Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
If you don't care then fair enough but for shallow people like me it is disappointing, I want my pretend knight simulator to look pretty to aid my escape from my cruel impotent life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Casual here that played Ds1 as a knight and wore heavy armour and slow rolled everywhere, I intend to continue along the one true path. :colbert:

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Bought this as a pre-emptive victory present to myself for after my interview this morning. :darksouls:

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
I keep finding crappy wired 360 controllers, sending them back fresh out the packaging with the exact same right thumbstick fault - that the input cuts out if the stick is anywhere down left. I don't mind kb+m but I wanna kick back from the desk and act like I'm listening to other people in the room when I play. Anyone recommend a reliable place for a wired controller?

Game's uglier than I was expecting but I can't really complain about more Dark Souls. Even the crappy starter weapons looked cool all encased in quartz and fungus and poo poo. :toot:

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Just relaxed thinking the bastille was about done until I entered a watery chamber.

Am I meant to be able to figure out what the covenants are without reading online? I didn't join the one in Majula cause I dunno how it works.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

But he tells you exactly what it does...

The tree alcove thing? It just said enter covenant or offer something.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
I went back to the Lost Bastille just to check out the belfry luna area I missed. :stare: I was almost murdering the summoned players downstairs when the loving dwarf joined in as well.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
So which one of you is literally Shrek?

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

Krinkle posted:

I was on skype with someone who saw that summon sign at the forest of giants earlier tonight. Do you have a screenshot of the preview phantom?

I'm afraid not, I'd accidentally got locked into the Belfry while leaving a message and had little time to react when his naked form lumbered around the corner.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Is there another way to get the item if I don't let the scorpioness knock it down for me? It taunts my inner klepto.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
The Royal Rat Authority is going to die of old age before I can slay its fetid anus without going toxic from those little poo poo hounds. :f5:

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Is any weapon cool for upgrades? I've reverted back to the broadsword for now just to balance some weight with a greatshield and heavy armour.

I hate that royal rat.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

If you have pyro try lingering flame to trap them. Otherwise shoot 2 with arrows and try to dispatch the other two creatively and quickly.

I've swapped out to lighter stuff and try to wipe the dogs with a greatsword swing.

This boss is such a loving cum stain, it can go gently caress itself. :darksouls:

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
My encumbrance has gone like 1% over 70 where before my rat attempts it was just under with the exact same equipment, I can't think what's caused it.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Just as I only bothered to figure out how to backstab at Sen's Fortress in 1 (WOW THIS MAKES IT SO EASY) I have only just noticed how to actually light my torch at the Gutter in 2. :colbert:

e: Somebody tell me a sweet weapon to upgrade that's not an anime greatsword, I weep tears of strength and dex. I kind of like the estoc-y thrusty stamp-ya-feet swords but I dunno.

Captain Diarrhoea fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Apr 29, 2014

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Is it just me or do the giant dog things in the gutter have totally hosed attacks with the damage coming before the animation?

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
I wonder if coop feels so nice in DS because there's no chat box for people to ruin it with by talking? I'm going to start mentally projecting speech bubbles saying 'here stupid human being' over nice dudes beckoning me to a chest to see if it feels more familiar.

e; invaders war crying over my slain corpse look like they're devastated by what they've done

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
I pretty much explained all that with videogames

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
I've defeated the four big bosses but I'm missing the soul from the spider, am I meant to have one? I definitely didn't eat it, I've not touched any of the boss souls. The big spider before the man in the library.

Also I assume the 'symbol of the king' doors should open for me now, although I don't have anything in my inventory like that?

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
I'm at the black castle place after getting four super souls with enough weight bearing to carry my full vengarl, bastard sword and tower shield with a gyrm penis dome just under 70%. Should I keep pumping it for some super amazing heavy armour just round the corner or am I practically speaking around the mark for being an unfat cool knight dude?

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
I forgot to mention strength is I think 35 and everything else is ~20+ except faith and intelligence which are unscrupulous stats for suspicious people.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
I sometimes genuinely don't know if a summon before a boss is NPC or player, until it begins parading around me tossing Hello's in the air.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Just on the topic of cheapness and ambushes from the past few pages I'd like to chip in that I'm a bad and lazy player and I really haven't died very often up to where I am (just after the Mirror Knight). All of the ambushes can be observed by peeking and the 'fiddly' places that I normally hate like the Iron Keep and the Gutter were actually really short in hindsight.

I found Ds1 way harder and I think that's because you couldn't fast travel. :v:

e: I hope something cooler than Vengarl is round the corner it's ugly ew but I like the defense.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Vendrick's bodyguard is causing me way more hassle than he should. He's a straightforward block or avoid goon with some spell casting that is basically just free hits, but his mace occasionally nukes me outside of its swing. :(

e: It's cool I got that bitch.

Captain Diarrhoea fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 3, 2014

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Are the salamanders dives/tongue flicks meant to be unblockable? I only ask because some royal guards in the undead crypt were glitching attacks through the pursuers greatshield once. Also gently caress the rear end in a top hat that put one blocking any way round its head wall to wall. :argh:

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
The salamanders are a pretty big kill joy, guess I'd better go buy a shitloads of poison knives.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
So I have a really dumb question. How do I aim independently with a bow? (m+kb) There's a salamander I want to poison like 30 feet up a ramp, but I need to get close into lock on range to shoot at it.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

voltron lion force posted:

Two hand the bow and hit whatever your "guard" button is.

Thanks man, I dunno how I'd missed that. :eng99:

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Why are all these cool suits of steel plate worse than my turd stained rags and penis helmet. :(

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

Drakes posted:

Murdering 3 lords at once is perfectly cool if you're not in bizarro land where people ain't running around with 2-handers cleaving everything :colbert:.

I only learned through this thread that killing the lords spawned the skeles, as I just flailed a bastard sword through everything. :hf:

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Just found a dragon sage hood that makes my head look like a large glass eyeball. Goodbye dong helm. :colbert:

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Do people mean the Faraam armour when they say Drangleic?

e: Ooh no, looks cool tho.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Tell me I can get a giant mirror to go with the mirror knight set?

I've been stuck on a loading screen forever after being summoned quite a few times today.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
I'm about to go into NG+, what do you guys do with your characters from here? He's a beefcake with base int and faith, should I just continue on the path of smashy or is branching out into miracles and poo poo viable in +?

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
My will to sunbro is being sapped by every few summons causing a ten minute load then disconnect. :(

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Did I ever enjoy murdering looking glass squires the other day, while sunbroing dressed as the host's very own looking glass knight. :colbert: Gotcha back.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
So mundane infusion adds scaling based on your lowest attribute according to the wiki? I don't pay much attention to scaling other than Str should be close to A as possible, why would mundane be useful?

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

Hey guys a message is in front this wall and I can't open it also my soul level is only 40 and I'm fighting really tough people what gives also how do I get the items on the lava in Iron Keep also has anyone else not gotten many invasions yet also a bloo bloo Shrine of Amana requires me to do literally anything to adapt to it but I keep dying because I am too lazy/stupid to change my style this is a crime against video games.

If you were about to say any of things stop, and then kill yourself for good measure.

Crack open a window let your room breathe

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
It's weird how the voice acting is really good and understated but these crow things sound like shrill anime retards. Sympathies if you forgot about them until you had a whole stack of smooth & shinies to offer. They aren't even secret, everybody's going to hear them within ten mins of starting the game. :witch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Just got wiped in one hit blocking by a giant that was swinging at a royal soldier but spun round to hit the ground 90 degrees away from me. Patch your poo poo From what if that happened to one of your children. :colbert:

e: What the hell I tabbed back in and sprinted up to the wall (I'm just picking up the grand lance I missed) and was blown up by nothing at all. Judging from the damage it was the pyro giant's fireball, which he'd thrown at a dude miles away in the opposite direction. Whatever hit me was totally invisible. :shepface: Is there going to be any post-release support?

Captain Diarrhoea fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 8, 2014