Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bartok
May 10, 2006

The mental gymnastics involved in not wanting to admit that maybe WWE sucks and has been driving away wrestling fans for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Nothing like being "ironically" racist and homophobic because the podcast from a failed wrestling promoter and third rate manager holds a grudge against a wrestling promotion for refusing to do business with him because he's a racist homophobic piece of poo poo.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I hate when wrestlers do cool moves - a wrestling fan

bartok
May 10, 2006

Great point from the "D-Von get the tables" guy.

bartok
May 10, 2006

LOL They really are doing Omega vs Callihan for Slammiversary? I figured they would do Chris Sabin or Eddie Edwards maybe even Chris Bey. You know just about anyone except Sami Callihan.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Jonny Nox posted:

I'm looking at you OSW.

Is OSW still calling people of color "Noggers" and giggling about it because it sounds very similar to the "N" word?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Junpei Hyde posted:

The microwave burgers are good

I used to love those microwavable White Castle sliders you could get at the grocery store back in high school.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Dr. Baker posted:

Remember when we all cheered loud for Zack Ryder and WWE pushed him. That's what we need to be doing for Keith Lee.

Yeah pushed off the stage in a wheelchair.

bartok
May 10, 2006

luchadornado posted:

I'd absolutely get in the ring with Nick Gage before peak Steiner Bros or something, but I get worked more by Gage. The Thumbtack Jack and Arquette matches alone are enough to make me believe there's a tiny sliver of a chance the match could go sideways in a gory way. I know he's not going to kill Jericho on national TV, but that somehow still seems more likely than a Perro Aguayo Jr. freak accident in my mind.

I think it is Mick Foley's third autobiography he mentions how he is terrified of taking German Suplexes.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

Aw, Necro? That's a shame.

I chalk it up to brain damage and being from West Virginia

bartok
May 10, 2006

I have more respect for the TNAMecca guys because they were at least protective of an underdog of a wrestling promotion and in hindsight can't be too upset with anyone seeking an alternative to WWE no matter how terrible.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Lid posted:

anyone still have the punk phoning joe mspaint? that is so surreal in 2021

going to be relevant again pretty soon

bartok
May 10, 2006

Sushi is gross jokes in 2021 where even here in central Ohio we got several sushi places from high end to fast casual. God help us if Vince or HHH discovers Michael Crichton's extremely racist novel Rising Sun.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Davros1 posted:

His gimmick was he was a computer hacker.

I like that Sami kept that part of the Solomon Crowe gimmick in TNA which translates into playing some computer noises before he magically teleports to the ring.

bartok
May 10, 2006

sleepwalkers posted:

smh at the people who don't know Michael cole's most enduring, timeless call

https://streamable.com/7g831

That final British Bulldog run in the WWF was so sad. Even as a teenager I knew this was not the same Bulldog I loved when I first started watching wrestling.

bartok
May 10, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

They didn’t want to ruin the night for everyone but Jungle Boy died last night. He’s dead and you’re not gonna see him anymore

I heard BBT bought an actual working version of the cloning machine from the beloved Michael Keaton classic film Multiplicity. The basement of Daily's Place is filled with 1000s of Darby Allin corpses.

bartok
May 10, 2006

What's funny is my sister is a casual fan who hasn't watched wrestling with any regularity since WM30 and came over to watch All Out only because of CM Punk's return and the one thing she couldn't stop talking about was that cage match. She knows nothing about the Young Bucks and the Lucha Bros. but thought it was the best match she's ever seen. She's now an AEW fan.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I always thought kayfabe wise that if it's a guy's finisher that he's so good at the move be it a Superkick, DDT, Canadian Destroyer, or whatever that he can beat people with it.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Babyfaces cashing in to beat up a weakened opponent is so dumb. Like, who gets over that way?

I thought Mox cashing in on Rollins worked because it was one of the rare instances of WWE doing effective long term storytelling.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

AEW is doing the wrestling version of when the Mormon church converts dead people and you're all just clapping along

Anne Frank is #AllElite

bartok
May 10, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

just head writer from jan to aug of 2000, he was demoted because steph and hunter nixed the story bit where steph leaves hhh for angle which was also the time steph was promoted to head of creative

Giving the fans what they want? That will never work!

bartok
May 10, 2006

That's like the logo for a non-existent record label that's on a mixtape someone tries to hands you.

bartok
May 10, 2006

The last AEW PPV my partner and I saw it at an AMC movie theater. Not a terrible experience but there was one dude that lost his poo poo when Jay Lethal showed up. Even without the #SpeakingOut allegations it was weird to see someone that excited for Jay Lethal.

bartok
May 10, 2006

IGgy IGsen posted:

May Bron Breakker be their new messiah. Until he suddenly starts talking like his father and his uncle.

I love the Breakker Bros.! Does Bron do a Frankenbreakker or even a Breakker Screwdriver?

bartok
May 10, 2006

my name is Vinny Mac and I'm here to say the "N" word in a hip hop way

bartok
May 10, 2006

Is this all because WWE didn't edit out Moxley for the video packages for Reigns/Rollins in the build to their Rumble match? I know never say never but having read Moxley's book and seeing how genuinely happy he is outside of WWE I just don't get how anyone could believe he is coming back.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Quid posted:

Does this guy think Mr T was a legitimate boxer from a documentary about the life of Rocky Balboa?

He too bet on Clubber Lang to beat Rocky Balboa like Chevy Chase in Dirty Work.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Shard posted:

That character is not a good person. He also hates gay people and is a nazi basically

but the mask is neat and he does cool slo-mo violence in the movie

bartok
May 10, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Do OSW still call their fans noggers

You don't love the cheeky way they say "Noggers" knowing it sounds like the "N" word but they can get away with it because it is the name of an ice cream bar?
I wonder if the picture of Virgil is still attached to the definition of "Noggers" on their dictionary of inside jokes on their website.

bartok fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Mar 8, 2022

bartok
May 10, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Cool, I reported it. I hope others do, as well.

Ditto. I thought we found a new wacky Vincel reply guy but to no ones surprise he turned out to be a racist.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Knowing Undertaker is a bitter piece of poo poo in retirement and watching a 63 year old Sting having the time of his life in AEW working with these "soft" kids makes me happy.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

lil Liefeld rear end lookin feet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDg0dklwW5g

bartok
May 10, 2006

Bryan Danielson vs Great-O-Khan is something I didn't know I wanted until now.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Athena has no charisma is the new Bryan Danielson can't cut a promo.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Rarity posted:

So predictable you could set your loving watch to it

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1522277026652061720

it has to be a bit at this point right?

bartok
May 10, 2006

edogawa rando posted:

Am I misremembering, or wasn't Chyna posthumously inducted into the HoF recently?

A part of me wants to see the video testimonials, but I don't think I can cope with the second-hand embarrassment.

I think she was elected as part of DX

bartok
May 10, 2006

The NJPW stuff in Yakuza 6 and Yakuza Kiwami 2 was fun.

bartok
May 10, 2006

So MJF is happy in AEW? That's good.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

Jarrett is a fine midcarder with a silly gimmick. He's just not a main eventer and never should have been.

He is a poo poo midcarder too whose only good match was being carried by Shawn Michaels at the second In Your House.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

already deleted what a coward