Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Korgan posted:

All the new guys worrying about getting a ten console uber ship like the other cool goons have, you'll be able to pick up a Risian Corvette and/or a Risian Luxury Cruiser (details yet to be released) in a few weeks or a month. All you'll have to do is some bullshit one person race once every 20 hours, 25 times and the ship is yours.

The Corvette is awesome and worth the time spent flying through rings. It's nearly a copy/paste of the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier's layout, minus the fighters, that trades health for speed and maneuverability. I had to change very little when transferring over to the JHDC, mostly just replacing Eject Warp Plasma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I have experienced Bijor, I understand the truth.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Acer Pilot posted:

Feel free to test out part 2 if you haven't already. It's in the foundry -> review content tab if you haven't. Just search for bijor.

For those that tested it before, I updated the mission for Dukat's birthday. It now accurately shows how poorly Cardassians were treated.

Played them both at the same time. Great missions but they could use some speeches from the prophets at the beginning and end, remind the player it's supposed to be an orb vision and eliminate any trace of subtlety.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Who doesn't run with either Attack Pattern Omega or Polarize Hull?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Melchior posted:

Is offers.perfectworld.com down for anyone else? Been making zen for weeks this way, and I get a message now that the site is inaccessible until I have a level 10 or week old character. Not sure why..

What have you been using for a fake street address?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Where's page 6 or is that the joke?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ludicro posted:

For anyone on the fence about the Tempest class, get the Zen store version before splurging on the fleet one, the console it has is amazing.

What's the cooldown on that monster?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ludicro posted:

Welp.

http://pastebin.com/dQWYX9Ft

His character was very small, female, and very flat chested.

:suicide:

:stonk:
Lina was right about the petifiles.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Unless things have changed from S8 (and I do recall some talk of nerfing the gun...), the recipe for ground gear is basically EVERYONE GETS A DYSON GROUND SET! YOU GET A DYSON GROUND SET, YOU GET A DYSON GROUND SET, EVERYONE GETS A DYSON GROUND SET!

It helps that the Dyson battlezone shits marks. Of course, the Dyson battlezone is ground in and of itself so you may want some advice for whilst you're earning those marks...

Run up to the teleporters and capture them, then solo the Omega generators in the section you're assigned for the daily. After that you just dump your tokens into reinforcements and take any target of opportunity you can while waiting for the V-Rex to spawn. Easy enough even with crap gear.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Morglon posted:

Don't steal anything though, only SSR steals things and leaves catfish behind. We hold our space honor in high regards and space stealing other people's space property is a space no-no. Space.

Right, a good player only takes what is freely given to them.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'll give you 150 contraband for one of those bugships.

I decided to join a pubbie fleet on one of my alts. They were talking about ships, calling the Gal-X is amazing, things like that.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So how long until the storyline establishes the Iconians did 9/11?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

As long as the don't fix the hole in the Dilithium mine or the wall in the Klingon city that let you fall off the map.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

dangersandwich posted:

Funny you call me that. Full disclosure: I was the big boss of le reddit fleet for a couple of years. They're a bunch of shitheads though.

Did they kick you out or something?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

New Romulus weekend has been great. Creeps who ogle their characters every chance they get are coming back to a place where the Voth cannon's explosion still works.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Yeah if they ever get around to that option where you can earn shield graphics and use them all the time when running other shields, it's just gonna be Aegis on half the ships in the game.

Aegis Corvette for life. I wish they'd roll out a fleet variant of the Aegis, get its stats up to where the other sets are.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hello, I come from getting bored of EVE. Made a Vulcan Science Officer because gently caress the police, I wanna play a loving Vulcan. Currently only Lieutenant 4, and flying this PoS but already enjoying this game immensely.

Edit Should I bother hunting down anomalies while leveling and poo poo? I've no idea what these Alien Artifacts and and Radiation Samples and whatever are for, so I've just kinda been sitting on a pile of about 30 or 40 of them.

Anomalies are pretty much garbage, crafting was a half baked idea from the start of the game that is long past due for an overhaul. Hold on to the particle traces though, the rare materials with names like Dekyon Particle Trace or Anyon Particle trace (though not the common ones that are just named Particle Trace), those can be used to power up a rare item that has a decent resale value on the exchange once it's charged.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

How pathetic does someone have to be to pretend they're a GM?

Dr. Lariat posted:

polarize hull is meh, it'll break a tractor beam so will APO.

Good to have both during certain missions where the enemies do nothing but hold your ship. Specifically the old Romulan stuff and anything with the Undine.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Is the sandcastle reward supposed to be the same no matter how ornate the sculpture gets?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

:siren: Disco balls can work on the dance floor. Details on the wiki. :siren:

Skip the dance party if you don't need the tokens or are sick of it and drop amplifiers instead.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Now with Triolic field.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lagomorphic posted:

That's the polite name for the rape cave. It's a cave on the non-resort Risa map that is pretty popular with certain types. If you'd like to know more and do your part to combat this menace please run My Favorite Game, it's under fed foundry missions.

There's a cave on that map too? Never bothered exploring because it looked like just another launch-era shitmap.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

One of the Fed Starbase projects will accept prisoners sent over from your Klingon alts.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They seem to have added in NPCs that spawn in and shoot you if you drop pattern enhancers on the Risa dance floor.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

AirborneNinja posted:

Pattern enhancers will spawn npcs at random. Random fed/kdf or Phantasm.

Yeah, I tried it again and they didn't spawn. The weird thing is its name was Dance Instructor, so I was a bit confused.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mary Sue is a beautiful Reman princess.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We should start spreading rumors that XTERN1TY is a goon fleet. It's already full of goons, no matter how many times he tried to kick us.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Veotax posted:

Am I reading that right? Are Star Clusters just loving gone?

Looks like we might get an exploration re-vamp soon-ish.

You can still do the doff assignments by flying up to the border, the only real reason to go. Not being able to get Ten of Ten would have really hurt aux2bat builds.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tuskin38 posted:

Doff missions are easier on tribble, they auto fill the slots with the best ones.

http://puu.sh/9BmP3/a21fe4190a.jpg

Hovering over the ! at the end of the outcom chance bar will show you what reward you'll get.

RIP pie chart.

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah they're just loving gone. Hit the waypoint for your doff jobs. Don't expect a revamp anytime soon either those exploration missions apparently made up a huge chunk of the downloaded assets thanks to the huge number of lovely maps. Also the only thing the added to the game was a trap that kept catching new players and convincing them to quit before they even got into the episodes.

Also if you really want a huge selection of lovely missions designed by emotionless machines devoid of any actual creativity there's still the foundry.

They were good for testing out new builds against weak PvE targets, assuming you got an actual space mission and not some ground poo poo or anomaly scanning. Again, better served by the foundry.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

CrushedWill posted:

Also, does the wiki contain hints on basic play? Things like adjusting shields and power levels? I've gimped through some of the missions, but it sure would be easier if I could figured out how to redistribute shields, etc.

Click on the center of the big circle on the HUD that shows your hull and shield health and it'll redistribute them evenly, click on one of the shields at the edge of that circle to divert shield strength to that side of the ship. Also, if you activate your tactical bridge officer's Tactical Team ability they'll do it for you.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm more interested in that Trellium-K. Trelyate!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Asimo posted:

As long as they can still see the disco ball, they'll be partying in their hearts. :911:

And as long as some hideous alien in a clownsuit is dancing in front of them.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I hope the disco nullifier also blocks nerve tonics, that would be worth the loss.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hal_2005 posted:

It's been 5 years since I logged in, but why not. Since apparently ARC linked my Swordsman online account up to my old account, I'd like to join the goon fun. @Hal2005 is goon name in crypticspeek.

On average how many guys still play this game still ? After they nerf the disco balls, what is there to do ? Can we still invade other people's bridges and roleplay sessions ?

There isn't much to do except shoot the same borg over and over, stab the same dinosaurs over and over, annoy the same RPers over and over, switch over to a Klingon to steal contraband. On rare occasion you'll be able to afford a ship that's actually fun to play.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bieeardo posted:

Ask them to make sure that the nullifier affects comet cocktails.

I thought it was nerve tonics.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I really hope they put in T6 variants of the event and lockbox ships. No reason not to, especially if they want new players to keep grinding for those ships. I wouldn't mind buying a few fleet modules to upgrade them, as opposed to upgrading them through the new crafting system.

Thom12255 posted:

If it makes you feel better he's been in Starfleet for 30 years and your character made Cadet to Admiral in less than a year.

Everyone gets a better deal than O'Brien, even Harry.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

g0del posted:

We all got spoiled by the disco balls (they were like easy-mode for trolling). Now that the people most bothered by them can turn them off, we need to figure out other ways to drive them crazy.

Triolic Pattern Enhancers seem to piss them off. Can't ogle what you can't see.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Decided to see what the STO pubs have been up to when they're not playing the game. Here's some of the more worksafe things I found on DeviantArt:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Drifter25 posted:

Are the Tal'Shiar Adapted Destroyer/Cruiser worth getting? If so, how much they going for now?

There are much better choices out there. I got one out of a box back when they were still fairly new, so I sold it and bought a Jem'Hadar Dreadnought. I've been flying it ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

"I should be the STO Community Manager! :qq:"

• Locked thread