Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Benne posted:

People have blamed him for the Ricky Starks injury and then point to, like, a couple of stiff lariats to prove that Page is dangerous and sloppy. Never mind that Ricky was supposed to flip out of the German (we know this because the announcers put that over even when he obviously didn't), so it wasn't really Page's fault, and there's clearly no heat from Ricky or the company over it.

I also like the claim that AEW wrestlers are "afraid of speaking out" when the whole locker room poo poo all over Ivelisse for sandbagging Thunder.

Rovert also completely handwaved a horrific bump Jeff Hardy took on steel steps and when I said he'd been held out of shows and it was likely a concussion (later confirmed by Matt), he kept saying it was fine. Even after AAW replaced Jeff with Chris Hero (resulting in Matt saying "Brother Hero, AH KNEW YEWD COME!", which popped me huge)

Guy sees what he wants to see, then reports it as fact. There's a reason he's no longer welcome.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Vandar posted:

How long before he comes back and posts on the new board, I wonder?

gently caress, that didn't even occur to me.

Hope he doesn't gently caress things up with his shittery. I don't post there but his ability to ruin drat near anything is fierce.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Also, the nickname refers to him having a huge cack

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rarity posted:

If you had the scoops you'd know he just did that for Twitter clout with woke youths :rolleyes:

I feel like there were a few times where rovert acted weird when wrestlers would express anything like left wing views

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MJeff posted:

I very vaguely alluded to this, but ACH called out the racism inherent in WWE and rovert said he was mentally unstable.

This ain't complicated. He's exactly what he seems to be.

Yeah, I remember that.

What a schmuck.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pylons posted:

Hahaha I was just coming here to post that. Admittedly I don't know how off-base this is but it feels like something you shouldn't be this adamant about.

Pretty sure Stardom predates her as a wrestler

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

mooseinfants posted:

Steph is a great character until she decides to bury everyone else in the segment and never take any comeuppance for it

Most of the problem is her being a McMahon, but another problem in this situation that often WWE's idea of comeuppance is taking somebody's move.

Personally I'd rather not see her take the YES!lock.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

I don't remember this happening, but they had Big Show trick the fans into wishing Daniel Bryan a speedy recovery with YES! chants during a commercial break so they could use it for the WWE NETWORK ONLY $9.99! and tried to give it to both Big Show and Stephanie to prove that Daniel Bryan was only "Chant over"

Oh, I remember it well.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

Chant over? Isn't that still being over? I hope the experiment failed on them.

He ended up main eventing WM and winning the world title

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

I was hoping that Big Show and Steph didn't get over with the Yes Chants.

Oh that. They bailed on that eventually.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Just say Joey is in better shape than Bobby Eaton ever was.

Let's not poo poo on Bobby, he's p.cool

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

First goddamned reply

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Congrats to Sean Carlucci for finally doing numbers on a tweet.

https://twitter.com/SeanCarlucci/status/1406598928137605122

Quality reply

https://mobile.twitter.com/Team_Cline/status/1406629653297651717

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

This guy is just so angry at the idea of wrestling fans.

https://twitter.com/robschamberger/status/1406760781643976706

People DID complain, though, on places like RSPW. He just wasn't aware of it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Also, crowds like Marko

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cavauro posted:

he's too small for a job like that. people aren't allowed to have a job unless they're the same size as what you'r esupposed to be. i am a groundwater engineer but if i gain 20lbs and 1 inch of height i could go into my true passion of protein synthesis

But if you grew 2 inches and 13 lbs, you could be mitochondria....the powerhouse of the cell.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Elevating Big E: good
Doing it in the dumbest way possible: Bad

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

mactheknife posted:

Vegas just won the fuckin Stanley Cup what the gently caress

No they didn't. Made it to the finals in their 1st year, lost in the conference finals this season. Never won the cup.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

The idea of reducing Moxley or Brodie's pre WWE "indy" careers to "a few one offs" really seems illuminating in how much WWE fans rally think that compony has a monopoly on serial storytelling or how little they understand the wrestling world beyond the WWE.

Someone show them the clip of Mox having an electric hacksaw taken to his head.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

CM Punk at Money in the Bank is a massive pop, Stone Cold the night Mankind won the title the first time. There's so many god-pops in wrestling and it's gross that WWE managed to piss away an entire industry out of spite and malice while still making more money than they did in the Monday Night Wars era with a literal tenth of the audience

The Austin one is my bar for judging pops, that crowd loving lost it, the timing was impeccable, too.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Rank the Kobashi god pops - Retirement, Comeback from Cancer and New York vs Joe

Kobashi vs Joe was the loudest I'd heard an indy crowd get...until Super Dragon saved Kevin Steen.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

edogawa rando posted:

I liked that time he yelled at Enzo and called him a loving idiot, while also singing the praises of PAC.

Probably the last WWE segment I liked. Unless Joe absolutely maiming Roman on the mic after Roman lost to Brock again came afterwards, then it's that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Madden was pretty anti-AEW, then went to the two August shows in Pittsburgh and seemed super happy to be getting attention and media guests, was briefly pro AEW, and then went back to his tired talking points.

Is the assumption that he was fishing for a job and didn't get one, because that's my read