in the group of people that say that the evil path is stupid and feels like an afterthought. On the other hand the graphical engine for this game is still gorgeous.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

If First Light came out a few weeks ago I would've been interested but now it's too close to Madden and Metro Redux, and NHL and Destiny on Sept 9.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
For some reason the 1.04 update seems to break the game for me. I get the SCEA logo and the Sucker Punch logos and then I get hung on a black screen. This is using the actual Blu-Ray too. I fixed it by uninstalling the game but wen the update came through again it did the same thing again.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Rubiks Pubes posted:

For some reason the 1.04 update seems to break the game for me. I get the SCEA logo and the Sucker Punch logos and then I get hung on a black screen. This is using the actual Blu-Ray too. I fixed it by uninstalling the game but wen the update came through again it did the same thing again.

It might be related to some rear end in a top hat(s) DDOS'ing PSN, apparently the PS4 trying to connect but failing is causing some wacky things to happen.

Try switching off your PS4's internet and try booting the game again.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Been playing First Light, and it's fun to see how they made Neon even more insanely overpowered. Still enjoying it though.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Had a great time with First Light, enjoying wrapping up the content for that platinum, but who do I talk to to request that they patch in costumes for free roam mode? That DUP outfit is too good not to wear around Seattle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
It's nice that Sucker Punch tried to experiment a bit more with things that in a simple "DLC" from a normal game would have looked too similar to the release. Even Blood Festival was just a reskinned Infamous 2. Am I wrong or the daylight is different from Second Son? They patched in surveillance cameras, put events like drive by shootings and random gang wars and modified the mini-map (and now you can also see where your objectives are if you look for energy sources). The mini-map however looks too devoid of icons.

However right now having the Akurans kidnapping people make the whole "silencing akurans" an evil thing rather strange.

"That was... adequate" (Yeah, dream on, Augustine)

• Locked thread