Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
Sweet OP. I'll look at coming back once I move into my new house and I figure out what this new season is about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
So what's been going on for the past 7 months?

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

Disco balls nerfed, game's still poo poo.

Did the 10 millionth disco balls are raping me thread finally work?

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Hal_2005 posted:

It's been 5 years since I logged in, but why not. Since apparently ARC linked my Swordsman online account up to my old account, I'd like to join the goon fun. @Hal2005 is goon name in crypticspeek.

On average how many guys still play this game still ? After they nerf the disco balls, what is there to do ? Can we still invade other people's bridges and roleplay sessions ?

I'm assuming a new season won't be too far away so that will draw a lot of people back. I haven't played for 7 months but given that there's quite active discussion there'll be some goons around getting up to mischief.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah this week I've been logging in to refine some of the dil stock pile, queue up crafting xp, realize there's nothing I want to do and log out.

They pretty much mastered this level of inspiration amongst players when they introduced the dinosaurs. Having some objectives that are interesting would go a long way to help.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

JFC posted:

What will the next generation of party poppers and subspace party amplifiers look like?

Can we get a party popper that fires dinosaurs?

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Kesper North posted:

That, sir, is an Amarr shuttle.

It's definitely an amarr shuttle. The cross over with Eve Online starts now.

e: Is the server being dead the usual pre-season drop? Or has the grind been extended to gently caress you levels?

Devian666 fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 16, 2015

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

This, and also queues being effectively killed for pugs because the lead Dev is a turbo sperg.

Pugging made the terrible STFs work. You could solo the entire thing and the pubbies would moan about how bad you were. Then you would post the total damage done and you'd done 95% of it because they were too stupid. Why would they want to kill that when everyone got decent rewards and would play the lovely game?

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Gnome de plume posted:

Isn't he that big wrestler guy in Guardians of the Galaxy?

No way he'd hang out in a dumb game for nerds

Why would a pro-wrestler get upset about video games?

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
I might play again just so I can get another pearl necklace on Risa.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
How hosed up was winter wonderland this year?

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

DonDoodles posted:

Nico@smuggel666: STARFLEET RECKTAL A BUNCH OF HOMOTROLLS

Blue Geek parachute account spotted.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
Is DPS going to be through the roof now with 3x [Dmg]?

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
*concludes a number of things about ?
*can't discuss it anymore because mum is getting angry that his dinner is getting cold

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
:drat: hilarious.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
It sounds like the game is going downhill at an increasing rate. Looks like I should uninstall the client.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

Between the poor performance, the lovely server stability, the assorted bugs, and I'm sorely considering it at this point despite STO unironically being my favorite MMO a year ago. It's almost hilarious to see how badly Cryptic has hosed everything up. I gave up on Champions Online years ago but that was from the slow whimper of maintenance mode development rather than actively crashing and burning like this.

It's a bit of a shame as there was a lot of fun to be had with the game being easy. Adding more lovely grinding just sucks any fun out and given that it'll run horribly on my computer it seems like a waste. Might just get back into Payday 2 for some fun.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Tighclops posted:

It's a shame because there's a lot of love in the game (I appreciate how the warp core icons represent cores from the various shows and movies, for example) and a lot of legit improvements over the years like the "new" old Spacedock.

Why can't there just be a solid space game with enough of an online component to gently caress with idiots that take it all too seriously in? Seems like everything's either hopelessly mismanaged shlock or vapourware with a cult following

Every MMO tries to turn everything into a second job to preserve the feeling of RPG progress. STO had a good have fun blowing up spaceships or other players and get rewarded. My understanding is that they have made everything equally poo poo in terms of rewards, which is a drat shame.

Probably the best mmo work ever was in erepublik where to work you just clicked the work button once a day. Then you could concentrate on fun stuff like manipulating currency, publishing articles that would leave other players foaming at the mouth, creating hyperinflation or starving an entire country to death. If only all these things could be done in STO, then it would be more like the shows.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
That casual end game got me into the game, along with the relatively fast leveling. I had fun playing the lovely game, which is why I was on so much that I poured quite a few resources into the kdf starbase. Oh well.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

BombermanX posted:

guys GUYS GUYS UYGS

I found poison ivey's other facebook profile
https://www.facebook.com/251154298416993/photos/pb.251154298416993.-2207520000.1438612835./319134821618940/?type=3&theater
THEN A BUNCH OF BASEMENT IDIOT TROLLS

BASEMENT.

IDIOT.

TROLLS.

Edit: Guess who Came To See Me Looks like a Troll Who wants a Hug LOL . It's Our Old troll Pall Sterie Before i Loggout i gave a goodbye wave to him before I loggout hehe

The best part is the one like on that picture.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
I'm ceasing infiltration operations so that STO players don't discover what Operation Pubbie is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

BombermanX posted:

The gently caress is a lethean

A lovely KDF race.

• Locked thread