Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

300 Earth Dollars posted:

I made a similar mistake when I started playing and ugh

I make that mistake quite often with my alts. The sad part is, every time I get to a point where I can start accessing the bank and being truly productive, some SSR member with an alt in the fleet empties out the Fleet bank and fills it with nothing but remodulators and catfish sandwiches.

A real shame that this continues to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

The romulans have a warbird designed entirely for alpha striking. In fact the t'varo was the Ganking boat of season 8. The new raider buff and hull buff to bops make them contenders again.

Edit: Kattiea, http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00002ND64/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1398438564&sr=1-1&pi=SY200_QL40

That might help you out when lake comes knocking.

Technical Analysis fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 25, 2014

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Goat Pillager posted:

Having the Dental tag will secure you pubbie rage at any level, which is a large plus.

Not just rage but praise as well. The average balanced pubbie appreciates our work in NOP public service.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Cythereal posted:

The latest goon fad in STO is to idolize Dukat and demonize the Bajorans because in DS9 Dukat was a well written villain played by a charismatic actor and a lot of Bajoran characters were poorly written, abrasive, or otherwise not very likable.

Not to mention the fact that Dukat was a hero to the Bajoran people. They were merely too shortsighted to see all that he could have provided them. Were it not for his leadership, the Bajorans would have never been able to stand on their own, and how do they repay Dukat? They call him a war criminal and slander his name at every opportunity.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Psychosis? Dukat was a great man, demonized by the head writing staff because the people at the top thought that having a sympathetic antagonist was too complicated for the standard Trek viewer.

Dukat did what he did for the betterment of the Cardassian and the Bajoran people. Do you not recall how he helped to foster an alliance between Bajor and the Dominion when they came through the wormhole, and yet, even as Kira and he were supposed to work together in their new alliance, she just couldn't let go of the anti-Cardassian propaganda put forth by the provisional Bajoran government. Propaganda that she should have realized was false after working with him.

EDIT: Psycho brings up a good point, the Bajorans were the initial aggressors, invading Cardassian space with their sail boats. The Cardassian government simply sought to free the Bajoran people from their horribly oppressive caste system. Another thing you can thank Dukat for. Were it not for his work with the Bajoran resistance against the then Bajoran government, people like Kira would have been nothing more than an artist, or a musician instead of letting her true ability as a soldier shine.

Technical Analysis fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 2, 2014

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Servicio en Espanol posted:

For Season 10, the Undine ought to get into it with the Dominion so you have two races of shapeshifters engaged in a serious, sustained campaign of impersonating each other

Can't happen. Voyager is already involved in Season 9. Sure Tuvok is in command, but let's be honest here, there's gonna be a reset button that puts us back to the end of Season 8 once this is all over.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Hah, the idea that cornflakes could captain anything more complicated than a toaster is adorable.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

How does a man Galor without a Galor?

With a B'Rel Bird of Prey. Don't forget, Dukat pulled a Kirk and stole one. Did more with it than Kirk did too.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Riso posted:

No, a BAJORAN hosed it up.

A Bajoran who without Dukats influence would have been nothing more than an artist or a musician.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

The best antiproton beam arrays would be the ones you can get from the fleet store. Accx2 Dmgx2.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Asimo posted:

The players of STO are such petulant children. This is pretty much the easiest, inexpensive, and most accessible MMO on the market, but it's still not good enough.

Inexpensive? Sir, let me tell you how much zen the pubbies have bought.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Same, I could use a lesson in proper history.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I dunno, I still have fun in space STFs, and in helping pubbies pro-run ground STFs.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Aleth posted:

It's us, we're the 3rd Fleet Saints.

FTFY

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

wdarkk posted:

I just want my drat secondary deflector already.

Hahaha, nerd. Get a real ship.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Romulan log: "...Operatives obtained KDF and Starfleet logs, nothing useful, gonna have to start our own R&D teams at this rate."

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Romulan power boards? Party poppers on Risa? Today is a good day.

Melchior posted:

what is this even

A pubbie in need of a good disco party.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

There is sort of one Fed side with Section 31, but sadly it's no holodeck gone wild.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I like it's 2 piece more than the Omega 2 piece in terms of keeping a ship under 50% to keep GDF going, It's got boosted accuracy on the deflector as well, so that's always nice.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

CrushedWill posted:

It took me better than 20 minutes to figure out how to beam back to my ship last night, I'll do my best to not poo poo up the channel.

Ask away man, poo poo like that is what the channel is for. Otherwise it'll be just a bunch of goons ERPing and circle jerking.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Less clunky, less useful, more bullshit, and of course dice rolls!

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

revtoiletduck posted:

Pretty sure that phaser lance thing would vaporize an Excelsior in one shot, therefore...

Seriously though, I wish the Galaxy-x wasn't poo poo, because I like the idea of a cruiser with hangar bays, cloak, phaser lance, etc. Gimmicks are fun.

If it makes you feel better, as far as poo poo heaps go, the Gal-X is perfectly salvageable. It's not gonna be a scimitar or even an Excelsior, but it'll certainly get the job done.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Better get to work, you got till Monday.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Eh, I'm stashing up components so I can run as many beams as possible during the time to get more xp, but yeah, it's not really gonna amount to dick.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I have no idea what just happened, but I want to see where it goes. :munch:

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Should be fixed on the next patch, but don't count on it.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

revtoiletduck posted:

Who the gently caress made Harry Kim a captain?

Man deserves it after putting up with Janeways poo poo for 7 years.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

0x0hShit posted:

The Voyager crew didn't do it right the first time, so we're going back to correct their mistake.

The Voyager crew didn't do it at all the first time. The Talaxians did themselves man. We got witnesses.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Mogomra posted:

Of course they would add in the literal poo poo heads.

Hey now, the Kazon are bad, but they're not Talaxian bad.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Sontarans, shitheads, aatreks favorite species, and all the rest if the Delta Quadrant dickheads. If this season isn't actually about the DQs recovery after Janeways path of "Go gently caress yourself, gimme that coffee." Then I will be disappointed.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Create a new RomTac. Join the KDF, raid the Feds, sell space blow, gently caress the space police.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Melchior posted:

I dont know, it seems pretty whitebread as far as drama goes. new marquisnoir chatlogs would be immensely more entertaining and require a hell of a lot less legwork (both for you and for the readers of this thread)

Devs killed our easy mode button by adding the nullifiers. Means we just have to go back to the older more involved methods. The ERPists won't get any peace with their nullifiers. They're always bags of rage just waiting to pop, we'll just have to get a pointier stick.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Morglon posted:

In space there are many Jews but hardly any black people.

Counter-point. Klingons.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Morglon posted:

They weren't originally black they just did some DNA fuckery so they don't count.

Enterprise says otherwise.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

To be fair, it's easy as poo poo to farm marks. I've got over 5k since the last dil weekend and I haven't even tried. I don't even want to know how many marks the poop-sockers have already.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Burning_Monk posted:

Okay so what is better... Elite widows or elite scorps?

What ship are you using them on?

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I say we start gearing up Mirandas, T'Liss' and Tier 1 BoPs and take those into STFs. 20 bucks says we still out Deeps the pubbies.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

SKY COQ posted:

Why the gently caress was Sulu wearing Engineering colours?

Engineering/Operations. He was still ship pilot at the time.

Edit:

The real question is Why is Chekov in Medical/Science colors?

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Acer Pilot posted:

So he's going to login once a day to do this I guess?

Its his version of the Crystalline event. If he can log in 14 days to tell us how much he hates us, he gets a tooth each day. Turn in 14 teeth to the event reputation tab and he completes the event. Sadly, the even was just copied over from the Crystalline event, so that 50k dil reward isn't for his event. Bright side, he gets a stash of all the party poppers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Brownview posted:

These are great, thanks.

I was wondering if someone could give similar guidance on things a new level 50 should do, in terms of daily missions and longer term goals. I understand there are reputations to grind, dailies to bang out, a super rifle, but right now I feel accomplished if I keep my doffs busy and continue to do storyline missions. Goons - particularly devs - have been helpful and friendly in-game but even they have a tendency to use a lot of shorthand.

fake edit: I got an email thanking me for using arc when I first started playing. I have a kdf tactical romulan - how the hell do I get and equip this alleged Khan outfit?

Just go to a tailor and you can set up an outfit which is more or less the poo poo Khan and his followers were wearing in WoK. It can also be pink.

• Locked thread