Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Job enough and you cycle right around to championship material. Dues paid in full, brother.

Also lol @ 'pop a rating'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Yes, the rabid kneejerk defense of it was truly actually because Eric Young was so beloved and has the power of the EY movement and not because TNA did a thing and therefore it has to be a good idea SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPYOUFUCKINGWWELOVINGSMARKS.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

His father dying, yes, but a honeymoon isn't really unforeseen. It actually isn't really a good idea for a major star to get married on Mania week, but it's not like I'm going to criticize him for that.

To be fair at the time he picked the date he wasn't exactly expecting to be main eventing.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Aj is no longer in TNA, therefore TNA was correct to let him go, therefore AJ is really bad. It makes perfect sense

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

TNAsylum on why it isn't so bad if Spike cancels TNA!

We Just Need the TNA network.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I do like that the TNA fan hivemind only decided Hogan was a blight on their product after he walked out on them and not during the 2-3 years of his run there

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Shine posted:

The latter being killed in like two hits from the former's weapon :allears:.

Impossible, you cannot defeat airman!

http://youtu.be/opADNvgeZYY

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

rovert posted:

Fans on TNAInsider duped by this:
AMC has signed a 2-year agreement to broadcast "TNA iMPACT!" , which currently broadcast on Spike TV.

The agreement, which runs through the 2016 , also gives TNA Wrestling other
live content.Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but the
SportsBusiness Journal reported that AMC will pay as much as 50 percent
more thin Spike TV were paying.

Haha wow the grammar and spelling here are just awful. And $500k is like an order of magnitude off what a tv deal should be

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Holy poo poo it just keeps on going

:magical:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

They genuinely think Destination America is an improvement over Spike

Even though Spike's available in twice as much homes, and absolutely paid TNA more

You'll see how wrong you are now TNA is finally on a network willing to promote them.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Look forward to the TNA/Sex Sent Me To The ER crossover

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

The amount of blind optimism to be seriously considering the long term implications of a future Jarrett dominated wrestling industry is breathtaking.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Russo would never come back after all that deplorable man on woman violence TNA partook in.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Nom De Plume naming his fictional people Janice and Bob is either terrible or incredible, I don't know which. Did Abyss name any of his weapons Tom?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I'm 50/50 on him being Oatgan

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

all that lucrative 10am advertising money they're depriving themselves of just to promote TNA. Such dedication.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

In fairness EC3 is doing better in TNA than in WWE but when you basically never left developmental that's a real low bar to clear

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

At the time he 100% guaranteed a Reigns win, that win was a forgone conclusion, and only after was there talk of plans changing to make the previously ruled-out triple threat a possibility. Clearly plans changed again since then, but at no point did Metsfan make any sort of bold prediction that would require anything other than just thinkin what the likely outcome would be. So yeah, that people are taking this as proof of anything is hilarious.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Great White Hope posted:

Paul Heyman should not manage anyone other than Brock unless A) Brock retires, or B) Heyman turns on Brock. In any other situation Heyman being around is just a reminder that whoever he's managing is not Brock.

Yeah this is correct. CM Punk also made being a non-brock Heyman guy work but clearly that's not going to be an issue anymore.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Mets fan is a treasure

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

It's a work.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

The amount of hate TNAMecca has for Dave's dry reporting of the facts is just adorable. Reality has an anti-TNA bias!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

You could probably do something with the Angle/Hardy/Sting/Joe footage for DVD/network purposes once TNA is dead and the first 2 come back for legends deals. And it's not like anyone else is going to bid for it so it'll be cheap.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Apart from the 'meltzer is banned' stuff, those honestly would be mostly positive changes to that site. So, of course, I hope they don't stick to them.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Is the spoiler free train the same one that ran over Mickie James?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Stop Lying Dave!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I was gonna be pissed you made me read that but then the last few paragraphs happend :magical:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's really loving weird to me that of the entire cavalcade of ineptitude that has defined TNA over the years and especially in 2015, this is the thing that drove Chris Regal over the edge.

And it would be so easy for them to just blame it all on Hernandez too, I guess it was just one too many gaffes

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

All this talk reminding me of when TNA decided to put little heel AJ Styles vs. big monster babyface Abyss and it was such a stupid dynamic.

I take it you're looking forward to Kane/Rollins

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I've read this twice and I don't know whether to be more confused about why every wrestler needs to have their 'got over in' year attached, or over what the hell 50/50 means

E: Ok guessed it was from f4w, read the full article and I guess 50/50 means midcarder, but doesn't make it any less weird. Where do you go to complain about this guy

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 21, 2015

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

What's the context for this?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

It's also been pretty well established that most of the boundary-pushing attitude era was a product of neccessity and not really Vince's comfort zone or intended direction for the company, which was much more along the lines of the early 90s gimmicky and kid-friendly show.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Well, ideally to get WWE fans into MMA, but Ronda seems to have no trouble being a massive draw by herself at this point so there's less need for that sort of cross promotion than there might have been when the WM31 spot was agreed to.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Defending the WHC on tv every week would be a really dumb idea and devalue both the belt and the PPVs imo.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Tato posted:

I love Mecca. So, TNA is either broke as poo poo and about to go under while lying their asses off, or have more money that they did on Spike but don't pay their employees or production people. Either scenario, they are an awful promotion, yet there imbeciles support them.

The firing of longtime employees is just a work and the late pay rumours are all spread by haters and bitter former employees, actually.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Sadly no event is perfect there are going to be flaws I mean this is wrestling not anime

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

The heel lockerroom obviously banded together to squash that idea.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I don't think they deliberately try to overdo it, but with how charlotte's ended up having three 'last' matches in like 2 months due to plans changing, it does come off a little like they do it all the time.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Testekill posted:

Talk about a lovely opinion, the chocolate drop is the greatest thing that story designer ever created.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIOrMtQM834

It's that or ghost problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Starting an ironman divas match starring Nikki Bella at 11pm after a 3 hour RAW + superstars taping would at least be an interesting experiment into how dead you can kill a crowd