Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Just in time to reboot the series for when the movie comes out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I get the feeling that the Illuminati are really gonna hate that Bruce figured it out if he's around them when he learns they hosed around with Captain America's memories.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

No he is not. Remember when Magneto tore him apart in AoA?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cap punching the poo poo out of Tony was so goddamned good.

I like that the other Avengers completely backed Cap up, too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gymer posted:

Has anybody else been reading Avengers World because personally as of issue 6 the invincible A.I.M.pire is getting pretty grating.

It just seems that way because each issue is working on about one character and their relation to the story. But it looks like Hyperion is about to wipe them all out so all is good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't see any comparison between Hickman and Morrison at all. How is he trying to be like Morrison?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

redbackground posted:

Sure would like to come back to that one day!

loving Bendis. Always dropping storylines.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yawgmoft posted:

Scott's reaction to the oh so righeous Henry is going to be great.

Beast is already a mass murderer thanks to Secret Avengers anyway.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Which isn't even considering that this Marvel Earth doesn't exactly have a stellar recent track record of heroes working together competently. Cap likes to talk a big game about his whole Avengers World, but let's see him work together with Cyclops for more than ten minutes without coming to blows.

This happened! In A+X, he worked with Scott.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I actually don't know much about their initial efforts but aside from trying to get rid of the Hulk (which kinda backfired), being guards of the Infinity Gauntlet (a good thing), and now saving Earth and the universe itself from incursions, what else have they done? Like I can kinda get why Cap would be pissed but given the incursions, even if the Avengers were aware of it what could they have done different? At the very best, you'd have Clint applying for Illuminati membership. Widow agreeing 100% with what's going on. Thor may have some issues with it (as shown), but Hyperion loving survived an incursion so he knows what's t stake.

Clint Barton would HATE what the Illuminati was doing. Which I think is evidenced by Old Clint hating the poo poo out of Tony Stark.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's also a conflict that is having a payoff in Avengers since it's the exact thing Cap warned would happen.

The most telling thing of this is that you know Cap would be siding with Sun God and probably saying the same things.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I want Cyclops to learn about Beast and the Illuminati so he can give him so much poo poo for it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

goldenoreos posted:

Oh god Hickman is going to kill Franklin with the eye bomb isn't he?

I'm pretty sure nothing could kill Franklin.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Well they certainly want people to think this is leading to a universe reboot, don't they? Franklin says that Cap beats the Illuminati and kills his brothers, and he says that everything dies. But also everything lives as we see them in the future and we hear about the Stark Dynasty.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He's in Avengers World in that storyline about the City of the Dead.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Uh.. is that Miles in there?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Everyone hates Earth. That's why the Guardians are out there.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Black Panther did let Wakanda kill a whole bunch of Namor's people, so he's no saint. I really don't like T'Challa at all.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Namor attacked Wakanda under the influence of the Phoenix after they injured some X-Men when the Avengers kidnapped Hope. Then the Wakandans massacred the Atlanteans in retaliation. Then Namor sent the Black Order to Wakanda in revenge.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It also had the incredible Hank Pym vs. Abomination fight. It was epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msDt58LSdAc

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Senor Candle posted:

Doom was demanding to know what it was and Reed just told him to mind his own business.

Doom should solve the incursions then just walk up to the Baxter Building and give it the finger in full view. While Namor steals Sue away.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Waterhaul posted:

He does care for Valeria but by the same extent if Doom thought killing her would get him more power or advance an agenda he has he'd do it without hesitation.

Nah, I think for Doom the best way he can gently caress over Richards is by being a better father to Val than he is, and to have her choose Doom over Reed. That would be the best way to show up Reed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

team overhead smash posted:

A little thing that slipped past me on my first read through is Reed's dismissive "Shut up, Victor" that Doom doesn't even challenge.

That's because he went over to chat with Sue about how weird he was.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So it's clear then: Thanos is the best Avenger ever.

That's what Cannonball and Sunspot learned!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Doesn't blowing up your Earth take you out of the rotation? Although I can see the Illuminati/Cabal not doing that because it doesn't really "solve" the problem and this story isn't going to end until they stop whatever is causing incursions in the first place.

The Cabal wouldn't blow up this Earth because, hey, Thanos gets a pretty much infinite amount of worlds to kill this way, and Namor isn't interested in that solution.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Starsnostars posted:

I wonder who Black Bolt is more mad at, Maximus for betraying him or himself for bring Maximus into the fold in the first place?

I dunno, is it really betraying him? I guess working with Thanos is something of a betrayal, but Maximus isn't trying to steal the crown away or kill Black Bolt, so I imagine he wouldn't be too pissed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That said, I can't think of any Franklin being shown unless you count Marvel Zombies

Days of Future Present had Franklin Richards from the Days of Future Past storyline.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I was reading Marvels the other night and the device Galactus used looked like the same thing Namor used. Can anyone confirm that, maybe with the original FF issues too?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope Captain America calls up Cyclops just to gently caress with Beast.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

So in summary the only way to solve the Incursions will be listening to some of Cannonball's homespun Kentucky folksy wisdom.

"The incursions can't hurt us when we're blastin'!"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Well so long as he acts like his AoA version I'm all on board.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wolpertinger posted:

Is Uncanny Avengers worth reading? Reviews seem to vary wildly.

It has had a few good issues here and there, but the first arc is terrible I think. Heroes arguing like idiots and acting wildly out of character.

Anything with Rogue and Wanda is particularly lovely.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Have you seen how big Sam's family is? Makes sense he wouldn't waste any time getting down to business.

I love that Sue is pretty much the leader for the Avengers now. Hasn't anyone learned to not piss her off?

Also interested to see Captain Britain with the Illuminati.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

First Bass posted:

Still no DOOM in the Illuminati :doom:

Doom would join up with Sue just to piss off Reed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bell_ posted:

I don't see why folks are surprised at Captain Britain being on the Illuminati when they've been on the team in several other alternate universes already. It wouldn't surprise me if they use the Bridge a little to scout out possible talent that would have gravitated towards them in the first place.

I think most people are surprised because Captain Britain is barely ever used, and never or rarely ever associates with the Avengers.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Guys Franklin Richards has been the same age for like 30 years. I just can't enjoy comics because of this.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

redbackground posted:

Hickman could do no better than have him run into the Spidey Super Stories version of himself.

I hope the Spidey Super Stories version is actually a worse monster than the regular Thanos, but still acts cheesy and has the Thanoscopter and poo poo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Doom tracked the Mapmakers and where they came from and who made them, right? So he could go right to the source of the incursions.

And I'm really surprised nobody thought to use Molecule Man until now. If you wanna talk about a heavy-hitter, he's someone that should have come up.

This still doesn't rule out that Tony and Reed went to Doom, too. Maybe they asked him to investigate the source while they dealt with the incursions, since that was an immediate threat?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

As far as the Cabal goes, their actions are super monstrous. But I always saw that as essentially being the ultimate end result in taking part in the Incursion World Killing game. If you start down the path to killing someone else's home just to save yours while maintaing a slow death for all Universes, then you are going to be standing on a mountain of corpses.

There's a huge difference in how that happens though. The Illuminati took no joy and used is as a last resort. The Cabal are reveling in the cruelty. There's monstrous and there's necessary to survive.

It's like if someone invaded your home. If you shot them in self-defense, that's one thing. But if you tortured them before making them beg you to kill them, that's monstrous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

A.o.D. posted:

There are three differences that explain the success Doom has had that the Illuminati hasn't been able to enjoy. First, the Illuminati, has had to spend much of their time worrying about how to survive the next incursion while Doom has taken the luxury of ignoring the incursions as they come. Second, Doom has a critical asset in the Mapmaker homing fragment that he's been able to use to reverse engineer their universe-hopping scheme. Finally, Doom didn't have Black Swan feeding him half-truths that were more misleading than outright lies. If the Illuminati didn't have to worry about the immediate survival of the entire universe, then they probably could have been more forward-thinking on the problem. Instead, they've been guided into having almost their entire focus being on living one more day.

This is why I think that Reed and Tony did indeed go to Doom and this led to them letting him try to trace the source of the incursions while they try to figure out how to survive them.

• Locked thread