Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I have a question about the incursions that maybe I missed. Did the people of Earth-616 see Fake-JLA Earth almost collide with theirs? I thought the Illuminati were trying to keep the incursions secret but I would think the cat would be out of the bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
How the hell did Thanos become unfrozen?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Avengers 34.1 was pretty awesome stuff. Really enjoyed the internal conflict when facing down the Mauler.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Nevvy Z posted:

I felt the same way when I binge reread his East of West.

I said this over in the indie thread but binge rereading East of West made the overall plot crystal clear. I'm really looking forward to re-reading all of Avengers/New Avengers in the recommended reading order. I started both books with "Prelude to Infinity". I have the .1 issues so I have the collected Avengers / NA codes. I understand for the most part whats been going on but I think weaving both books together will really bring some of the more fuzzy details into focus.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Holy poo poo, Steve. Holy poo poo, Reed.

Holy poo poo, everyone.

NA#28 was amazing. Hickman is having a blast with all these characters. :allears:

Every page from the Secret Avengers showing up all the way to the big reveal at the end was loving awesome

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

rkajdi posted:

I thought it was the Mighty Avengers not the Secret Avengers showing up. I'm not following the latter book, so I have no clue if there's linup crossover.

Reed says "But He did suffer losses, so He was forced to introduce a Fourth Party - - his Secret Avengers"

I feel dumb for asking, what is BSS rules on spoilers? I checked the rule thread and didn't see anything definitive.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Since I haven't read Hickmans Ultimates before can someone give me a brief explanation of Ultimate Richards and why he's awesome? There was a bit of the backstory but are there any highlights that weren't mentioned?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Here's pretty much all the background you need on The City / Children. From Ultimates #1 & #2.

Thats rad. I'm going to Amazon and going to pick up the Ultimates TPB.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Have 616-Reed and Ultimate Reed met before?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm sorry if this had been asked but is there somewhere I can find an updated reading order of Avengers?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Thank you, I appreciate it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
The issue confused me. I read it, I understood the words that I read, but my brain couldn't really make sense of what I read. Could someone please explain this issue to me please :-/

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Little Mac posted:

Plot Explanation

THANK YOU. After reading NA 30 again it made much more sense.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Senor Candle posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kXN9H4EYsw8c_QeDdSdemJioWeAqXAnznwTtPGUoBmE/edit#gid=0

Gavok can you just throw this into the first post?

EDIT: Credit to redbackground I think for putting that together.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
What if Rabum Alal is Grills from Hawkeye? Maybe being killed by the Tracksuits is what set this all in motion :(

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Agreed. I want to know more about this universe

Over in the general thread it was discovered that those are "Dinosaurs for Hire" which is a Malibu Comics book.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

Way to be a Hawkeye

What is this from?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yue posted:

Hope this is the right thread.

I'm trying to catch up on Hickman's Avengers stuff to get up to speed in time for Secret Wars. I've got all of Avengers, New Avengers, the six issues of Infinity, and Avengers World, based on what the guy at the comic store told me. Then I realized I should really check with the internet before I dig in, so is there anything I have that's unnecessary, or something I missed? Is there a particular reading order?

loving enjoy man Avengers/NA is a hell of a ride.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I was under the impression that once Earth was destroyed the rest of that multiverse was fine. I thought them talking about the sudden acceleration meant the sudden acceleration of earth deaths, not multiverse deaths.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

hope and vaseline posted:

Another more comprehensive theory that links Fantastic Four events together. Explains the start of the incursions and what triggers the Beyonders into their raze everything plan. I loving love how unwittingly Doom could become The Great Destroyer and The Great Creator all at once.

Wow that theory makes so much sense. I feel that reading Hickmans FF run is necessary to understanding Avengers.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
In NA #24 where Namor is talking to Doom, at that point does Doom know he's RA? I'm a little confused by the time line here.

Edit: I can't wait to see the fight between the Cabal and the Illuminati.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 11, 2015

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Nevvy Z posted:

Read East of West also. It's as good as FF/Avengers

I really love East of West. It has a huge world and a good story. My only problem is that it seems like it comes out erratically and sometimes I forget whats happened in the previous issues, so I have to go back and read 3 or 4 issues just to refresh myself.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

gfanikf posted:

Oh just to make sure I'm reading things right people have been overwhelmingly positive to :doom:, right?

It was received quite well

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I started reading Avengers during Infinity. I'm incredibly sad that this amazing 3ish year run is coming to an end tomorrow. I will give the All New Avengers a try but after the epicness of A/NA I think it's going to have a hard time measuring up.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Codependent Poster posted:

Mark Waid is a good writer and he's using some great new characters so it should be very good.

I'm really excited about the cast but it will be a very different book that's for drat sure

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I know it won't but I'm loving dying to see how this run ends and introduces Secret Wars. I woke up today thinking it was Wednesday and I was so excited for more Hickman but nope I have to wait some more :smith:

I did too :( I went to my LCS to get my books and he just laughed and told me it was Tuesday.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

It's pretty bad luck that the last standing universe is the Ultimate one and not the one where, say salt-vulnerable slugmen rose to be the dominant species.

This made me laugh way harder than it should've.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Is it possible that what Doom threw at the Beyonders was the Battleworld?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Senor Candle posted:

I mean Battleworld is supposed to be a whole planet right?

Ya I guess thats true :-/

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Madrox posted:

It was what I took away as well, before checking the thread. I'm certainly not totally sure that's what happened.

Owen Reece is a Beyonder-designed ticking time-bomb for all the universes where he exists, and shares a simultaneous consciousness. When a universe's Molecule Man dies, it also dies. Doom is a messiah to the Swans. Their religion's most sacred act is executing a Molecule Man, and destroying a universe to thwart the death of all others. Do they even know that's why they're doing it? Not recalling if that was explicitly stated. Either way. they are wholly devoted to finding these men, and ending them. Those that betrayed their tenets, and looked upon Doom's work were enraged enough to turn on him. What could anger them enough to go against their God-Emperor (of) Doom? Perhaps the sight of countless iterations of their enemy, stockpiled instead of destroyed? I do think they were in the Library, which was hurled at the Beyonders, and their pre-emptive destruction was the sudden great loss of universes. I don't know if the spiral universe formation itself was supposed to illustrate that as well, or if Hickman did intend something different. I do hope he maybe writes something to clarify later, but it wouldn't hurt me if it stood on it's own either.

One minor thing from the recent books that has annoyed me a bit, is the huge discrepancy in how the artists have illustrated the Beyonders. From varied organic forms by one, to some of the Transformer knock-off i had in the 80s by the other... I guess if any beings have an excuse to be rendered differently, it's them, but I feel like it happened because they didn't communicate. Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit on a Hickman-plotted title, I don't know.

Maybe I missed this, but are multiverses that have a molecule man the only ones that had incursions? Like if 616 MM had killed himself would that have prevented all this poo poo from happening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I'm really excited about the cast but it will be a very different book that's for drat sure

If the FCBD issue is an indication All New Avengers is going to kick rear end

• Locked thread