Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
Chiming in to recommend the Microfreak. It’s a LOT of synthesizer for the price point. Once you understand the mod matrix, you’ve got nearly unlimited sound design potential at your fingertips. I don’t think Arturia is done updating it, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

NonzeroCircle posted:

Has anyone got a Microfreak?
How are you finding it? It looks really intriguing.

I love mine. The new updates really add quite a bit to it. Once you get the mod matrix down you’ve got a ton of sound design options at your fingertips.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
I sold all my POs other than the Rhythm. Hate the UI.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

Rolo posted:

I was looking at a Microfreak yesterday. Would anyone recommend it as a first synth coming off from Pocket Operators?

It was my first post-volca synth and still use it frequently. I can’t recommend it enough.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Yeah, I looked at the Rampage and read some comparisons, and I’d rather get Maths. I actually really like what I see of the Make Noise stuff, so maybe in a few years I’ll start picking up more of their stuff.

I’ve got a 0 coast and a Strega and they’re literally my current favorite pieces of gear.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
“Born in the USA”, except only the chorus

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

JamesKPolk posted:

Looking on Reverb for volca drums:

I’m the one running the Volca Drum and Volca Bass 2-pack if you’re interested.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

Pollyanna posted:

Did I misunderstand how the Drum Sequencer works on the BSP? I would expect it to send MIDI data in an identical manner to the Sequencers, but apparently not. What’s going on?

Edit: got it. Apparently I need to outright reprogram the pads. :psyduck: ok

This leaves you with many other pads you can assign to other gear. I sequence both a Volca drum and an Electribe on the same drum track.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

Pollyanna posted:

Do you use single or split mode on the Drum?

Split channel 1-6, and then I can manually enter the note data for the ER-1 on the remaining pads. I can post a photo of my midi control center settings if you’d like.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
Those fees though. I usually just go through Facebook marketplace or Craigslist these days.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

Anyone have a Strega/0-ctrl? If so, how do you like them?

I’ve got the 3-pack and absolutely love them. When all in a vertical case, they’re all set up patch points wise in a very complimentary manner.

Strega is a weird one that encourages experimentation. Very unique sounding, instant ambient machine.

0-Ctrl is an extremely open ended device. Since it’s all unquantized voltage, it supports thinking outside the box. I use it to sequence bass from the Strega while using the individual sequencer triggers for accents and chokes on the Akemies Taiko. Patch random poo poo and see what happens!

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

I legit didn't know the 0-coast was meant to be part of the package, I thought it was only a two setup, shows how much I know - truthfully I haven't looked much into makenoise at all until Strega came alone since modular stuff always kind of struck me as a really expensive way to make unappealing sounds for 99% of people who use it, so I've been skeptical of the learning curve. The strega appealed to me more because it doesnt seem like there's a wrong way to do it, just mess around until you find what you like. I'm curious, what vertical case do you have? Any chance you have a photo of it all set up and patched that you'd wanna post?

yessssss

I put an image up here: https://imgur.com/a/y1tZmSY - I’ve put some poorly recorded videos of it in action up on my instagram @synthpopisdead .

I found the stand on Etsy here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/951073097/impossibleshape-0-rack-3-tier-stand-for

I’m fond of controlling the 0-Coast via midi and running the CV/gate outs from it to the Strega for use as a sub oscillator, and using the 0-Ctrl to control other things. Like I said, very open ended.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

field balm posted:

Ugh I thought I'd beaten the eurorack bug but the tip top buchla stuff is pulling me back in. Prices so far seem very reasonable if the quality is there. https://tiptopaudio.com/buchla/

While I’m telling myself I’m sticking with the LPG, source of uncertainty, and function generator, I know I’ll probably get the whole set.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
I won a pulsar-23 through perfect circuit!

…I may need more room.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
I’ve also got for sale:

Korg Electribe ER-1 mk1
Bastl Drum Kastle
Sixtyfourpixels Noodlebox
Roland TB-3 Touch
Antimatter Audio Brain Seed

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
Is anyone going to Knobcon in IL this weekend?

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

What 1U stuff do you bitches have?

I have 26hp to burn and I already have a mordax.

Stereo I/O, Sloth, Guillotine (I highly recommend this one.)

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
Yeah I love mine, it’s a Swiss Army knife of synthesis.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
Can’t go wrong with Pam’s!

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

anyone use the Korg NTS-1 as an fx unit?

seems like a great option for cheap fx

It’s a nice little FX box, but be aware the output plug breaks off of the board very easily.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
I’m not sure if this is the right thread for this, but:

I’m looking for something that’ll output clock (or midi) from a turntable to sync my modular system with what’s playing on the turntable for synced sampling on Morphagene.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
I’ve got a keystep pro.

Not the best keybed, but I do like all the midi and CV connectivity. Do wish it had an extra octave or two on it.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
Digitakt.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

inferis posted:

loopop getting extremely pro genocide in his instagram story

yeah just unsubscribed to his patron about this.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

Judge Judy posted:

The latest story I see is a U2 clip from 4 weeks ago. What was the offending post?

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

B33rChiller posted:

Tell me all about it, please.
I'm always curious for patch idears

8 steps of three modulation lanes plus a clock which is also modulatable. Also sends gates, and the touch pads can also be set up for playing.

It’s pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
Anyone got any experience with the Mo’Phatt? I picked one up for $100 recently and all of the preset slots are empty.

I popped it open to look at the ROM card and see that there’s one unmarked card in there with two empty expansion slots.

I’m assuming I can load the factory presets via sysex?

I just wanted some cheesy 90s sounds :( It boots up just fine and I can scroll around various options, but can’t find any actual sounds to use.