Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Ask me about spending 10BUX to play with GOONS on a dead game!
Hi,
please invite @giotariz to TNG channel and Doktor Johann Von Hax@giotariz to Dental fed side.
Thanks

GioSPL fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

DancingShade posted:

What a dynamic and lengthy post history you have.

i'm with the government, you can trust me.

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Technical Analysis posted:

There's a reason we haven't had a J4G since the last one left. He was actually cool, and we don't want anyone ruining that.

you don't think i'm cool.
i'm triggered.

jokes aside, i'll try to be active on the forums and not just be a j4g, but originally yea i did find out about here just for the guild.

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Rahhmi posted:

You forgot your FYAD Introduction post. it's clearly said you must do this in the OP of this thread.

oh, hey you =D
yeah that's not going to work.

although i admit to stealing that technique in the past

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

BombermanX posted:

I'm not letting you join the fleet without the mandatory 3-month wait period inside Starfleet Dental Academy. Tuition is a mandatory 10mil.

-Butts

Wow.. for once Butts was on the right track! You lazy has-beens have totally neglected the academy and i hear from people that want to join it about 3 times a day.

So Don't invite me to dental.. make me leader of the academy.

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

It's interesting. I'm looking forward to this and new pvp changes, even though they're three/four years late. Too bad we won't actually know what rank/rating we are at.... i mean every game with a decent ranking system has that. However it's also pretty stupid trying to balance PvP engagements now that there's around 10-15 people max in the queues and most fly in a 5 man team anyways.

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

For once i agree with Cryptic. glad they gave SNBs back to Science only, giving it as a boff ability ruined class balance. and rock and roll fix is welcome.

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

DancingShade posted:

Pity. With SNB being a boff ability I was hoping the same would happen for Attack Pattern Alpha.

That would destroy class balance. Even though STO without classes would be interesting, i don't see the devs ever going for such a drastic change after 7 years of class-based gameplay.

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

DancingShade posted:

Look at little ol' you. Thinking classes are balanced.

They're not. but it would destroy class balance even more than how it is already

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

hakimashou posted:

They put the 'competitive pve queue' on tribble and apparently all 5 people need to cooperate together to open space doors or something like that.

If even one person resists and refuses to do it, it becomes impossible.

But do you get to shoot at the other team at the final room, or is it just who completes the run in less time?

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Oh well. at least it's more PvP. I'll need to bring my old fleet premade back, i have a feeling this will be fun

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

MeatloafCat posted:

In that case I'll keep going on the tac that I made to try out the TOS missions. Thankfully they haven't touched the festive party popper, so at least I have that.

there's also other poppers you should check out, the festive party horn is pretty spammy and the 7th anniversary party horn shoots red fish.

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

To whoever promoted me from newbie to j4g, thank you! feels good not to be stuck with the standard picture AND not having to pay for it! your 10bux will not be wasted!

I assure you all I will also enjoy my role as Chief Treasurer of Starfleet Dental Academy!

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

some pubby spergs just found out giving me fleet leadership is not a good idea, was some good fun

https://pastebin.com/NARCD7j9

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

BombermanX posted:

So... did you rob their bank and kick the fleet/disband it?

Edit: If you ever find Poison Ivey, Gio, send him my regards.

Yea, kicked everyone except the leader and took the bank. I then left so that fleet leader would think I was another victim. He fell for it and we'll have leadership again in a week or two. He also put another 100 million in the bank and I want that

GioSPL fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 18, 2017

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Preechr posted:

I'm sorry, but those tactics are reminiscent of Subspace Radio and do not reflect the high moral character we expect from a prospective Dentaleer.

That's because you don't know the full story... The fleet leader we're targeting is a sperg known for harassing anyone who does not follow him, for doxxing and for constant meltdowns against Dentals (among others) when his ERPing in local chat is rightfully interrupted. I usually don't gently caress with people's fleets but it was necessary

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Any of you can auth me on the wiki too so I can point out blatant mistakes in your old guides? username GioSP

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

amazing.

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Tuskin38 posted:

Someone messed up, the next summer event ship is in the Rep Reclaim store. No info other then name though.

some console, probably its, is also available for purchase in the Dil store for free.

Cryptic...

GioSPL fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 25, 2017

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Tuskin38 posted:

If you mean the Ion Stream Projector, that is the free heavy weapon everyone gets for their qualifying ships. It isn't a mistake.

nevermind then. thanks for clarification

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

wow, it really does look cool. I wonder how it would look on something really small like a Defiant or that new Miradorn raider that i need to buy anyway because perfect PvP ship...

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

MikeJF posted:

Like all raiders, it begs for pilot thrusters.

the new lock box raider has pilot maneuvers, hopefully it will apply to future raiders too

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Aleth posted:

Why can't we just jump straight to the blasting poo poo out of each other.

Now that Cryptic got them working again, arena queues are there just for that. Plus they feel a lot more fun now that the space revamp has fixed most of the unbalanced poo poo

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Aleph Null posted:

I think we've officially given it more thought than their writers did at this point.

Character writing in STO is abysmal, what did you expect? Characters are flat, annoying, personalityless plot devices there to spam you with a couple badly written voice lines, be useless in combat and that's about it. There's really few exceptions and he's not one of them

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Aleph Null posted:

I have an Orion lady captain. Her backstory is that she started as a slave, murdered the crew on her ship and took command..

So... Literally every KDF orion player's bio.

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Tigey posted:

The upcoming T6 Miranda and its KDF/Rom counterparts (QeHpu' Advanced Light Battlecruiser and Deleth Advanced Light Warbird), are all C-Store: they all have fleet variants.

I wonder what the Rom/KDF counterparts will be modeled after since we already have a T6 B'Rel/T'Varo/T'liss/D7.

Maybe a Vor'cha? Not a light battlecruiser, but still probably the only canon KDF ship not at T6... Even though I can't remember if the K'tinga has one.
For the Rom one I can't think of anything though, so it will probably be a previously unseen design

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Tigey posted:

The upcoming T6 Miranda and its KDF/Rom counterparts (QeHpu' Advanced Light Battlecruiser and Deleth Advanced Light Warbird), are all C-Store: they all have fleet variants.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10502673

C-store it indeed is...

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Wow. This is the best thing to have ever happened to this thread since... uh... probably since i joined in, this place was so bland and dead before.

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Nita posted:

So in other words, do it nonstop now.

Yeahh... Temptation of doing that is strong.

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

I got at least five different terminal diseases just by reading that. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Rahhmi posted:

So your Butt-buddy @GioTariz got with a few people and decided to post as "Friendly Refugee"s.. .except in his case it was "Friendly Truck Driving Refugee" complete with Merc gear, Turbans, and giant beards.

Naturally, a ban occured as they doubted he truly followed Sharia Law.

...Ban?

That means he Succeeds Butts as Dear Leader. So long Butts.

I bet he got himself banned just to get the job.

ugh... I'll have to agree with Rahhmi this time.
Also, this is a clear example of the developers' blatant Islamophobia. This needs to be exposed to the community.

On the topic of the succession you hinted at earlier... It's a great honor. I gratefully and humbly accept the position, and promise I will do everything in my power as the new Dear Leader to make this game truly great for everyone. It's a great responsibility, but I can guarantee the faith you put in me has not been misplaced. I cannot express my gratitude with simple words, but I solemnly swear I will carry out the tasks my role as new Dear Leader calls for, at the best of my ability.

GioSPL fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jun 9, 2017

• Locked thread