Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I spent too much time playing the Undisputed games online, just trying to get them down and lay and pray on em with the most wrestly guy in that division, and after about 8 seconds of staying heavy, tiny hammerfists, and breathing the whole time just like Serra wanted, people would just get loving FURIOUS on voice chat. This would usually result in them spamming moves to try and get up, which made it easy to ride them into full mount, and then I would just unload on them. This worked for most skill levels, barring the elite guys. I was no good at the game online playing with any other style.

I think my three keys were:
*DEVASTATING GROUND AND POUND
*FINISHES THE FIGHT
*HEART

I am interested in EA UFC but the new systems are too expensive with too little content at this point for me. Looking at all of the THQuality in my collection though means that it'll probably be the game I buy with the PS4 system whenever it falls into the $250-$300 range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Bubba Smith posted:

I found this link that nicely shows all the modeled fighters in the roster thus far. Werdum and Mousasi were added tonight:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/111258951@N02/

I'd like to know if there were problems getting some guys scanned or if there was an A-team/B-team when it came to textures & modelling, cause some dudes like Mousasi & Condit look weird to me while other guys like Cain Velasquez could actually be Cain Velasquez inside the video game.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
The second mystery fighter clue is "Eligible in four weight divisions".

-Emaciated Fedor at 185
-Lean Fedor at 205
-Classic Fedor at HW
-Fedora Fox at Women's 135

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Labored Wooting posted:

Its going to be Bruce Lee and I'm going to shoot doubles on him unmercifully with Chadmoney.

You're probably right, but I googled Bruce Lee EA UFC and got a bit bummed out.

UFC Player-Created Fighter Cannot Be Shared Because of Copyright

That's a pretty weak excuse for taking out a feature you've had in Fight Night and EA MMA and other games get away with no litigation. I got quite a lot of enjoyment of taking people to the woodshed in Fight Night with a Michael Jackson downloaded boxer.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Hope it's better than it sounds because it sounds loving terrible.

It sure does. I think even the best submission systems (IMO a tie between Undisputed's cat and mouse and Dreamcast's choke a chunk of their health bar off) aren't even good implementations though. My bad and stupid idea is two systems, depending on if you're using power or technique for the sub. Power is a straight button mash, and technique is like a Simon Says system, filling in a jiu jitsu flowchart from the first step of the submission to the finish.

There would be five end results depending on mini game scoring: Reversal, Defender gains position, Neutral, Attacker gains position, Submission. You could have character traits where a guy like Mir could use the technique method by default in most situations, and Bob Sapp uses the power method in almost every situation, regardless of effectiveness.

It's convoluted sure, but so is this approach of putting in Mortal Kombat fatalities before your opponent does.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
The standing portion of that round looked like two people mashing buttons playing Tekken, and the ground portion looked straight out of EA MMA. Definitely going to have to play the demo first, but wow this game looks like several steps back from Undisputed 3, which wasn't a great MMA representation in the first place.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

CarlCX posted:

I feel like there's a pretty good chance it'll actually be a little worse than UFC 3. It will most definitely have less features. At this point I'm just hoping they learned from EA MMA's mistakes and tightened their physics up considerably so it actually feels satisfying, because the no-weight feel was the worst thing about it.

Also, have some lovely cellphone footage of the game that will show you what it will actually look like when people play it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX9ALEPtMvY

Check out that unblocked 7 hook combo at 0:35 that seems to break DC's neck about four seperate times before he staggers away

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Leaving the submissions to the stats wouldn't be a half bad idea, but then again Ronda Rousey - Striking: 97

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
That NeoGAF thread linked last page has some gems.

• Locked thread