Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Jose posted:

Sissoko is now also injured and Remy won't be back for the Man Utd game. We're going to lose 3-0+ again

Does it really matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

euroboy posted:

Please don't.

The transfer thread last summer was full of people (especially arsenal posters) melting down because Tottenham bought all those great players and were going to win the league.

Well didn't basically every pundit tell us this was a fact waiting to happen? Not winning the league but easily top 4 even maybe 2nd.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

not not luvd posted:

We cannot afford to lose on Sunday. Or next weekend for that matter.

Due for a win, it'll be alright...

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Eric Cantonese posted:

People should keep in mind that a lot of those players will have had a full season under their belts too, so they'll be more used to the league. I can see a lot of those players improving drastically under a better manager. If Spurs really do have Van Gaal lined up and exercise patience, it might be a case of wrongly predicting when Spurs become a scary side rather than if.

They're all Fernando Torres.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

TheRat posted:

I know people love calling rooney fat and lazy, but he's probably got the highest work rate on the team and is, in fact, very fast.

Literally the only reason people say this is because he looks like he'd be fat and lazy. And has smoked.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
If Chelsea get Mandzukic AND Costa there literally are no football gods, only demons.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Duncan Sperguson posted:

They'll sell him for like 20 million then buy him back when he is 24/25 for about 50

They'll have a sell back clause I'd imagine for 1-2 seasons if they actually do off load him. See what he does, pay a bit more to get him back. Most clubs will be willing to work with that who'd be in for him i'd imagine.

I guess they can't just ignore it though because remember we learned this season contracts don't matter.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Jose posted:

I don't see why they won't just loan him out again

Probably likely. I wonder what a loan option of half a season with them being able to get him back in January would be possible and likely if they need him.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Next year is going to be even more of a poo poo show than this year, it's going to be great.

I will be a true plastic though and get all gloomy and sad all season next year if Arsenal blow Champions League qualifying.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Pissflaps posted:

I wonder who could replace him...

yer mam

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Arsenal are going to win the FA cup and still get 4th and Liverpool are going to win the league. I can't complain too much about all that.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Everton are going to lose to City and United me thinks.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Barry Shitpeas posted:

I will concede that Suarez/Hazard is more likely but Hazard should definitely be above Sturridge

Sturridge has 20 goals and 7 assist competing with Suarez for those. Hazard has had poo poo strikers so he has had more chances to score goals, although I guess less for assists. He has 14 goals and 7 assist. He has also taken more PKs. He has had more influence on Chelsea for sure, but Sturridge has had to compete for scoring/assist with Gerrard taking the PKs and the best striker in the league currently as his partner. He wins.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Eau de MacGowan posted:

What has Hazard actually done? He's probably not going to win anything this year Chelsea are going to win the double and his goals/assists are more or less the same as Lukaku's for example, except Lukaku is younger and playing in a poorer team. Even Aaron Ramsey deserves it more than Hazard imo.

If only Ramsey didn't get hurt he'd for sure be on that short list for both. Proof being his last couple games easily looking the best player for Arsenal straight back from injury. Such a shame.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
It's even crazier to think he was a healthy young footballer who got ball cancer and by all common knowledge should have beaten it. Of all cancers it has the second lowest morality rate. It must have spread around or something before they caught it is all I can imagine.

quote:

Testicular cancer is one of the most curable forms of cancer. If the cancer hasn’t spread outside the testicle, the 5-year relative survival rate is 99%. Even if the cancer has grown into nearby structures or has spread to nearby lymph nodes, the rate is 96%. If it has spread to organs or lymph nodes away from the tumor, the 5-year relative survival rate is around 74%.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 18, 2014

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Goodnight, sweet prince.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

irlZaphod posted:

I'd love for Guardiola to get the job, but only if I could be there when he shows up and sees Tom loving Cleverly.

Cleverly would be a maestro of the 1 meter pass three times in a row back and forth IMO I don't see your point

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Lot 49 posted:

First time Everton, Manchester City and Liverpool have beaten United home & away since Premier League's inception.
First time Everton have beaten United home and away since 1969-70.
First time Everton & Liverpool have ever done a league double over United in the same season.
First time Man City & Liverpool have beaten United home & away since Premier League's inception.
First time United conceded a first-minute goal in the Premier League (Edin Dzeko for Manchester City).
United are guaranteed to finish the season with their lowest ever Premier League points tally.
United fail to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since 1995.
United's worst home league form for over a decade.
Suffered three defeats in a row for the first time since 2001 this season.
Eliminated in the FA Cup third round - something which happened just once under Ferguson.
First ever home defeat to Swansea this term.
First home defeat to Newcastle since 1972.
First home defeat to West Brom since 1978.
First league defeat to Stoke since 1984.

Way more records than SAF ever had in a season.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

irlZaphod posted:

Half of those "records" are since football began in 1992. You realise that under Ferguson, United have dominated English football since the Premier League's inception, yes?

Way to give Moyes credit were credit is due.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

serious gaylord posted:

I dont know what match you were watching but the only time they were forceful and attacking was right after United scored and oh look they ripped us a new arsehole. For the entire 120 minutes before that it was exactly the same *pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass aimless cross that goes no-where pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass*

Yuck breaking down the opponent with tiresome passing and then ripping them apart in the end is no way to win. Hoof and hope or get in the bin.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

serious gaylord posted:

But this is completely the opposite of what they were doing. They were getting no-where. Its only when they stopped making 2 yard passes, and instead played the ball forwards, burst down the wing and put a proper driven cross in that they got anywhere.

The amount of times they got in behind the united full backs only to stop and tap it back out to the half way line would infuriate me if it was my team.

Yeah, it does get tedious but I thought that was the point?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Total Meatlove posted:

There are other ways of playing that don't end up with 800 passes and 2 shots on target, which is the 'Pep Way'.

loving Mourinho plays more attractive football grinding out 1-0 wins against Stoke.

One game it sorta doesn't work (but still kind of does) and it's poo poo?

I think people don't like it because yeah it's not as exciting, and yeah, it's not your team holding the ball for long long periods in a very frustrating way for the other team/fans.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Diaby has the best job in the world.

Being competitive and wanting to play a fun game that others dream of playing as a career, or rotting away recuperating from awful injuries all the time and having a giant scare on your leg from it...

I think the guys who get to play win out imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

blue footed boobie posted:

By all accounts, Manchester United are just making a loving ton of money, and if the Glazers even remotely smart they'll allow the business to invest in the performance of the team. They're going to spend a shitton of money and its going to be awesome.

We can just hope for a Spurs outcome but sadly I do not think that will be the case.

• Locked thread