Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

to be fair there is almost nothing that wouldn't kill lucha underground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

these people need to get laid

by like, anyone. get a personality, move out of your small town, come out if that's what's holding you back, make a human connection even if its just for one night just loving gently caress you losers, you are legitimately making the world a worse place

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Yardbomb posted:

Unfortunately it doesn't help these people, somehow it makes them even worse often enough.

true, it generally just ends up in a weird obsession

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

but if you work though that weird obsession and grow as a person and...

ah who the gently caress am, i kidding

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

he loves to save fanfiction people write of him having sex with his female coworkers.

the gently caress?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

Writing a fanfic about how TJP tried to do a run in on the Kane/Bran/Lesner match and got more than he bargained for.

I'd save this for later reading

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

Remember how much better it was when wrestlers did hard drugs (instead of playing video games like weenies) and were ALPHA AS gently caress!!!!!! :black101:

This guy seems to think we should go back to those days.

Also...FEMINISTS ARE RUINING IT!!!!!!

No but seriously, aren't a lot of the old guard wrestlers happy for the current locker room? Video games keep a lot of them out of drugs/trouble, as an example.

there's no way this dude doesn't have exactly 0 friends and is either embittered from alienation that let to him having no time for friends, is a toxic rear end in a top hat who doesn't understand why people hate him, or both

I'm guessing option 3 even if I am a little disappointed the locker room doesn't play video games and do drugs

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Also no way with him not being an rear end in a top hat atheist or the worst type of "Christian" conservative if he's mad they don't form cliques to protect themselves and are actually friends

this is legitimately The Worst Person and everything wrong with the world in wrestling opinion form

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

This place loved Ziggler for awhile.

I never got it.

Similar vibes of 2010 Miz with latching onto what little there was to grab a hold of. The fact he keeps rearing his head in the "300 people in catering area just to make sure nobody else can use them" era it just becomes even more obnoxious.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

coconono posted:

Undertaker is a cop kisser

He should come out to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEUptYPthE

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

Yeah they brought Brock back and jobbed him out immediately because Vince needed to remind him whose the boss

And then proceeded to give him everything he ever asked for

You forgot Triple H trying to get sympathy and then a win against Brock at Wrestlemania.

The "you tapped out" chants to Trips is almost as good as the Cena squash and way funnier

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Surprised Summerslam didn't win, thought everyone loved EGG

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

https://twitter.com/V1_OSW/status/1500860744044367877?t=L1uRu55S9Y1iHCKFFBH1zA&s=19

Because they didn't just give Britt 10 minutes to meander about he PWI trophies

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Mrenda posted:

I will say something that could have really improved the Punk/MJF match was better lighting. The even lighting made it easy for TV recording but some proper mood lighting to make it feel really claustrophobic and drown out everything else would have been amazing.

And I know it's a bit cliched to compare wrestling to shakespeare (as shakespeare was in the day, being a mass-appeal with pointed storylines thing, and with high over the top drama) but 90% of the people who go to a shakespeare production who haven't studied the play or playwright beforehand would be lucky to get a third of what's going on. The ability for people to pick stuff up via context is absolutely dead these days. If wrestling can't drag people into its context god help anything that involves a bit of critical thinking, like politics or the news. Oh wait!

I said to my Da I had just started watching wrestling the other day. For once it was a thing I'm doing that he didn't immediately poo poo on. He started on about a weird respect for the performances and athleticism , and how lowbrow entertainment done with style and care can often deal with issues and storylines better than most things.

I guess he grew up in a time when British wrestling was a big thing and he caught a whiff of it in Ireland.

source your quotes

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

To bring up the old conversation about wresting Fandom caring about capital B Buisiness

xbilkis posted:

I think it’s way more pervasive (and more annoying) in wrestling for a few reasons:

-Many wresting fans seem to live in a state of paranoia about the medium ceasing to exist (which I guess is understandable to a certain extent, given WWE monopolization over the past 20+ years)

I've been thinking about this all day. We've lost so much in the US since 2001(on a major promotion level) that a lot about Number posting and such is just a reminder that AEW isn't going to randomly die to the US monopoly and there actually is a major wrestling product again.

Even on the regional and non-TV front, NXT was trying to destroy and homogenize the indies. Thank god they lost

I don't know, I feel the paranoia in this case is understandable

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Mar 9, 2022

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Drakkel posted:

This person 100% thinks they're "playing a Heel Character" by just saying stupid and racist poo poo at people on Twitter

Read their Twitter replies, this guy is way more about being a Jehova's Witness than being a Vince stan. And he's bringing that same cult fire to both

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Mrenda posted:

Dunno what you have an issue with there but I've been watching a week (after only watching wrestling when I was a young child.) If my takes don't align with yours it's probably because I'm not deep in the lore. No need to be a goon.

I'm mostly joking because that was the first time I heard someone suggest theater lighting and you seem extremely British

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Nothing against the British, by the way

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

"Daddy Magic" Matt Minard and "Cool Hand Ange" Angelo Parker, and, I don't know, Speedball Mike Bailey

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 19, 2022

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

gently caress, it's too early. He's in the top 10

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Rarity posted:

Oh Trish should definitely be in there

Goddammit, Canada!

Long story short even if there was a point Edge was in that top ten he's long since pissed that away.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Kenny has done more than enough to be in that conversation. Still, Canada having 3 of the GOATs with Hart, Jericho, and Omega is one hell of a conversation to have.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

One look at almost anywhere but WWE would show the problem is just the WWE style being insanely boring and knee destroying, but the nazi sympathizer boot licker is just going to pine for the era where they were worked to die quicker.

Shibata, on the other hand understands wrestling and why it needs to look violent!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Undertaker: *Darby Allen shows up* why isn't this kid in a suit? Seems disrespectful to the boss. Kids these days don't know how to work and keep kayfabe

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

It was two VHS tapes

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

It's always moral to make fun of the ruling class

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

if there's one thing sports type stuff shouldn't do it's say who's gonna be appearing, I want the superbowl to be a surprise dammit!!

Literally the only thing that has any heat in WWE is all the Cody teasing, so that's definitely what you should do for Sports Entertainment which is a thing completely unrelated to sports

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MiSu is such a weird take to have as an AEW guy when they could be having the same bad faith takes with FTR since they're on the actual roster.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's literally no more complicated than "AEW=Bad" for those people; if Tony Khan did it, then it's the worst decision possible, no further contemplation is necessary

I know, but I feel like I could write their bad takes better than them to seem legitimate.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

cagliostr0 posted:

I think most aew fans had already turned on Cody before it became public he was leaving.

Most turned on him when he was still in AEW

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

There's lots of things going on in this world

*gets murdered*

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Do you want your Howie Wowie though?

Dying for the Easter Fiend

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Is Mark Madden the one who suddenly got super anti-AEW when he was at a show getting attention to himself and nobody gave a poo poo or knew who he was?

Edit: Holy poo poo, that is some A+ level awful posting

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

edogawa rando posted:

You shouldn't sign your posts.

I'm B+ at best

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Madden was pretty anti-AEW, then went to the two August shows in Pittsburgh and seemed super happy to be getting attention and media guests, was briefly pro AEW, and then went back to his tired talking points.

Oh okay. I remember hearing someone did that but can't remember who

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cavauro posted:

i think something should be done about people trolling on twitter and then posting it here as a means of stimulation. it's practically importing off-site drama, which is a serious offense. beyond that, as you can see a few posts above, the trolling often catches real goons who paid their $10 to be respected.

Counterpoint: it's really loving funny

Edit: For example I'm not sure this is a troll, but its funny either way

https://twitter.com/BenjaminPaul/status/1512645042829156353?t=aQOLP_-0tZZD_dGrlhyfag&s=19

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 9, 2022

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I was talking about the UFC tweet I know @mongo_ebooks is always completely legitimate about their posting.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Oops double post

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

It's only good if you bleed hardware by repeated elbows to the head by Brock Lesnar. That's totally safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

We're WCW diehards like this in the year 2000?