Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Zaphod42 posted:

You can burn bonfire ascetics in order to avoid pvp, but it wears off after awhile so if you really never want to ever then just go to offline mode.

I know you just mistyped here, but it's the human effigy you burn to avoid online play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Foxhound posted:

My best bet is that the series is just aging and the devs have a hard time coming up with new and imaginative encounters that aren't completely out of left field like the chariot.

I think that's my feel for it too. Add in the fact that they included so many bosses in this one, and you can easily get a seen it all before feeling.
Though if they could just ditch the idea of bosses like Prowling Magus and Congregation, that would be great.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

keyframe posted:

What exactly is the use of Ring of the Dead?

A niche use, but if you are summoning people for pvp while hollow, you risk getting Soul Appeased if they know you are hollow.

Mind you, you could just dodge the fairly obvious spell. I died to it the first time thinking it was a heal, and rushing into the AoE.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 09:21 on May 11, 2014

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Fereydun posted:

That sword is a right bastard on the bridge, since the triple shot it does is practically unrollable on it. Especially with lag!

Really? I haven't found it so much a problem to deal with. I see that sword and I switch to having Sunlight Spear on the ready to cast. I'll gladly trade with that effect all day with lightning.

Maybe I'm just fighting against poor players, but the effect doesn't seem to do that much damage. Knockdown is nice I suppose.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 10:38 on May 11, 2014

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Fereydun posted:

Sunlight Spear is way slower than the special effect swing- the trick isn't to only use it, but rather to plink 'em down with the sword's pretty good hitbox/damage and then just finish them off with an near impossible to dodge blast.

Also if you hit 'em close enough with it as an opener you basically win for free because off knockdowns you can cast heavenly thunder or firestorm and they can't escape.

I apologize, it was Emit Force that I was using, but I think I might have just been facing people bad with it. They made it way more obvious they were prepping for it than you make it sound here.

I might pick up that weapon and give it a shot myself.