Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

MassRafTer posted:

It seems unfair to pick on such a legendarily bad account but this joke is just so poorly written and then the #kayfabe at the end is the chef's kiss. It stinks!

https://twitter.com/WWECreative_ish/status/1443765942207590406

Oh man, I didn't even know that account was still around. Have they continued to be Dolph Ziggler's last remaining fan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Benne posted:

2016 Smackdown has aged real bad once you remember how much of it was built around James Ellsworth

The eternal cycle of WWE: it's funny the first time, then it has all possible enjoyment extracted from it and ground into a rough, dry powder, and then the guy turns out to be a sex criminal.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

edogawa rando posted:

There was that Pie, uh, thing he did about 20 years ago, but that poo poo was barely even music, let alone fit for listening.

He also featured in "It Doesn't Matter" by Wyclef Jean, which wasn't fantastic either, but it was better than "Pie," at least.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i can't believe that vcr, jim cornette fans, scjerk, and a sex pest all teamed up!!

It really is impressive how committed they are to being the worst circlejerk sub, a genre of subreddit that is tailor-made to be completely loving terrible. They've been committed to it long before AEW even existed.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
His tweets read like my notes when I stayed up too late in school.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

The only singles opponent I want to see either Uso going over is alcoholism.

(Help is available, you can do it, guys).

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

D.N. Nation posted:

Their hugest money matches in the history of money matches, Reigns/Cena and Reigns/Lesnar, have been...........fine. They're fine. I watched them once, and I don't need to watch them again.

I dunno man, I'd figure the tribal chief of the entire wrestling industry would have a product I'd be excited to see over and over again?

"3.75-Star Bout Machine" doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
whataboutism intensifies

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

I think we've found it. We've found THE take. This is the Take you find at the top of Mount Take after defeating the Take Monster in the cave beneath the summit. We are witnesses to the final victory of the rear end over the brain.

Pack it in, close the thread, behead it and chuck it in a mass grave after torturing a confession out of it, it's over.

maruhkati fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 24, 2021

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

See, sometimes I think about quitting this thread, but this is the poo poo that keeps me coming back.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

pop culture was never good, adorno was right

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

TV Zombie posted:

I hope jobber nation apologized after being wrong

lol, nope

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1458207641461612547

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

fez_machine posted:

Nobody botched a bigger lay up than Brian Cage, AEW gave him everything you need to succeed in the promotion and he failed to convert.

Joey Janela is the only person on the male roster who I think AEW should be doing more with what he's giving them.

The fact that nobody remembers that Brian Cage has been in the main event scene already speaks volumes for how big an impression he leaves with audiences.

poo poo, I don't even think he cracks my Top 10 favorite guys from Lucha Underground.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Tonight's Rampage recap indicates that CSS's recapper thinks the main takeaway from Eddie Kingston's matches against Bryan Danielson and CM Punk is that they were both 100% right and that he's fat and lazy and needs to learn how to work hard, and as such he was disappointed and confused that he didn't lose.

So it's not surprising they had this take, too. (IIRC they also thought that the Nightmare Collective poo poo was good).

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
The eternal Reddit mentality of "This sub is just a big circlejerk! I'm gonna make my own circlejerk to complain about it!" is what will forever make it the lamest thing on the internet.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Experiencing an AEW crowd is wilder than getting stabbed to death in a shower in San Juan! Watch Rampage on TNT after basketball this Friday!

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Lid posted:

I say this as a diagnosed autistic.

Tony Khan is autistic as gently caress and it rules.

I say this as a diagnostic autistic who has loved ones who have used amphetamines.

Tony Khan is autistic as gently caress and also definitely taking some kind of uppers.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Venomous posted:

They released Tom Phillips??? Christ almighty, dude was by far the Fed's best play-by-play announcer. Genuinely good for him that he's landed on his feet.

Replacing Matt Striker with literally anyone (except for maybe that guy who did Heroes of Wrestling) would be a step up. Replacing him with someone who was able to be noticeably good at calling wrestling even with Vince screaming in his ear is legitimately the biggest W Impact has taken in years.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

jackofarcades posted:

the aew ranking system is dogshit but a good version of it would be cool

It's dumb as balls, but still extremely good because it means there's a number in parentheses after every wrestler's name that means you absolutely can't get away with not protecting the wrestlers you intend to push.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Gaz-L posted:

...Does she think that Garcia being 'technically' wrong makes him look bad here?

This is somehow worse than if she did actually only have one viewer.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Which indie star's WWE name was Glowy Puck again?

Pretty sure Jericho worked some Canadian WCW house shows with that gimmick in '97.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
What other "scoops" has this dude had before?

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
sir, SIR, are you aware that FORGERY is a CRIME

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

rotinaj posted:

I think i saw mark time wrestle at an indy show once

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Imagine watching the aftermath of this entire incident unfold and thinking "Yes, the Elite are the ones who are being petty and unreasonable here."

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Bray Wyatt is quite good at coming up with gimmicks. Maybe one of the best of all time. Man has been able to hype himself up multiple times after moments that should have ended his career.

He is, unfortunately, quite bad at pretty much every other aspect of professional wrestling. Hence why he's needed to reinvent himself so many times.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
The fanposts at Cageside Seats can occasionally yield some true gold.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

post hole digger posted:

i go to css to read their rumor round up thing most days and man that m gomez guy sucks so bad. everything he writes is like that.

Honestly, most of their actual articles are dogshit.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Would the Bloodline work as the libretto for an opera in the Italian verismo style?

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

A Fancy Hat posted:

I like how the Elite are either idiot moron doofuses or brilliant long term strategists depending on who they’re interacting with.

They’ve been carefully planning to fleece Tony Khan for YEARS and have built up an inner circle of wrestlers and non-wrestlers but also they’re dumb bozo jerks who offended CM Punk with their childlike antics.

Absolutely none of them have been able to come up with a unified theory of This Is All the Elite's Fault that is even internally consistent, much less consistent with all the other ones.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Defiance Industries posted:

Cena was right not to put him over.

The fact that WWE had a good long look at Gable Steveson and said "No, I don't think we can afford to have this guy go over BARON CORBIN" is all the evidence you need that he just doesn't loving have it at all.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cant even get 100 subs :sad:

I have more than twice as many subs as that, and I have a hobby channel of low-effort Let's Plays of Paradox games, with gaps of a year or more between some of them.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Cageside Seats providing the kind of hard-hitting journalism we expect from SB Nation fam blogs.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2024/3/15/24101919/wwe-outbid-will-ospreay-charisma-report-injury-history-aew-njpw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

SatoshiMiwa posted:

As someone who actually enjoyed Tama's single matches over the last few years in New Japan....This is still crazy lol

Are they still saying Beepie was a huge coup or have they stopped caring?

Has he even debuted?

maruhkati fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 15, 2024