Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ropa
Sep 7, 2006
so everyone speculating about no lighting features on par with the demos for PC either...

Their lighting technology was probably just staged non real time stuff drawn on the assets. It's the only way I can find a logical explanation for this. Now they don't have time to apply it to the whole game, just demos. But they can't use the FPS excuse with computers.

edit: real time

ropa fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Apr 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ropa
Sep 7, 2006

Doom Goon posted:

Did they give any other confirmation after that Spanish interview?

That's clearly french.

ropa
Sep 7, 2006

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

There's something about the shield and spear guys in Forest of Fallen Giants. Their shields block so much damage and they seem capable of attacking while still having their shields up, even though the animation doesn't quite reflect that fact. So whenever I run into them I start unleashing on them expecting them to go down quickly, but instead they block and stab-combo me to death.

Yep. It sucks.

Specially that attack where they basically move their shields in an angle to their backs leaving their hearts open for stabbing but oh my god i'm doing no damage

ropa
Sep 7, 2006
heads up people, the softbanning is real on PC.

Apparently wednesdays and saturdays are the worst days.

I did testing yesterday, gave me a couple of items in majula with CE, a 20 minute affair, and got one of my family member accounts totally softbanned.

It's super obvious on the bridge, always invaded/being invaded by the same 2 people, whom I backstab with the Smelter Hammer for... 740 damage! (it does around 1.6k-2.4k to anyone not level 800)

ropa
Sep 7, 2006

Helical Nightmares posted:

Is it just me or did Prowling Magus and Congregation feel like a throwaway encounter?

Other than that I am impressed how each level presents you with different tactical challenges. Fire Longsword and shield was getting me killed against the dual sickle wielding undead until I switched to a halberd. I had to switch to heavy armor and really learn positioning to get passed the Torturers. Then man-lions were slicing me apart until I changed to the Demons Greathammer. Had to use a greatsword's swing against the Skeleton Lords. Now the casters in Brightstone are loving with me.

I still can't get over how pretty it is. The Tower of Flame is just a gorgeous area. What a sunset. Those fantastic blue shingles :allears:

All those challenges can be overcome with the correct use of press circle

ropa
Sep 7, 2006

Junkenstein posted:

How long have the two DLCs been so far? If I wait for the third, will it feel like a proper expansion pack?

They're about the size of a full great soul DS2 multi-area.

For instance, going from Skeleton Lords to the lava boss.

ropa
Sep 7, 2006

Genocyber posted:

Apparently the thing they monitor seems to be just SM, which would be "lowered" if you loaded a backup save.

This is what people in reddit like to claim. Because there's that one big post talking about softban SM tests.

But I managed to recreate a softban yesterday by just memory editing myself items in Majula. So until Namdai says anything it's best to just play the game normally.

And yeah, bans are bound to your steam account. You can still use the family sharing to play unbanned on a different account though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ropa
Sep 7, 2006

El Golden Goose posted:

This makes me wonder what they can and can't detect - like, if I drop myself a monastery scimitar without farming for it, can they tell? Can they tell if I drop myself 99 titanite chunks? Tallgeese, do you know?

I did unintentional testing on this yesterday.

I dropped myself about 6 different wereables and weapons. Then changed my life gems quantity to 99, dropped 99 to get 99 effigies. Did the same to give myself 99 red orbs.

Went to Heide, couldn't get an invasion at all (SL100). Played the game until the bridge, only 1 dragon sign there and I kept invading the same two people. One was level +800 because my Smelter Hammer backstab was doing 700 damage.

It was pretty inmediate and there was no SM altering since I leveled up by dropping Old King Souls.

This was the first time since release I use CE. Never used metacap or did any sort of save file backup, editing or anything.

Logic tells me they see your inventory data, and can somehow check if the item was legit. But then again, they might just have certain pointers, like bonfires visited and items only obtainable once you've gone through some parts of the game. I wouldn't pretend to know. So there might be ways around it, however, I wouldn't toy with anything as it stands, unless you guys have family sharing and are comfortable with that.