Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I definitely spoke too soon. gently caress. What a dunce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

super macho dude posted:

Which goon poster is this? It's not me.

Trevor spelled backwa... :yikes:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Benne posted:

This is almost enough to make me beg for more Mike Kurtz takes

Almost

Mike has been exceedingly normal since Mania. It's kind of a bummer.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I really like these replies:

https://twitter.com/FracksSake/status/1258844918132297728
https://twitter.com/FracksSake/status/1258854548363329536

Great loving work on this.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mr. Carlisle posted:

From the dudes Bio:

a deranged person posted:

I am only looking for single women in the Ogdensburg new YORK area and in Watertown new YORK area only and i am looking for single reporter too

I feel like they should already be digging up his backyard

Their entire twitter timeline is just absolute lunacy

Of course he's from Ogdensburg, what a loving poo poo hole.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wish Mike Kurtz was still a harmless Twitter weirdo we could post about. He's simply (lightly) horny on main for Jamie Hayter now which is not controversial.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

"They don't even have a Hallway of Fame" is loving amazing and I legit laughed out loud reading it. That's so good.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Edit: wrong thread!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jesus loving Christ I hate the internet

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pinche Rudo posted:

So apparently Graves and Carmella are starting a new podcast where "they dive headfirst into relationship issues that EVERYONE has, but are often too afraid to talk about! Premieres June 11"

And this person is hyped

https://twitter.com/KingLily_/status/1263838307856900097

Who has the clip of Graves saying that when you're in lockdown you don't want to have sex with your partner because the thought doesn't appeal to you anymore or something, and Carmella looking at him like he's a loving moron as he tries to backpedal?

I give this relationship 4 episodes.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This reply reads like one of those horrible t-shirts you see advertised on Facebook

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Whomst among us. Mike Kurtz speaks for the people.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mike is a beacon of hope for all. His account was so wild and bizzarre and pro-WWE, then he opened his mind and tried something different in AEW. It's been way more digestible (and a little bit horny, proving the AEW tendrils have really grabbed hold) since then.

If only everybody could be so willing to accept new ideas.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

WCW would have died either way, the merger just sped it up by taking away the TV deal. There's no way that company would have survived another year if the merger and the buyout didn't happen.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Didn't WWE just tweet something about "who will break Ric Flair's record first" in regards to world titles? How many has Charlotte had? It would at least be somewhat interesting if she broke the record by winning the WWE/Universal Title.

Not that I think anyone should really be breaking the record or whatever but they seem determined to do it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

Also I know you can argue everybody has a different opinion and everything, but it's actually literally impossible to think that Brodie Lee has worse booking than he did in WWE, because he had NO booking in WWE. They refused to work with him at all.

They, there was that one really good two-week stretch!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cerebral Bore posted:

No you see unless everybody new who comes in wins every time and gets the top belt they're all complely ruined.

And no, don't ask me how it's possible to do this with everyone at the same time.

But also, if everybody new comes in and wins every time and gets the top belt then it's just pushing WWE rejects and is embarrassing.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Woah it’s the Boardwalk Strangler, look out or he’ll murder you with a Rasta Bart t-shirt

Please someone make this happen

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Davros1 posted:

Evil cartoonist is a gimmick, I suppose

But they already have Lawler

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

She also kind of used to do a Harley Quinn thing and I'm sure that was gasoline on the fire for a lot of these weirdos and creeps.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

every time i see Ryan Satin's picture I'm still not convinced he isn't aron stevens playing a character

I'm so glad I'm not the only one

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

We could all use some more homoeroticism IMO

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

Probably time to move on from the Q-Anon discussion now, as bizarrely fascinating as it it (and long past time for its true believers to have moved on too) and get the thread back on topic, thanks.

https://twitter.com/phillipgrove/status/1310663678576951296

It's a shame Eddie Kingston's career was destroyed forever by the coward Cody.

Yeah, also terrible to see him bury the roster for so many weeks, i.e. a bunch of unsigned indie guys some of whom wound up with jobs. The jerk!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I like that they're complaining about people paying attention to Meltzer while having all of the details on the latest thing Dave did that upset people/made him look dumb/etc.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hellblazer187 posted:

I ordered a depressing number of those weekly ppvs. Lol.

Yeah, same here. I was duped by Double J!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

There are also way too many factors in play where you could take the same thing, put it in WWE, and watch it fail.

The tweets mentioned some of those already, but there's also:
- Outdated references
- Commentators laughing audibly the whole time
- Commentators telling you how great and funny this is
- Doing different versions of the same bit the following few weeks in a more hamfisted way because people enjoyed the original
- Eventually punishing the people involved in the original when the subsequent attempts at recreating the magic don't take off as well

There's just no reason to trust WWE to do something good on purpose. Most of the poo poo that they do that is enjoyable and fun is either accidental or the 1-in-100 exception to all of their rules.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

My favorite match type

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

Please someone photoshop Raymond's face onto Raven, thank you.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

McDonalds is an immoral company that abuses its employees but Jeus Christ those fries.

:hmmyes:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

a cyborg mug posted:

I wish to be made into salt, when I die

The salt turns the bodies into mummies

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

How do people make hot water for drinks if they don't have a kettle? I live in the states and I don't have a stove-top kettle anymore, but a fancy lil electric one but what else are you supposed to use to make cocoa, tea, pour over coffee, etc.? Or even oatmeal?

Am I misinterpreting kettles as something else entirely here? I assumed everyone had a kettle even if it was only used to make tea when you're sick like someone mentioned earlier.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Endless Mike posted:

gently caress it sucks that no one in wherever Ganso Bomb lives figured out how to heat water without a kettle. Gotta throw my pasta in the kettle because that's the only way to boil water.

Yes I make spaghetti in a kettle because I never learned there were different tools for different jobs

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Now I really wanna make spaghetti in a kettle so I can watch the noodles pour out through the nozzle

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

forkboy84 posted:

Generally when a Brit (and presumably other Euros?) mention a kettle we are specifically thinking about an electric kettle. Stove top kettles are historical curios.

(Also you don't boil the pasta in the kettle, you boil the water in the kettle and then pour it into the pot to cook the pasta because it is way quicker than boiling that much water from tap temperature on the stove)

I'm still gonna make pasta directly in the kettle and nobody can stop me. I live to see those noodles come pouring out.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

fadmonkey posted:

Really wish you all would have kept talking about kettles instead of spoiling BOSJ.

:hmmyes:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I never want to see this happen but at the same time I absolutely love it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

No thankfully Mike is OK he pops up every once in awhile to make horny replies or like prog rock or pictures of boobs. He's relatable.

Yeah, he had one existential moment where he wasn't sure if he could like AEW and WWE at the same time but it seems like that was short-lived and he's just a regular dude being horny on main now.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

The thing he claims he has been vindicated for was sending unsolicited nudes to women.

Was it that? I thought I remembered a thing where he was using mental illness as an excuse to lure women in while he was vulnerable and then manipulate them afterward? Or maybe it's all of that rolled into one big lovely ball?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What... the gently caress.

Is this another case of someone skipping past editors?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Senerio posted:

Japanese wrestling relies more on the technical side of wrestling.

I've watched this GIF like 30 times, it's mesmerizing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

He probably has claim to best gimmick because it's SUCH a gimmick and has been treated and taken seriously for so many years. He's a dead guy with magic powers and spent much of his career as a serious main eventer.

Everyone else's gimmick is still rooted in being human and alive.