Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Everything was better back in the day! Young people were more involved and the music was good and had deep messages for society and everyone had better haircuts!

Y'all are officially old people.

The haircuts were stupid, but music was marginally better. No deep messages.

There were a couple years where people were genuinely big on recycling, that was cool. Then Bush came along and suddenly people did poo poo like dumping antifreeze into the storm drain BECAUSE ITS A FREE COUNTRY THAT'S WHY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SedanChair posted:

Please tell me you're joking.

Sorry, Hybrid Theory was the start of a bad genre.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

US Politics - Public Enemy and the Beastie Boys are nothing compared to Nerdcore.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BiggerBoat posted:

He meant to type "The Ramones" or "The Clash".

The 2000s were so bad they killed three of the Ramones.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Joementum posted:

Vladimir Putin as painted by "43".

If you look into his eyes, you can see his soul.

I see 43 attended the Cecilia Giménez School of Visual Arts.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mo_Steel posted:

Seriously, his stuff looks at least as good as some court artist work:

I'll always have a soft spot for the Blago trial though.

:allears:

Courtroom art looks better because it's not creepy.

Dude painted a picture of himself looking at himself in a mirror in a shower. The portrait is painted from behind as though the viewer is a prison rapist and he's the bitch.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Double post, my apologies.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sometimes the ol' deuce-alpha has a way of delivering full-metal irony to gunbunnies a la Inhofe's son dying in a plane crash a couple years after Inhofe almost killed a runway crew by landing on the closed runway they were working.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Goons immediately jumping to the conclusion that household income is a single earner. Who'd have thought.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

N00ba the Hutt posted:

Unless those words are just "gently caress" repeated over and over, this is the thread for it!
And if those words are repetitions of gently caress, hey, still likely to be an improvement on some of our derails.

I think it's because alzheimer's keeps them from remembering Alex Sink loses every election.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

A Winner is Jew posted:

:toxx: No one is going to take your loving guns while Hillary is in office if she wins in 2016.

What if it turns out he is now or later becomes a convicted felon and his guns have to legally be taken?

:ohdear: I hope this doesn't mean you get banned because you're a good poster in my book.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I wonder if that's even possible. I mean yeah, there's US territory between the airport and the UN building, but aren't there safeguards against poo poo like this being played?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

To y'all thinking Jeb isn't too bad: Check out the 2000 debates between W and Gore. GWB seemed well-spoken and reasonable too. Blame 9/11 all you want for him falling off whatever wagon he was on, but now we are dealing with the party that took the Bush years and made them orthodoxy. Jeb will be just as bad, but with a better grasp of language.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

So when Ronpaul says end the fed he really means he wants to return minting/printing powers to Congress e.g. him, before he retired to be Ronquixote, tilter at windmills.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Don't call me pal, sport.

Don't call me sport, chief.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SedanChair posted:

Congressmen and staffers must get all hot and bothered after watching House of Cards and fumblingly attempt to roleplay Kevin Spacey.

Could they fumblingly roleplay Kate Mara instead and just "fall" in front of a subway train?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Her husband also says the whole Jesus thing is a scam

Well he would considering it's his wife on the tape. At least this time McAllister's parents aren't writing hush money checks.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Any more info on this? I go school in the district that elected this moron and I've never heard of this, or the "his wife admits it's a scam" thing. Everyone is just "oh just like all politicians, I won't judge though because I'm not God" about it.

It's a reference to John Ensign of Nevada, who was not only caught banging his staffer's wife, but had both the wife and the husband on campaign/staff payrolls respectively, fired the husband (by finding him a job as a lobbyist without waiting a year - an FEC no-no on top of basically acting as a hotline for the guy's clients afterwards), and had his parents write a $96k 'gift' check to them in order to keep it quiet. Except it wasn't seen as a gift by the staffer and his wife - they thought it was severance pay.

Coburn (of Hoklagoma) was the one who 'floated a number' to the staffer, e.g. suggesting how big that check should be.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

He probably heard it from whoever beats him in the head with a hammer every day, thought it was a funny turn of phrase, and decided to blurt it at the attorney general.

Problem is that his hammer-wielding gimp master was fielding a bit of gastronomic criticism from the wife regarding his failure at properly cooking the otherwise delightful vegetable in question. She'd yelled down into the basement about how the asparagus was a lovely, lemony-peppery mush and the gimp, taking offense, insisted she not cast aspersions on his asparagus. Gohmert, as he had not yet received the first of his nightly concussions, was lucid enough to overhear. It was literally aspersions being cast upon a man's asparagus, but Gohmert took it as a euphemism (that bastard burns my grits/grinds my gears/throws shade) because he's a loving idiot.

Alternatively he believes he is literally a plate of asparagus and refers to himself in the self-possessive second vegetable. When he said "my asparagus" he meant himself.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mooyashi posted:

Can someone with archives please take some screenshots of the thread where the goon (God I can't remember his name, started with an S maybe?) argued that if you are okay with abortion as the baby is not alive until birth, you should theoretically be able to gently caress a baby that's halfway through being delivered?

AKA the Best Thread Ever

That sounds like something StarMagician would say. Possibly SedanChair if he was in possession of a particularly intense batch of meth.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

paragon1 posted:

Surely we're better than Alabama?

Not on the field :c00l:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I'm sort of torn about that poo poo being resolved. On one hand, great, nobody loving died or got shot or whatever. On the other hand, these pieces of subhuman filth are deriving validation from the federal government deciding not to, you know, engage in a bloodbath.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

1996 really was before the dawn of the current GOP. That was back when the 1994 crowd had taken power and was heading towards the present state of the GOP, but they still had shreds of decency and humanity in places and understood you have to know how fuckin' works in order to make safe choices about it. Sure they were repressive prudes but that's always been their mode.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gravel Gravy posted:

Huckabee's is a place where the average American would go to get fried onion rings norovirus, not a person you'd vote for as President.

Don't need no stinkin' health department pulling that North Korea food inspection hogwarsh on the workin' man.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Turns out the university hosed up and told the IRS they didn't bill me anything in 2012, but posted a 1099-T showing they billed me almost 5 grand in qualified expenses which I claimed $915 they're now saying is owed.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

E: Actually that comparison doesn't add up well. None of these comparisons add up well. Reagan was Aerys II, taking power on an upswing and spending the rest of his reign slipping further into mental illness as he destroys the kingdom.

His descendants and what's left of the people that took over his throne are inbred shitheels who have an obsession about debts.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 17, 2014

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

A Winner is Jew posted:

Actually if we're looking for someone who's first born, an entitled piece of poo poo, has no idea how the world works, is a sadistic rear end hole, hates everyone he is suppose to serve, doesn't listen to the more intelligent people around him but instead openly mocks and antagonizes them, and who everyone wants to kill if they could get away with it I'd look no further than the junior senator from Texas.

There's one minor difference though, and the country and the world are not nearly lucky or just enough to resolve it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Marcus Bachmann is Loras.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It's almost like their cripple-rear end ideology has its own cripple-rear end mode of language.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

/\ They're really causing me to question whether it's truly better that the feds didn't just goddamn roll in there with a couple armored fighting vehicles and solve that little argument for good. No bloodshed is good bloodshed but drat if they aren't stretching that worse than goatse.

comes along bort posted:

Spoiler: they already did a few decades ago. The guys who call themselves the klan today just didn't get the memo.

Uh yeah they're called conservatives now.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 23, 2014

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It doesn't take much in the way of brains to let your cabinet run the country by proxy. Bush was dumb as a fencepost and trying to claim otherwise is ignoring the fact that the dumb bastard spent half his presidency playing in the dirt at his ranch in Texas and then poorly faking a kind of machismo every time the cameras showed up by claiming "Yeah, clearing brush."

Motherfucker your dumb rear end expected people to believe you legitimately cleared brush every weekend for eight goddamn years.

He's stupid. It's unfortunate he isn't fitting through whatever wheeled trollposts you keep rolling around back there for what constitutes stupidity in a person but he didn't need to be goddamn Dwayne Elizondo Mountaindew Camacho or whatever to be explainably dumb. He was an idiot, period. He tripped over his own tongue constantly, sat on his balls whenever he tried to project any kind of swagger, failed everything he's ever attempted in life with the exception of campaigning (which is honestly attributable to Rove and the RNC more than anything) and the modicum of redemption even I'll grant him for having the shame to stay the gently caress out of the limelight after leaving the presidency. His energy company failed. No joke, his goddamn oil business in Texas failed. That's like running a bordello in DC, you're god damned stupid if you gently caress it up.

And as for elections, Louie loving Gohmert wins elections. If that's the bar you want to set for what makes someone smart you're going to be pretty disappointed. Bush was loving stupid and until there's evidence that he was somehow secretly a genius that's the way it'll have to be. The man on tape is a dumb man and it doesn't stop being that want just because you insist it's an act or that he was just mushmouthed and that's why he spoke like a moron. He also made stupid actions and those can't be handwaved away by just saying he's bad at speaking.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It has to do with the BLM in that he's no different from any other racist hickass fuckwad who thinks they can demand from the BLM the right to mooch off public lands when they can't produce enough grazing stock on their own.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Chokes McGee posted:

If he didn't say "Doumo Arigatou, Mister Roboto," he's not my president. :colbert:

Lack of trans-generational pop references really styx in my craw too.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I have always viewed the usage of the term "negro" as not inherently racist, but so archaic and provincial that the only people using it in a racial context are unequivocally racists. Without exception. It's also used as a noun (e.g. "A black" as opposed to "A black person") for the same reason.

It's like that who moved my cheese book. Reading it won't get you fired, but if your boss recommends it...

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

zoux posted:

Hate the racism not the racist, I always say.

Personally I hate the racist, too. Enough people have grown out of being "from a different time," it's a cop-out to excuse whatever racist piece of poo poo is in question. I think it's because I somewhat sympathize with the "they don't understand rational thought" mindset. Not necessarily in the sense that you need to literally beat the racism out of the racist, but that anyone capable of departing racist thought on their own through reason and empathy has done so. What's left requires effort beyond just hoping and praying. The remainders just stay a problem until they're shamed or beaten (in the court, in the market, and on the ballot) and made an example. They may not confront their evils but beating them publicly (same clarification as above) is close enough.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

That's disgusting. The official drink ought to be a heavy-handed Negroni.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Moscow Mule?

(Because we're all a bunch of Marxist jackasses :haw: if you ask the occasional low-effort troll who wanders in from GBS or whatever)

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Joementum posted:

The filing deadline in Grimm's district was two weeks ago, so he's on the ballot even if he resigns today.

Like Staten loving island would have changed their mind.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Joementum posted:

As Weigel joked, Grimm is as close as Staten Island could get to electing a sleeveless t-shirt to Congress.

My familiarity with the denizens of Staten island extends to second-generation shitheelery slithering down to Florida, so please correct me if I am wrong: Staten Island is basically a slightly less Italian Jersey Shore?

I was/still kind of am a rueful little bastard about these people with their accents that sounded like they had Downs Syndrome and persisted in their residence despite having nothing but complaints about everything plus da yumiddity. Never mind that it probably was a family friend from up there that stuffed ya muffla wit newspapah an cauwled it a fix, clearly it's the lack of a sufficiently dry heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

So are teams called franchises for shits and giggles?

I keep hearing/seeing poo poo about how the league can't outright revoke ownership without providing some kind of satisfactory buyout to Sterling, but I can't imagine the NBA, were they a franchise issuer, would be so stupid to draft a contract without some kind of allowance for brand protection and prevention from having to buy out racist fucks who paid enough money back when the NBA board of governors was closer to the CPAC committee than what it is today.

• Locked thread