Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

First page! :toot:

Man, so far the pubbies in my Undine queues are worse than usual!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

So I noticed Racer was included in the OP, but not his famous comment on Mangoes' fat cow arse or doing a bunch of meth so he can stay up for days harrassing him? For shame.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Archonex posted:

Edit: I also appear to have a large number of items in my inventory that are in stacks, have no icon, no description, and cannot be discarded, taking up slots. Which means a chunk of inventory space is being locked off by this bug. The gently caress did they do during this patch? :wtc:

Did you ever install that old UI mod that changed the icons for Data Samples to something more easily distinguishable? Its old, but if you had I wouldn't doubt it would result in this sort of bug, what with all the changes that have been made.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Are there any mods/customisation people have made for this game that might actually be worth installing, come to think of it?

The only thing that springs to mind for me is SweetFX or something like that.

Functional stuff breaks whenever they update the UI, so they're largely broken and forgotten. Cosmetic stuff that has been made has largely been adopted by Cryptic over time (color coded power bar icons, optional UI colors, etc) so that's mostly abandoned now too.

You could always go find out what Skybuck's peddling nowadays.... if you've got the Bitcoins to pay for it!

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Unless you're playing a Romulan and then it very much makes a huge difference.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

300 Earth Dollars posted:

I'm kinda splitting the difference by beamscorting, but I get what you mean.

Chasecam beamscort? :psyduck:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Ludicro posted:

So I logged into STO today, and found this in my mail inbox.

Best pubbie yet. This guy deserves a reward. What should I send him, bugship?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Spoke to @sanusisanusi today, just wanna say he's a standup guy and the caliber of goon all you other shitlords should aspire to be.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

SFD is not a monarchy. Eternal Leader oversees a democratic people's republic.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Nah, if you've already got multiple characters you should be able to grind up a character slot increase pretty fast.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

The only remotely tolerable Bajoran in the history of Star Trek is this guy

gently caress all the rest

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Bloodly posted:

I can't understand the point, presuming this isn't fake. So EXP rates are adjusted up. The normal game has a generous curve as is. And it's not where most progression comes from at the minute.

The only way it'd be interesting is if they messed with the enemies, ship stats, or both.

What's not to understand? The people running it get paid by idiots and in return they offer those idiots c-store access at 1/3 of the price. The baffling part is that it's probably a copy of like S2 era STO and who the gently caress would want to go back to that?

e: I guess its the only way anyone will ever get to play the DS9 fleet action again!

Mondian fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 2, 2014

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Reviewing is always disabled following a season launch, as new changes usually gently caress up old foundry missions pretty bad and they don't want the authors having their ratings slammed until they can go back and fix things.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

KUSHANGAZA!

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Well it'd help if you gave up your @handle so we can gateway spy you and tell you why your ship is poo poo.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I'm only sorry they didn't give us a new holding with S9 so we could do it all over again.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Tighclops posted:

Glorious people's wealth redistribution program for great freedom!

Dunno if I want to reinstate the Great Goon Welfare Project, but I'm open to sponsorship deals. Anyone else want to sell their naming rights?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Basically, though, BUYING on of these ships with real money is going to cost you like 50 dollars.

Nah. Spend 350 Zen on changing your name to "Brought To You By Mondian" and I'll just give you the ship.

On another note, are there none of you with fedroms that can train sci team 3? There must be at least one, where are you?

Thanks FF

Mondian fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 6, 2014

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Deal.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

DataDyne posted:

I'd like to add that I too would change my name to "Brought To You By Mondian" for a JHDC, hell, I'd let you change it to "Brought To You By Shutup Wesley" or "Brought To You By Lake1771", I just want that JHDC goodness.

Just find me in game. Standard rate is 75m cash, but I'll do some lobi ships too.

And yeah, where's the drat Keldon already? Or at least a hideki.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Korgan posted:

What you do is say something in local chat. "[Local] Name@handle: blah blah blah" The @handle is the part we need to invite you. If your @handle isn't @brain, let me know your actual @handle and I'll reinvite you. Oh and make sure you spell it correctly when you're giving me the name (I am looking at you, @chocohip).

Aren't @handles in chat disabled by default? You can also right click on your portrait (ground) or ship hull/shields thingy (space) for your full Character@Name.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Butthurt pubbie posted:

Come back a few hours later, you are full of contraband.

If only. :sigh:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Asimo posted:

And with no chargeup time or weapon power drain or anything like that, just click and boom. It's probably one of the few (only?) 3 minute clicky damage powers that's worth taking up a console slot.

Eh, its another kill button in a vape setup, but idda know how thrilled I'd be to have it taking up space in pve.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Higher than you can afford.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Ludicro posted:

A new and up to date quick reference guide on what ships are good and what ships are bad has been added to the wiki, and can be found here http://wiki.wesleyguide.com/goon_guides/bigshipguide. It is not 100% complete, but will be updated regularly.

Yeah, speaking of the ship guides on the wiki, it would be nice if someone updated or put a disclaimer on all the original wesleyguide PVE builds saying that they're at least a year old or more and probably outdated for several reasons.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Morglon posted:

I mainly run the turret thing so I can gently caress off to the other side of the objective that's being taken without having to worry about my team. Yeah there are mortars that will destroy your fort but only the ones the minibosses use, the rest barely does any damage. Even if your fort gets destroyed you can poo poo out a new one in literally five seconds and as I said, when they're coming to you it still holds up fine and is easier to control and manage than some idiots charging around everywhere. Of course either will do fine but turret forts are much slower for normal ground content.

Mortars ignore line of sight so you can drop them safely behind a wall somewhere and have them support you all over the map. Especially with the bonus mortar doff, a good volley can easily wipe out the heaviest ground units. That said, phaser turrets are fragile as gently caress and I'd say their usefulness is dubious considering their low damage vs survivability. I still use them on my engy, but if we're talking boffs I'd rather have a tac tearing poo poo up instead.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Speaking of kit modules, has anyone actually seen purple MK XII variants of anything that aren't the reputation unlocks? I know they're supposed to be ground drops, but looking at stuff like Thermo Induction or Quantum Mortars it seems the only Mk XII drops are either white or green.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Preechr posted:

#LooseTachyons

There still isn't anyone brave enough to discuss the missing dilithium reserves in the lower levels.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

:aaaaa:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Buying contraband again. 10m/stack send me a mail or something if you've got some to sell.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

There's definitely thousands of dollars worth of crap to buy in the c-store, but I think a lot of the spending, historically, was people fueling fleet holding progression with their wallets.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

Spending real money to assuage the RNG gods is definitely signs of mental illness. What are the actual odds of unlocking an undine ship?

100% if you spend 250 keys.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

You guys are adorable.

:wotwot:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Morglon posted:

That's not how probability works.

Its not, but it is how the internal counter that guarantees you a ship after not getting one after opening 250 of a particular kind of lockbox works.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Its also tracked separately for each type of lockbox. So you can't unsuccessfully open 249 Ferengi boxes and then expect a Galor on your first Cardassian box, etc.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Morglon posted:

Also you're supposed to run and wait for reinforcements. You literally can't take the thing alone.

This is a lie and you can actually solo the dread in a shuttlecraft if you want. You're not supposed to, though.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

It does not matter and never has.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Hey give Cryptic a break, they've come a long way. Does anyone remember the launch era skill system where all the tooltips were just filled with meaningless :techno:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Aleth posted:

And a single damage type.

That was almost worth it for AP guns when they had their original proc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Asimo posted:

What was the original AP proc again?

And yeah, while the skill system desperately needs another revamp (the science skills especially are both completely obtuse and far too specific next do "do more damage" or "have more HP" that apply to every build ever) it's at least not the launch system. Even if I'm pretty sure they only bothered to revamp it for F2P solely because forcing characters to tightly spec into specific gear and ships made it really hard to sell new ships on the C-store...

Original proc bypassed shields entirely.

I think the problem with the current skill system is lack of choices. In any of the three disciplines there's really only 2-4 skills that are actually used and the rest are completely useless. Re-balancing them would certainly help, but they need to add new abilities pretty badly. Its Star Trek, there is no end to the number of things you can refrequence, rephase, or remodulate. Just give us new powers that aren't dogshit.

• Locked thread