Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

"Strictly report the Chinese SECs assessments. Avoid reporting false information."

Help, these are mutually contradictory instru:psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Uncle Jam posted:

Its a bit fractaly too if you zoom in. If you look at only the first bear trap I bet you'd be able to see an even smaller bear trap before that. It's a mugs game to play stocks against computer models making millisecond trades anyway.

What? Mid term and long term investment does not have a lot to do with hft. Now, you still want to be careful about going up against mamoth statistical (and inside trading :haw: ) operations for similar reasons, but it's not exactly infeasible to outguess indices.

(Almost everyone who is not an inside trader will be essentially flipping a coin, though.)

More on topic, this is looking rather nightmarish. Oh well, I'm sure a Chinese crash won't have negative side effects.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Uncle Jam posted:

Oh I am sure some people could do it but I would bust out almost immediately, I suck at that poo poo.
Long term investment yeah, but trying to get money on a bubble like this.

Oh, I misunderstood your point. Yeah I'd be real real hesitant in this sort of volatile, about to be more volatile environment.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Crashrat posted:

Also since no one else has mentioned it the National Supercomputer Center is well within the blast radius.

Was.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

cheesetriangles posted:

People that read books will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.

Literacy is a miracle of Lhankor Mhy and as long as you obtain a suitably glorious prosthetic beard you will be a valued member of society.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Zohar posted:

In that context it's just a light to the powder keg, and if the tide doesn't break now there'll be plenty more seizures to come where it might.

While I think your assessment is very solid, your metaphors are getting alarmingly mixed.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

hailthefish posted:

Like anyone currently under 50 is ever going to see a loving cent of Social Security anyway.

Piffle.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Mozi posted:

So now there's a lot of high explosives just chilling on ships for the foreseeable future?

Stay safe, goons in Maritime Transportation. I know we have a surprising number of those (although it might go down in the near future :ohdear: ).

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Ceciltron posted:

We're all gonna be arrested.

Man, China is not a country I want to be banned from just yet. :(

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Fojar38 posted:

deng xiaoping, free market hero

Oh, so they weren't being sarcastic? I was pretty torn.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Shifty Pony posted:

China used up around 2.5% of their foreign reserves last month, most of it likely going into propping up the markets.

:stonk:

While hilarious, this is also not great.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

They're going to slow down to Brazil-like mediocrity and it won't be dramatic enough to force any kind of dramatic, face-losing critical re-analysis of the China's Going to Rule the World narrative, the pundits will just quietly shuffle off to the next Oriental Superpower to start hyping up and pretend these last 20 years never happened

Finally, Sri Lanka's time to shine!

Alternatively, Thailand after the crown prince takes power and conquers the rest of Indochina for making fun of his poodle's birthday celebration.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Uh oh.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Bro Dad posted:

Welcome aboard Papa Xi's Wild Ride!

Tl;dr China is about to begin the biggest credit default swap in human history :getin:

:stare:

:catstare:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

throw to first drat IT posted:

Excuse me but I have good reason to suspect that Trump is bringing back the gold standard. How do you crash economy backed by purestrain gold? You can't, checkmate globalists :smug:

I will personally beat you to death with economics textbooks.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Peven Stan posted:

This year will surely be the year the PRC economy completely melts down -forjar38, 2011-

White people's deranged hatred for china is all the more hilarious given their own odious history of settler colonialism and genocide.

Don't overgeneralize, Peven. Some of us feel China deserves the opportunity to catch up to our high score. :colbert:

edit: oh, sure, a lot of the technology-differential low-hanging fruit has been plucked, but with the climatepocalypse right around the corner there's a whole new batch of imperialism and atrocity ready to be had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Fojar38 posted:

Chinese debt hit 300% of GDP as of May.

Oh good.

• Locked thread