Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.

Goat Pillager posted:

http://imgur.com/a/x7ryi

Here's a round 2 gallery of getting outside of ESD and exploring it.

Unfortunately pubbies have also figured out how to get into the shuttlebay and so on, meaning we won't get as many comedy tells about denalt hax.

Edit: adding another tiny gallery for the interested.

http://imgur.com/a/ZOrSI

In case pubs ruin this and Cryptic for once fixes something due to the frequency of people doing it, you can see the hidden ballship and what looks to either be a Steamrunner or a giant shuttle model tucked in the back.
Another album of our victory parade outside the Admirals window http://imgur.com/a/4HQnR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Asimo posted:

I kind of wish the forum included people's @handles so you could check and see exactly what ship-borne abortions they're flying. :allears:

He posts his build on page 4. Guess what, it's terrible!

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Asimo posted:

Fek'hiri are pretty deadly too, yeah. They spam charged particle burst which wipes out shuttle-level shields so everyone's vulnerable. The Kar'fi's poo poo out a dozen different fighters and the spirit things basically instakill whoever they go after. Most of the ships have cannon scatter volley, high yield tricobalts, or some other sort of AOE to unload on your unshielded hull, and the frigates cheerfully go invulnerable for ten seconds while still shooting you.

Really, the shuttle event makes me wish they did some more like these in the future. It's a really fun change of pace since you're so relatively vulnerable and everything's so chaotic... most of the enemy types become threatening in different ways, and all new sorts of equipment become useful (DBBs and single cannons; the proton weapon and gravimetric torp; etc). The problem really just seems to be that the existing shuttle events are poo poo to play, have crappy rewards, or both. Hopefully there's another big 20-man event with decent returns in the next content update.
Yeah, I've really enjoyed this event as well. Being a tiny little fighter trying to make bombing runs on a cruiser has reminded me of playing Freespace and has really made me want to bust that back out again.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Preechr posted:

The forums live again! Have an alternative Starfleet Dental logo in celebration!

It's... beautiful :golfclap: I was going to have a go at making a new one myself but that blows my idea out of the water.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

UoI posted:

Even Enterprise was higher voted than DS9 iirc. That's when I lost all faith.

loving really? God drat pubbies loving god drat.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Okay guys :siren:COMPETITION TIME!:siren:

What with the crystalline entity event and pubbies being terrible at it I thought we could have a little challenge to see who can find the most stacks of Re-Crystalize! Just post a screenshot in the thread, highest amount wins.

Starting bid is 178 (it actually got to 180 but I didn't screen that)

Prize: 10 promotional bug ship doff packs.

End date: when the event finishes, September 11th :911:

Good hunting!

Bagpuss fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 24, 2014

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Acer Pilot posted:

e2: pubbies cried
And that's all I really ask for these days!

PM me and we'll sort your prize out.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Burning_Monk posted:

Rock and Roll:
Your ship performs an animated roll maneuver, preventing all incoming damage for a short duration.

I want this, I will have it.
Going to stick it on a rainbow Scim called Get Down And Boogie

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

MikeJF posted:

Dyson ground set is fantastic, nukara universal console is great if you're a beamboat, Dyson space shield is a fantastic cheap alternative to a Fleet shield if you don't have the credits.

Elite Fleet shields have become quite cheap, I think when the EC values of everything got slashed they were reduced as well. They are only 14K FC and 12.75K dil now so they are cheaper than the rep shields. I only just noticed this yesterday :downs:

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I don't think I've seen it mentioned in the thread before but those crafting doffs are a real kick in the nuts. A little while back I finally get beams up to 15, get all my bullshit together, go to craft my dumb arc laser and noooope, you need a special doff to do that. Now I've got this loving white doff that lets me make arc beams (if i ever had a need to make another one) that puckers my rear end in a top hat every time I go to throw doffs in the starbase furnace. It's been awhile so I remember the name now but for awhile there I would forget they exist, start filling projects, then a 3rd of the way through be all "oh no, what have I possibly done?" Expensive rear end mistake to be making.

I'm pretty sure bound doffs show they are bound on the feeding to the starbase list, if you stick them in an active doff slot to bind them then take them back out you'll have some sort of warning.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Tunicate posted:

Geko said on the latest Trek Radio that they're going to do a ground/space trait split.

What are the odds that this'll be another nerf? 4/4 split or something.

Oh absolutely it will and I've never been sure why people have been wanting it because there's no way it's not going to reduce the amount of traits we can have active.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Korgan posted:

Game is dying but we've still got incoming leaks, enjoy for the five of you still playing.
Holy :laffo: just old yeller this loving game already

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Mondian posted:

I'm guessing they scaled back the hardware after the DR flop and are just pretending its business as usual, but who knows?

Pretty much my thinking although nevewinter's new expansion just came out and people coming to try that might be impacting things as well.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Asimo posted:

Oh yeah! I completely forgot about that. Luckily, running bug hunt a hundred more times is pretty eas-

:effort:
Kobali ground gives you iconian marks and 2 balls per day thank god.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Yeah, it's the last 2, there's usually a few people around getting their daily APCs and now iconian things now I guess. The first one only takes so long because you have to stand there and cap 2 points.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Vell, Pulse's just zis guy, you know?

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/352/feature/9843/Star-Trek-Online-New-Armada-System-to-Benefit-Large-Small-Fleets.html

A new meta game for us? Can we make Xtern1ty to swear fealty to Dental?

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Preechr posted:

Borticus got into a fight on Reddit after being called out for constantly blowing smoke up Ath's rear end about why he didn't include a Zemok equivalent in the new doff pack.

":qq:I can't stop making poo poo up when I get backed into a corner, abloobloo:qq:"
Hahahahaha

fakemirage posted:

DJ Grom met his demise on Risa earlier today, as he was celebrating his 5th year anniversary as a DJ for SSR.
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Only that it's not going to be a holodeck failure simulator.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Asimo posted:

4/3! Well, I was close. :ughh: This is pretty much the most blatantly P2W sciboat (5 sci/4 tac consoles, 4/3 weapon loadout, Wells-level shield mod, hangar bay with decent frigates..), and more importantly, it's the first T6 science vessel for klingons and romulans and it's a super rare doff pack drop. The official forums and reddit pubbies and such are an even mix of the usual "time to drop $1000!! thanks cryptic!!!" mouthbreathers and with people who are clearly aware that something is rotten here but are unable to articulate it or are getting shouted/voted down by the first group.

gently caress this game.

HowCrypticStillMakeMoney.png

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

For some reason I'm not in TNG any more can I get a reinvite to the channel thanks!

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

DancingShade posted:

Almost certainly.

Might need to know who to invite though (account name).
OH derp @notcityofdoors

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Technical Analysis posted:

Just space her and be done with it.
Then hit her with the krenim eraser beam, problem solved.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Goofballs posted:

The 5 man content used to be really strong and you used to be able to make all currency you would ever need selling drops. Slowly and then with increasing speed it all went away, the fun mechanics, the currency and then the actual content I poo poo you not. One of the sto guys who stayed longer said the path was pretty much exactly the same as the one sto took just sped up. I dunno if you guys ever lost 2/3 of the endgame though.
I don't play neverwinter as much as STO but yeah, to me it looks like cryptic look all the lessons it failed to learn in delta rising and doubled down on them hard. I gave up trying to hit 70 3-4 times after playing for hours doing to same few things over and over again and gaining 1/3 of a level. The core gameplay is still fun but welp;

MikeJF posted:

Wait, did they just delete dungeons? How did they justify it? What happened?
IIRC they took most of the dungeons down to 'rework' them and months ago haven't bothered to actually put them back up.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Found a good sound track for the Wesley party

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1K_2u71AILJf0Trba9HZgchij2YDKIsu

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Hooray! Now I can finally fulfill my Tom Selleck role playing fantasies!

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

Berke Negri posted:

By making spacebar canon, apparently.

pmuch http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10010203-star-trek-online%3A-console-ui It would be nice if some of these things came back to pc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

18 Character Limit posted:

Artifact lines on Risa are becoming A Thing.
Oh, Cryptic...

HAHAHAHAHAHahahaha oh I loving love cryptic.

• Locked thread