Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Just now found out about that VCR, and it kind of sucks some people I know follow him. Because he sounds like a "Kill Barney" dork but has moved onto the late 80s/90s of "if you are gay, i hope you die from AIDS" kind of humor, that is personally offensive to me.

If you don't like Kenny, sure, but it sounds like the guy who wants to be just like all the reactionary dipshits on youtube whenever there is a woman-lead superhero movie or whenever somebody points out something they liked might actually have problem areas towards how it represents certain groups.

I saw Kenny as more of a "Nerd Wrestler" like Chuck Taylor when he was billed from Racoon City and had Hey Sandy as the theme.

But his empathy and the way he tries to bring emotion into anything, is something that I felt is missing from what amounts to "big fat dude in diaper punches a muscle boy in jorts".

I haven't watched much of the WWE Product for a few years, so seeing Kenny's work at NJPW was a breath of fresh air (Sorry for the long delay, goon pals) .

I too, reported these tweets, but knowing twitter, they won't do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

^^^ can bryan and tom give "geek of the week" to journalists?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Can't spell "bisexual" without "imposter syndrome!"

I came out as bi on something awful in 2010/2011 i believe, and it was still a weird time for me. I still don't "act" that certain way, i kind of look like just about every dorky tall skinny wrestle goon you know. but i appreciate all the wrestle friends here, it makes me feel somewhat like i belong here outside of the hellscape of twitter.

And as for kenny - i always thought he was bi/pan but he doesn't want to bring it up because then it becomes a character trope, and most likely is too focused on wrestling matches and most likely an "imposter syndrome" of feeling like he isn't "the best wrestler".

if he is, or isn't, doesn't matter to me, but i think it feels great knowing the dude that went to the tokyo dome doing a terminator gimmick better than trips is "like one of us".

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Who the heck is Brad Shepherd, anyways :confused:

Let's put it to you this way - you know that kid that would ask the teacher for "more homework", now imagine that kid, but growing up to be a reply guy on twitter but only to professional wrestling, and based on the interactions he has, thinks they are "scoops" for a wrestling blog that doesn't know if it wants to be "aint it cool news" where you post "new outfit for wrestler" or a TMZ where "is lana actually breaking up?!??"

essentially, anybody can fart out the same incorrect "scoops" as he does, and has become somewhat of a laughing stock among just about everybody.

He's the My Uncle Who Works At Nintendo of wrestling news.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

super macho dude posted:

I was going to say Hogan Era TNA was the worst but in retrospect it's still better than what's being shitted out on WWE programming.

Even Hogan-Era TNA and Bischoff TNA had some level of logic in it's booking and were able to still have a somewhat decent X-Division in between the Tarantula matches and reverse battle royals.

Imagine seeing Feast or Fired matches and being told "THIS IS THE HALLMARK OF SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT" - that's going to be any Money in the Bank or TLC match or most likely the lackluster Royal Rumble.

I really can't watch WWE anymore, and I am fearful of watching NXT because you have this moment where you are seeing "the new toys" and then go "oh no, they are gonna be chewed up and fed to DA BIG DAWG"

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Kenny was never on Survivor, so I guess that is something to wave over his face, I guess?

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Golden Lovers a good tag team, Kenny is sweet. And I heard he likes "video games".

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Holy poo poo Lovin' Nick Lovin!

Does he still have the bulldog as the finisher?

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

I like the ones thinking of Dave as the Star Ratings guy and not this guy who has papers on his desk about the last time each promotion has had a tag team betrayal and every winner of every battle royal on standby.

Somebody has to be the one saying "please stop comparing things to WCW"

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

What I do is simply take a chair and hit them with it. They might have won the fight, but I'm still the champion

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

I hope this is bait,. It's reddit so it could be squared circlejerk, but, my brain is just telling me this is real, there is just so many WWE diehards online that will "stand up for WWE" even if there is a criminal offense.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Haven’t seen ya post in years

I missed you, friend. ♥️

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

personally, I would just go to wrestling school and make a better gimmick with a stupid name like CHUCK WAGON or DUNCAN CHINO

you'll be way over than the clown and the sign guy

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Two Beans posted:

Even more dire:

Spending your life doing movie reviews or something with a puppet (if his username is any indication of what his content used to be), getting no traction doing that. THEN making Tony Khan parody songs with a puppet once you realize there's a grift for it and still getting no traction.

Doug Walker, please collect your underling...

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Benne posted:

I like this because "guy with a puppet bitching about wrestling" is exactly the kind of gimmick that would've been on 2010-era Channel Awesome

Brian Zane dodged a bullet!

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Al Snow? From the Wrestling Doc on Netflix? NO WAY

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

My take is Struggle Session was a really fun podcast.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Eric was fine collecting an AEW paycheck doing that Orange Cassidy debate skit, what changed?

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

So the puppeteer is just going to hold his arm up to prop the Mr. Floppy from Unhappily Ever After into a webcam for the zoom call "podcast" for the hour?

why not just get on camera at this point, if we're just getting lazy.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Bring back squash matches and have the person going over be the most boring wrestlers on the roster.

"It's good actually" ~ StandUpForWWE2009

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Creative has nothing for you, buddy. Hope you're doing okay, drink plenty of water and get some sleep.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

He could've just ran a niche disco nightclub in Orlando and made bank, but I think going after Meltzer because he never drew is certainly a choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

my gimmick is a shirt that says TelevisedInsanity 3:16 please nobody wear this on a T-shirt, that's mine.

Also, my stable, Pancake Club, looks very edgy, but I'm sure it will sell like hot cakes (get it? Get it?)

Also, working on Nice Wrestling Only, shirts, my stable of really nice people, no mean people around!

Nobody can take these, especially in indies.