Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If I pre-order will I get the soundtrack now or when the game releases officially?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Meinberg posted:

I've heard a lot about the whole enemies not respawning thing. Has this been an issue for people? I'm pretty bad at Dark Souls and am worried that this might impact how I play.

Unless you're absolutely awful at reclaiming your bloodstain, it won't kick in to be enough of a burden. Using the white soapstone will help you recover anything you lost.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Mindblast posted:

So you can increase the difficulty and there is no way to undo this. That's interesting. And potentially problematic.

You need to defeat the boss before you can raise the difficulty in an area using an ascetic, so chances are you won't be doing it unless you're ready for it. It's very difficult to do without realising.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Brings you back to the base SL of the class, unfortunately. So if you're a Knight then respeccing will give you a Knight's stats to spec 'up' from.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So the frame rate is good, then? :v:

Anyone know how Steamworks will impact multiplayer?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I have zero impulse control so bought this anyway. :smithicide:

What's the risk of getting invincible dick head wraiths this time around? I have no idea how much better Steamworks is for that side of things.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You did talk to the Emerald Herald right, Kraken.

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

So the internet is freaking out about some sort of screaming around the beginning of the game - Any substance to that rumor?

what :stare:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
What armour would you guys recommend, except for the Havel set, if the image I want to get across is "OK don't worry I'm here and I will tank the ever loving poo poo out of everything for you"? Big, hulking armour that nonetheless provides comfort rather than intimidation. :3:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The framerate, oh god the framerate, I think I'm going tohnnnnnnghghgfhhhgghgh :buddy:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
What's the quickest way to make myself eligible for Blue Sentinel invasions, you think? Just grab a load of red orbs and murder people?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So who else got This Is Dark Souls by forgetting to rebind their jump command? :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

A.C. posted:

Get some sin and move to NG+, the blue sentinel invasions will be nonstop.

e: This is true for red invasions, too. You won't get invaded much in NG but it will be an unbroken chain of invaders in NG+ for the first week or two.

Ah, cool. I'll dash up to the end game and murder everyone then. Gotta give the Bluebros something to do!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh my god pointing newbies at the FotG shortcut, explosive barrels by the wall, is absolutely hilarious. You can see the cogs turning as they put two and two together...

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yet to see anyone fight the Pursuer using the gimmick for an easy kill. PC MASTER RACE. :black101:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm convinced the Bluebros have had their counter-invasion timer decreased. I've invaded five people in a row and their buddy has appeared within twenty seconds, at most, of me invading.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That awkward moment when your PVP victim summons you for a boss. :stare:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Being summoned to another world! AN APOSTLE OF BLUE IS IN DISTRESS. :byodood:

*Disconnected from multiplayer session*

Apparently those five seconds to be summoned I mentioned earlier aren't enough.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So I'm currently burning my way through the game with a trusty Bastard Sword+4 (spent a pleasant hour getting chain summoned for the House Of Doom in the Wharf :v:), and I'm at 20 STR/12 Dex for it - flicking between one handed and two handed stance depending on whether or not I know I can stagger an enemy. I don't really plan to go much higher than that for these stats (I'm planning to round out my spell casting attributes to take advantage of Dark buffs and Pyromancy), but will the sword last me in higher PVE or PVP? I'm having a huge amount of fun with the weapon but I'd rather not suddenly discover I should have been pumping my chunks into a Greatsword or whatever.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Manatee Cannon posted:

What's the house of doom? The wharf was one of the easier areas I've been through, can't think of anything like that.

The room with all the long armed dudes. I've noticed the people summoning me for that bit have them all bunched up in the house, which is where the difficulty is. If they're not all in there it's a piece of piss.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

:haw:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

scamtank posted:

Man, it's like nothing has any kind of resistance against bludgeoning damage. Maybe this is From's way of saying "AND THIS IS WHY PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE AGES DIDN'T GENERALLY HACK AWAY AT BREASTPLATES WITH SWORDS".

Yeah, maces are kind of ridiculous for that reason. There's nothing strong against Strike damage.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
What do you guys think would give more utility in terms of spell casting, 50 FTH or 30 INT AND 30 FTH? The latter's more expensive in terms of souls but the extra weapon buffs, etc, seem like they'd serve me well in the long run than 'just' extremely powerful lightning.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Kimmalah posted:

If you level both faith and intelligence you can use hexes, which are some of the most powerful things I've run into as a caster. And late in the game, lightning miracles have been a lot more useful/damaging for me than sorcery (which 30 FTH is more than enough to get). You might also consider putting some into attunement so you can equip more spells/miracles/hexes at once - it will also slightly raise your agility too, which is very helpful. Basically leveling both INT/FTH will give you access to more stuff, so if you like variety that's probably the way to go.

Sounds like the Hex route will be the way to go then! I'm not too fussed about offensive stuff, but the utility things and weapon buffs would be getting a lot of use.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
gaaaaaah, I cannot upgrade to the Claymore, I just can't. It only has three attacks compared to the Bastard Sword's four attacks with 120 stamina - I MUST be able to attack three times and still be able to dodge, without having to stop and catch my breath. :argh:

Guessing the claymore's damage shits all over the bastard sword at higher upgrade levels though?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So I'm still a little confused about bonfire ascetics. If I burn one in, say, Huntsman Copse will that buff all bosses and mobs in the area or just ones up to the next bonfire? I can't figure out which one I'd need to use it on to respawn the Lords.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Walrus Pete posted:

It's the latter. The Lords are linked to the third bonfire in the Copse.

Ah cool, thank you. I thought it might be the case but thought I'd get it confirmed before blowing souls on the thing.

e; kitty kat looks smug as gently caress.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So I think I accidentally recreated the Lost Sinner by foregoing a shield and having a pyromancy flame in my offhand. :v:

How does her sword compare to the Pursuer's? I haven't killed her or unlocked Straid yet so I can't test either move set. Ideally I want something that mimics the wide swing and horizontal poke of a bastard sword.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Do enemies gain a poise bonus with summoned phantoms? I've noticed I can't stagger enemies when in Sunbro form.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If Bloodbro A invades Bloodbro B, but B kills A, will B still get a token of spite?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hosts are being such jerks at the moment. I keep being summoned to kill wraiths, then sent back to my own world. :mad:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well, now I can use headphones the Lost Bastile was loving terrifying in the Pharros room.

Why is there a scream, WHY IS THERE A SCREAM. :gonk:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Ciaphas posted:

I just remembered something I wanted to ask earlier in the thread. Someone said something about an anti-piracy thing in this game like the Deus Ex boat, but I can't find the post. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Apparently, the anti-piracy thing is a screamer that fills the screen with an undead face and promptly shuts down the game. I've heard absolutely nothing substantial about this though. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh sorry I didn't realize we weren't supposed to ask questions about Dark Souls in the Dark Souls thread. How about you stop fixating so much on my posting? I was just checking to see if anyone else was experiencing an issue, yeesh.

You're pretty much Chibisoma of the PC thread, dude.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, I wanna do a Dark version of the Sun Sword for my 'heretic' build but the reach I lose from ditching the Claymore is maddening.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I do like leading newbies to the safe spot in Nash's boss fight. Frantic COME HERE emotes as they run around wondering what the gently caress to do. :allears:

Also, I've shot way past a million soul memory due to the amount of co-op I've done and only have two Greater Souls. I should get my arse in gear, or just respect to a full 20 Mundane build. :getin:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Shieldless melee is so much fun. Will have to grab screenshots of my armour set later - she looks like a demented prisoner who snapped free of her bonds. :3:

Also, is there a reliable source for titanite chunks before the end game, and other than the Bellbro covenant? I've almost maxed the Sunbro loyalty so I can change, but still.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Cool, figured as such. Thanks guys. I'll get the last couple of sun medals and then go PVP.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

"Oh for gently caress's sake, would you assholes just let me grind in peace. :mad:"

Anyway, FASHION TALK:

This is my character's outfit. Grym gloves, Ironclad Helmet, Ironclad Boots and Prisoner tatters. I'm working on getting the Sinner's hand cuffs to look as if she recently broke out of her prison but...what other items might you guys suggest? I'm going for the batshit-heretic-who-went-nuts-and-killed-her-captors-without-taking-off-her-shackles thing. The boots I'm a bit weirded out by, as even though they suit the part of being huge and heavy, they seem a bit too neat.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So a guy was wearing full Havel's and using something that looked like a regular Greatsword...but he was doing 700 damage a hit. :stare:

Any clue what his deal was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Just over a million or so. I haven't seen anyone doing that much damage with normal weapon swings yet, so it kinda threw me off.