Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

No seriously, you shouldn't be doing that Sakurai. Save your arm for programming, not the Direct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wait, so are Greninja and Charizard their own distinct characters, or are they part of Pokemon Trainer?

Distinct

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

yeah well [Pokemon] is cooler

:colbert::colbert::colbert::colbert::colbert::catbert::colbert::colbert::colbert:

But serious, I'm still holding out for Raichu. Or Serperior.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Sire Oblivion posted:

Or, you know, it's an actual Yoga Pose.

Smash 4 tournaments should be prefaced with a session of yoga.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Serperior would be cool because it would be the first Smash character without legs. I just realized drat near all of the player characters have legs. There's ROB, but who else isn't bipedal or has leg-like appendages?

Quest For Glory II posted:

So you're saying Waluigi is the Homestuck troll of Nintendo characters.

I think I'd unironically play a Homestuck Smash.

Level Slide fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 9, 2014

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Why yes, I would like Boney as a player character.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

There's not a whole lot of Smash-likes, are there? Of course there's Playstation All Stars... I guess. There's also Megabyte Punch on PC. Um... Digimon Rumble Arena 2?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I know the first Rumble Arena had HP. Only played the second one once and I remember it having some hybrid system.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Make Palutena a playable character, that's only unlockable by fighting someone online who's using Palutena.

If Sakurai is Patient Zero and spreads that poo poo at APEX 2015 or whatever's the closest Smash major following Smash for 3DS' release, that would be great.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Space T Rex posted:

Why are the English release titles not "Super Smash Brothers 4 WiiU & 3DS"? Is Nintendo just dumb?

b/c they hate $

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

If there was a Best Buy near my part of Texas, I'd show up with my Sonic cosplay. Unfortunately, there isn't one so I'll just settle with watching the invitational in my Sonic cosplay.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Suspicious Cook posted:

But Samus isn't actually a bounty hunter because- :qq:

Seriously, though, some kind of open-galaxy, Blade Runner aesthetic Metroid game where you solved crime and then blew it up would be amazing.

During a bout of sleep deprivation, I thought it would be awesome if Samus landed on the Splatoon planet and got ink missiles as a parting gift when the space cops showed up.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I think you mean Wonderful 101 clone

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

alcharagia posted:

I have this bet going with my 10-year-old brother who hates Xenoblade for some reason I can't fathom. If Shulk gets into Smash Bros, then he can't watch his favorite anime for a month, but if Shulk doesn't get into Smash Bros, then I have to watch his favorite anime with him for a month.

Basically what I'm saying is that I would be hype as poo poo.
I don't have a cult-like devotion to Shulk or Xenoblade in general, but a month of Naruto sounds like hell.

vv Nevermind

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope it's someone none of us are expecting

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Captain Pissweak posted:

It's actually going to be a Raichu by the time the game ships.

Raichu wearing contest costumes.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Y'all bitches don't know what real anime looks like. I hope the dork in my avatar gets in so everyone here gets a taste of true anime. Either him or Keita, seeing as how Youkai Watch is ginormous in Japan right now.

gently caress, now you got me chasing pipe dreams too. Level-5 is practically second party to Nintendo right?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

SA-X is not an assist trophy and is small enough to fit in Smash.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Would you say Melee is gaming's ambrosia?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

e: My avatar is fine with it because he knows it's a stun pistol

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Alternatively, dress everyone up like Captain Falcon.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

What if ZSS had boobs AND bulge?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Email Nintendo a picture of yourself giving Sakurai a literal blow job to receive a code that automatically unlocks everyone on your particular disk or cartridge.

Or a candlelight dinner set in front of a picture or body pillow of Sakurai. That works, too.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Also Spike has to scream for a disproportionate amount of time when Marth gets knocked out.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'm going to need pictures of every time Samus fires her stun pistol in this video. For political reasons.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'm all for the Masked Man taking Lucas' place.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'd legitimately watch a Smash anime. Little vignettes of the cast hanging out with each other followed by a five minute segment of actual Smashing. Maybe a thing during or after the credits where obscure details of the actual game are pointed out.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

All I can see is that black death lightning now that it's been pointed out.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

young link

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

pokemon pokemon pokemon pokemon pokemon pokemon pokemon pokemon pokemon pokemon

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

nerdbot posted:

Can we make them open up that old GameFAQs "scenario guide" for Melee from like, 2002, where they give you rules to make you act out fanfiction in Smash Bros

Is it still there?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

SSB began development about a year before Shovel Knight was even announced, so I'm not sure why the character keeps getting brought up as remotely possible.

B/c shovel knight owns. Stop trying to bring sense into this.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Yeah, Nintendo normally releases their big titties on Sunday.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Bayonetta confirmed.

As a Zero Suit alt

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'm already literally shaking

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

But this poorly translated Sakurai tweet says DLC is for faggots.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Terper posted:

Mega Man Uprising: Revengeance, a collaborative effort.

I'll be the first post to bitch about controls, difficulty, and sexism.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

Careful, even ironiposting about it has a tendency to bring the Zero Suit posters out of the woodwork and then we have another 10 page "discussion" about her butt/boobs/heels.

Hold off until I get back from work in about three hours so I can use the finest Metroid hentai as a deterrent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'd like to see a character trailer where the new character does all of Ness' moves and wears Ness' baseball cap but instead of a baseball bat it's a frying pan and surprise, it's Paula.

• Locked thread