Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

It seems appropriate on the first page to praise Dukat and to remember to never believe the Bajoran lies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Vedek Bareil was the only good religious bijoran guy, and he got used by his evil rear end in a top hat Pope to become a Robocop and then he died.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/5002823

:getin:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I was wondering how I got the standard belt everyone in Starfleet wears.

Which doesn't matter at all I guess since I'm a Fedrom and we don't get to wear anything except catsuits.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

So is the only thing carrying over from the old crafting system these "Dabbler" and "Genius" titles for trying/mastering the system?

:cryptic:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Woolie Wool posted:

The Enterprise-C is particularly putrid because it has very few ways to significantly increase its damage or survivability. All the boff stations are basically useless.

The Enteprrise C is surprisingly survivable for being destroyed in history like, four times now

The thing just keeps going

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

They left their awful old crafting system in place too though, on Deferi the guy who crafts planet-specific stuff does it through the general crafting system window :downs:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Bloodly posted:

Did doing it give you skill, and if so, what in? I've still got a bunch of those on some characters from random messing around in Defera Invasion.

It did and gave my alt an achievement for simply making some Borg anti-borg things. Dabbler, ho!

Ed: As in it gave me 10 general skill points, not in anything new. This is like the old mutant system.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

New Romulus may be a wash for fun but they did give me a nanov giant fat baby octopus, so we're okay.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

There's a new gpl item on Tribble that makes it so sperfelords don't dance under disco balls anymore. I can't believe this was made.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Atrayonis posted:

Also NPC races.

wait aren't they just the doctor who potato motherfuckers

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Is it Cryptic's amazing PR department in charge of the whole "not hyping their own expansion" that hasn't even got a simple one-page blurb on the loader?

I mean, are they holding off telling the whales their stuff is poo poo to milk all the crafting dil they can before they tell them they just blew $500 on nothing?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Psycho Landlord posted:

the perverse glee we're seeing exhibited whenever a goon is suffering

Sums up the entirety of STO for me!

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Tighclops posted:

I know games like this are nothing but timesinks but that upgrade crap doesn't even seem remotely fun

That's why the whales will do it, because they hate fun and love burning money on autism.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I hope I can research super cats with Nepeta leaves :catdrugs:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Kazons are a race of people dressed like homeless guys and their hair the dude from Ancient Aliens

I sure want to drive that guy's hemp-smelling 88 buick regal

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The last DR mission was pointlessly long and unrewarding, a jumbled mess of plot points to which more questions were raised than answers given. It was truly Voyager.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Potatomen have taken over Risa.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=20077261

all them reward changes, mang

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

this game is Korean all right, North Korean

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I came back to check out the Xmas event and I am angry the Epohh lady doesn't say her lines for me. The ferengi talks a lot, but no DON'T YOU WANT~

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Also

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Dinictus posted:

Post it in that Design a DOFF thread already.

I forgot to and now I have done so.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21410101&posted=1#post21410101

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Did I win the design a doff contest yet

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Aw man, I lost. To that. I lost to Jan Darkrider.

:negative:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Acer Pilot posted:

did i win every contest yet?

Your prize is to give me all the ships

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Soviet Commubot posted:

From the Twitter he runs for his character, linked in his sig on the official forums. I don't have it in me to dig any further into that pile of crazy but it seems that he really, really likes ground combat, and ground combat only.

Also

:kheldragar:

:stonk:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I figured this game was going because they don't do anything to the engine and they kickback to CBS

I mean, it's not like they're going to redo the engine so

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Next up: Fill your ship with refined dilithum so you can fly places and do missions.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The real fun of STO is when you are flying your Miranda or Excalibur and life is shiny and new and you're just blasting fools.

That, and going into Quarks and busting out smoke and disco and having people blow their loving stack at you for interrupting their poorly-spelled public roleplaying of *smirk* *flirt* *smirks* and poo poo.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Every time I come to this thread someone at Cryptic flips down a switch and everything gets more awful, and for no other reason than "cause"

Truly Disco balls are to blame :911:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

my spacebar macro somehow stopped working and I got too lazy without it so I just stopped playing through the featured mission :effort:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

If you'd told me that space combat and ground combat would swap places entirely in terms of preference... well, I'd believe it, because Cryptic makes no sense and everything is designed by dartboard.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

im spi

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9067943-first-time-buyer-pack

bloody laugh this is

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Who needs traits when you can fly a roomba :colbert:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

There sure are a lot of free sets since last year. I assume the rep items I ground out long ago still are better than quest stuff.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Burning_Monk posted:

Generally yes, the Iconian sets being the best atm. But you can upgrade pretty much anything to usefulness now through the crafting system.

level 14 hyperpower ferengi whip :getin:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The Jem'Hadar of Fire Island Nebula :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Can Buschmaki continue to protect people for their own good, though

• Locked thread