Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Beat the Flexile Sentry and there's one in Bastille close to that entrance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
DS2 shields are valid and a nice saving strat when you’re having trouble with bosses like Fume.

Also the online seems still active, I coop with my partner a lot due to living on different continents and basically every session one or two folks will invade us. I even get hate mail out of it with people calling it ganking lol. Blue Sentinels also appear sometimes.
This is all on Soul Memory 50 million though.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
If you powerstance weapons, never look at a boss's healthbar again because DS2 for some reason only shows the last source of damage so it might look weaker on paper.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

the one right after the jester pyro has beasties breathing down my goddamn neck :stare:

As long as you don't stand up, you have all the time in the world to do your stuff there

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Nice Dig but it's led by the least rear end in a top hat king in the series.

I like it, too. It has a very DeS Boletaria feel to it, like it'd be one of the few locations in Souls that could actually be lived in. Shulva has extremely good aesthetics, but it also feels very... video game, in a way? Like I love templepunk but Shulva makes me feel like Indiana Jones

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Hope they were wearing the onion armor to fit the name

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

:stare: This feels... very vulnerable and exploitable

Having a nonstandard name on Steam, like using a non-latin alphabet (in my case georgian) causes an instant crash for anyone interacting with your character

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Banjodark posted:

well, that was an adventure.

100 arrows later and I'm pretty sure those fire lizards are the hardest thing I've fought in this game so far.

Shoot their bellies!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Iron Passage is the one with absolutely no good benefits at the end, but I maintain that the raw crystalline ore theme looks really cool

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I'd love that mask if its water effect was as strong as regular water, or if it didn't make my character shiny as hell

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
The Rotten is interesting thematically because he's an aberration of everything Nito stood for, despite holding his soul. He's an amalgamate of hollows, the despised creatures that cannot die, while Nito was the first of the dead, a status very much wanted when the curse of the undead was in a full swing.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Dark Souls 1 is comfort food.

Dark Souls 1 is coming back home and eating your mom's cooking, only to realize the years of living alone have honed your own cooking skills to a level higher than hers.

I don't need to respawn at the loving bonfire if I die as a summon, mom! :argh:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Scholar made it a lot worse after they decided the best way to improve the area was to just slam ctrl-V a million times on the alonne knights

This is true! Iron Keep is one of those areas that got just so much worse in SotFS (the million knights, them spotting you from across the map and doing the silly run, and the removal of the ember making it so exploration was pointless and you wasted your time). That said even the knights aren't really "overwhelming", since there never really is a spot when they attack you en masse instead of being a long chain of the same guy with no breaks inbetween.

Hbomb's video was really weird and backwards and it felt like a complicated psyop to make people hate DS2 more lmao.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

punk rebel ecks posted:

I have two questions:

#1 Where is Sir Allant?

In Demon's Souls :haw:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

And Tyler Too! posted:

So apparently company of champions makes the game harder for no real reason? I've been playing on hardmode apparently!

Back when the game released this exact same sentiment was basically posted daily on gamefaqs

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
You can ascetic him at the very least.

The actual worst item to get is the Heide Lance, because each heide knight can only drop one item. Meaning that if you get a piece of armor from the guy that drops the lance, it’s lost forever, because on higher bonfire intensities it gets replaced with a Greatlance.

Literally the only item my 100% savefile doesn’t have.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I had thousands of hours over years on it, both illusory rings and the ring of thorns +2, so i thought it'd be a good candidate, and then after making a big checklist I realized I got hosed over way back on release :(

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Bring a torch

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
You don’t actually need to kill Smelter, if you vent the giant furnace and go through it instead. You will miss out on a bonfire though.

He’s probably the toughest fucker in the base game.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
If you get summoned as a phantom you have a higher chance of the knights dropping souls

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Bogart posted:

It's a fun fight, but I can't imagine the foot traffic to the Ol' Chaos is that strong outside of the yearly community Return To Whatever events.

I once got summoned by a random person there while waiting for my boyfriend, at the highest SM tier while wearing a name-engraved ring. Not super strong evidence for lots of people playing it admittedly but still made me lol

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
If you’re doing non-SotFS then Heide is fiiine to go first

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Throw some alluring skulls!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I personally think the Gutter has a lot more personality if you remember that the hole in Majula was straight up a Hollow Disposal Chute. It looks way more lived in (do people just sit in poison in Blighttown?), and its vertical structure evokes a feeling that the poor dudes dropped in there survived and while certainly not thrived, they remembered enough to want to build a structure that reaches up to the light again. A shambling mess of a structure, with no coordination on the matter, but that just makes it more organic

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I always assumed the Giant’s Kinship is something similar to the Dark Soul: both the essence of being, shared by every giant and also a real, semi-physical thing extracted through slaughter and cruelty. It also seems to be inexorably linked to the Throne of Want, in the same way humans’ shared dark soul is connected to the first flame.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Chalupa Joe posted:

Fume knight and Sir Alonne made me realise that 2 just isn't a fun souls experience and go back to Bloodborne/DS1/DS3.

Is that an example of „ironyposting”?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
So what’s the deal with the supersonic hollow in Huntsman’s Copse anyway?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

King of Solomon posted:

Waifu leveling is also in Demon's Souls.

also dark souls 3 and bloodborne

Dark Souls 1 tried a lot of one-off things but they were mostly pointless or bad

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

if that's edgy that explains why your posts are so cut-rate haha

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
The balms are wild because apart from the strength one there’s literally only five of each in the entire game. What the gently caress lol. At least the brightbugs are so insanely OP that it makes sense to be limited. (There’s 26 of them btw. 18 from Melentia!)

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

drunken officeparty posted:

I didn’t even realize the demon killing stakes were consumables and not just one. I’ve run around and exploded all of them except there’s one around the boss fights igloo that I don’t have one for. And apparently I don’t get another until after the boss fight??

Lmfao

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I kinda like the Frozen Outskirts because I feel like Dark Souls might get a kick out of more open and less tunnel-y areas

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Happy Hedonist posted:

Get the agape ring ASAP you fools!

do you think it’s pronounced like the greek version of love, or „a gape”

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Oscar Wild posted:

Curious why you leveled dex to 45. Isn't the softcap 40 for str and dex?

I will never keep all the soulsbourne systems in my head.

Check out the requirements for the smelter hammer powerstance, gonna blow ur mind

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Sir Tonk posted:

do they have a dark mode yet? I can't handle that white background.

And yet you post on SA. Curious!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
it makes like 1/3rd of weapons and armor actually available for a normal human player instead of putting them in endgame (weapons) or as a 1% drop from a red phantom only respawnable with ascetics

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
yeah the new Iron Keep loving sucks lol. The changed Aldia’s Keep is really cool though and has a great vibe of a secret magical experiment mansion!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Is it? You get a key laying around and go to the big glowing fountains that you’re guaranteed to see over a normal playthrough

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Djeser posted:

DS2, befitting its development history, is more like a weird offshoot of DS1

ya that’s what sequels tend to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Also unlike the other DLC, he’s almost certain to be the first boss you fight, being posed as the Aava/Elana to the Real Boss.