Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Funkmaster General posted:

So after someone posted that video of a modded Brawl with like hundreds of random characters (from Homer Simpson to an Oreo cookie), I've been vaguely interested in grabbing a pack like that. I decided to look into it today and I'm just sort of confused. I found Brawl Vault, supposedly the site where all this is going down at, and what I really want is just base brawl but with some extra characters and stages, and maybe some more interesting alt costumes for existing characters. From what I can tell, this should be entirely doable, but all the existing packs seem to either be giant idiotpacks like the one in the video with four different ridleys and homer simpson and dumb stuff like that, or just slightly tweaked versions of project M. I figured it seems easy enough to add my own stuff so I'd just grab what I did and didn't want piecemeal but after looking through the site a bit all I've really found are hundreds of nearly identical mewtwo skins. Am I missing something important or is this scene just not nearly as advanced as that video made it appear?

I just tried out the Project M last week and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Vanilla PM 3.0 comes with Roy, Mewtwo, and the Pokemon split into individual characters. I spent some time with my roommate swapping out characters and textures and it's pretty easy to do. Two days ago we realized you could use a costume manager instead of replacing the files by hand, so it got even easier by becoming drag and drop.

Not sure how :filez: sharing modified PM source is, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Is there a collection of these videos somewhere?

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
These invitational players probably get demo/review copies to practice before the tournament, right? I guess even if they did they're probably under some crazy NDA.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
I don't know if I'm just not looking hard enough or what but I can't freakin' find any kind of character that puts Wonder-Red into PM.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
There's a Digital Event (sort of like a direct?) that starts at 9am PST / 12pm EST.
The Invitational will start at 4pm PST / 7pm EST, followed by a Q&A that starts at 7pm PST / 10pm EST.

So it sounds like you might miss the Invitational, but you'll catch the start of the liveblog feed for the Q&A?

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Rhonne posted:

You're right, Ganon should totally be an Ike clone instead.

Even if you're not being serious, I agree wholeheartedly.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

CandyCrazy posted:

Well, this is interesting.

I don't understand why Nintendo keeps gating demos.

Yeah I just saw this.
I'm pretty mad about it. I've been to their SDCC booth ever year that I've gone and I actually missed a chance to go this year.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Kazy posted:

This just reads like they'll have a mobile demo unit that'll come to you.

If this is the case, then I feel terrible for the Nintendo employees that have to drudge through the convention center with the demo unit in hand.
Getting across the show floor's been a dang nightmare in years past, and I'm 100% sure it's only gotten worse.

...But yes, after rereading the original tweet it sounds like that's probably what they're going to do.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
The Fitness trainers' crimes will be counted and they will be held accountable when the time comes.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
I was just looking at it and it said that

quote:

The 3DS capture kit includes the following:

- 3DS (JP edition)
- Cameroon USB FX SPA3
- JUMFLON wiring
- Lead-free Solder Alloy
- Assembly manual
- Installation manual

So I think it's still included?

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
After giving it a serious look as a Japanese 3DS option, I feel like I'd rather have an NA region capture 3DS to record other games.

Maple Leaf, what's using it like? Does it affect performance at all?

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
The CoroCoro scans are up now.

http://imgur.com/a/2j1No

No new information... I think? Maybe a new Mii Fighter hat?

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

sout posted:

You reckon we'll see costume DLC microtransactions? Or maybe something like that with Amiibo?
Looking forward to regretting buying Smash Co. Keys.

I'm getting this strange feeling that you'll have to unlock them via Streetpass Plaza.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Judas Iscaredycat posted:

Where is the body of that article?

After visiting the CoroCoro website I am convinced that CoroCoro is a kid's magazine for kids by kids.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Sooooo after all this Kid Icarus chatter I bit the bullet and grabbed it last night.
Now I'm mad at myself for not getting it when it first came out.

So far my feeling is that Air Battles are a lot of fun without being too complicated, and Land Battles are tricky but feel really badass once you get a handle on the controls.

Haven't fiddled with the sensitivity yet, but right now I'm just sliding my thumb around on the touch screen and it seems fine.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
I'm surprised they've gone this long without adding any new features to Miis.
Or am I not surprised? Oh, Nintendo.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Well, I feel like a real jerk. That makes a lot of sense. I forgot about the proportion stuff, but I think I meant to whine about there not being any new facial features since it was first introduced. Unless they added a few that I didn't notice?

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
So this is mostly murmurs and rumblings, but the game should be "going gold" soon shouldn't it?

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

setafd posted:

Raiden totally was on a Nintendo console! MGS: Ghost Babel on the GameBoy was him doing VR missions :v

Ugh please not another anime swordsguy. :jerkbag:

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Did... Did Yahoo fall for the @NintendoAmerico fake tweet?

http://news.yahoo.com/super-smash-bros-leaks-beget-official-nintendo-direct-155354510.html

The tweet:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerico/status/503995724489846784

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
I think I need to do this.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Shear Modulus posted:

- Cookie Clicker Grandma
- Farmville Cow
- Something from Candy Crush

You leave Cookie Clicker Grandma out of this, she's done nothing but provide delicious heartwarming cookies you ingrate

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
The media event is under a super strict embargo.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127675180&postcount=8480

Could they possibly be hiding a MASSIVE reveal trailer?

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
I'm a ding-dong so I get to buy it thrice. What are you going to do, Junkie Disease?

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

alcharagia posted:

So is Captain Falcon confirmed the most muscular character in the game? Because I am an ardent devotee of the power of muscle.

As much as I love the Cap, isn't it Ike? Dude's a brick... house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Reiley posted:

Ike is more of a stone tower, he is large and thickly-built but his figure is very utilitarian. Captain Falcon has the physique of a mountain; sharp, formidable, dominant.

Ok yes. I don't know if this is a coincidence or just some blinking red light that I never noticed, but these muscle mountains (and molehill) will probably be my mains.

• Locked thread