Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be included in the "Big 4"?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 1 11.11%
Piper 0 0%
John Brown 0 0%
Cletus 0 0%
Diodeous 1 11.11%
Der Juicen 3 33.33%
Slywalker 0 0%
Zimbomonkey 1 11.11%
Texas A' Wreckus 0 0%
AfterFather 0 0%
God 3 33.33%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
:siren: I moved my bike for this season. Be afraid.

What better way to start off the new season than with a kickoff returned for a TD?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdkYYaylvx8

How about another kickoff returned for a TD?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHe73HGF0to

And a pick 6 to cap it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL82C9rLWKU

Not shown: any of Gardner's 5 rushing TDs.

Yeah, it was just Army, but I'm having fun with making highlights.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

John Brown posted:

Michigan (you have my consent to put 200 on Bama)
Well, I held them to 3 points, I think that works too.

Michigan over Bama, 17-3. 4 sacks (all from DT Pipkins) and 2 INTs. Last play of the game was a 4th and 10 from the 1 yard line by Bama. I wanted that safety so bad!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
AF, when can you play?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

AfterFather posted:

I'm free now and will be until 1 pm central tomorrow. Otherwise most nights after 10.
Probably a long shot - but I am online this morning and may be available over the next hour or two. Going to hop in the shower now though, away for 20-30 minutes.

Otherwise, we should probably plan for tomorrow night or Wednesday night - I've got two games with ZSB and I'd like to knock those out tonight if possible.

edit - I'll be hanging around here a bit longer this morning. Let me know if you'll be able to play.

edit edit - Heading out for about an hour now (it's 10am Central now). Will be back though if you can play!

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 12, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Great game AF.

Michigan squeaks by UCLA, 41-38. Won with a last second 50 yard field goal, on ice even. Ball barely made it through.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

AfterFather posted:

Great game cletus. I feel like the Dallas Cowboys with how I'm squandering my talent.
Yeah, I had to play almost perfectly and it still almost went into OT with the few costly mistakes on your side.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Wreckus, I'm pretty sure we have a game coming up next - in case we are advancing after your game with ND and you want to knock it out tonight.

My wife just left for overseas for the next 2 weeks so I'm free pretty much any night, so not trying to rush it!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Like I mentioned to Cletus, I won't be back until the Tuesday after Memorial Day so hopefully he doesn't mind waiting until then to play me.
Oh I don't mind - I just thought I'd throw it out there in case we could make it happen. I wasn't in any rush to do it. We're not advanced yet anyway!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Like I mentioned to Cletus, I won't be back until the Tuesday after Memorial Day so hopefully he doesn't mind waiting until then to play me.
I'll be online tonight starting around 7:30pm Eastern - if you can play tonight, let me know. If not, I'm open the next two nights too!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Sorry I missed you last night. I'll be on the next two nights also
Cool, I'm online now, going to eat something but I'll check in to see if you're online occasionally.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan falls to Penn State, 28-38.

Really good back-and-forth game, looked like it wouldn't get decided until the end, but then Gardner lost two fumbles to end the last two Michigan drives. Only turnovers of the game.

Hayes adds another return TD to make it 3 for the season and Beyer gets to 8 sacks.

GG Wreckus!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan over Illinois, 52-6.

Hayes adds yet another kick return TD, that's 4 now this season. And Gardner racks up 6 rushing TDs.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Yeah, if you were playing games fine before, then it does seem unusual that the wiring in your building suddenly went bad enough to affect your gaming (but presumably not your general web browsing?).

I had the same type of issue with Time Warner, they blamed it on my building, but it turned out it was a problem with their equipment in the area. Do you know anyone else in your building who is having similar problems?

Try these two sites:

http://www.speedtest.net
http://www.pingtest.net

What results do you get?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I think when he says Channel 1, he means the channels for the cable modem - not the router / WiFi. DOCSIS poo poo. I don't know THAT much about it, I just know when my internet was poo poo I had noticed I was missing a channel in my cable modem's status page.

Just like your router has an admin page (usually 192.168.1.1), your cable modem should have one exposed as well. It's probably 192.168.100.1. This will let you view the channels for the modem and determine which ones are missing or are having troubles.

I assume they tried giving you a new cable modem, right? I went ahead and bought my own cable modem, it's much better than the one I had with Time Warner (plus, they had me on one of their lovely modem+router combos, which I bridged to my actual router, but that was annoying because apparently they don't support you doing that). Buying your own modem won't magically fix the issues (it's possible I suppose!), but it may handle the lovely connection better. Not sure what cable company you're with, but I've already recouped the cost of the modem I bought since I pay 6-7 bucks less a month on my bill.

Unless you aren't a direct customer of the cable company, you should just keep calling them though. You're paying them for a service that they aren't providing. And like I said, my cable company also kept insisting the problem was with the wiring in my building.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Cletus and I duked it out and he was a big play or two away from winning. He led going into half time by 4 pts, but only scored a FG in the second half. Although the both of us made some errand throws that resulted in a couple of picks, I feel like my guys dropped a lot more. One play that stands out in particular was when you threw to your TE across the middle and I read it perfectly. Pretty much 2 of the 3 deflections I had were pretty easy picks. Regardless, you made some good calls but your passing really failed you. That stop I made after you picked me off the second time was HUGE.

Nebraska over Michigan 27-17.
Yeah, great game man! I think I should have been able to get you, but the pressure got to me in the second half for sure. This Michigan team is really good. Unfortunately for me you didn't let those two interceptions get you down.

Kicking off the second half with that huge pass only to get held to a field goal - that was where I felt my game broke down. And that second pick where you stopped me right after, I think that was the one where I had that insane punt putting you on your 1 yard line - letting you get that huge pass out of there was a heartbreaker!

And I was a little intimidated - I would normally have tried scrambling more with Gardner on passing plays, but after two fumbles cost me the game against Penn St, I think I only scrambled on one or two plays against you. I still just need to learn to throw the ball away!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Alright Dio, this is it! When is good for you?

I MAY be able to play tonight or tomorrow night. I'm afraid I won't be able to commit ahead of time right now, the wife and I are planning her birthday trip for this weekend and I don't want to rock the boat too hard. An early morning game is something I could probably commit to, though, if you'd want to try that.

Worst case, we'll have to play after I get back from our weekend trip.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

After the weekend sounds preferable to if you're on a tight schedule
Early tonight from 5:30-6:30 I could do, forgot I have to head home early today to let a maintenance guy in.

Otherwise, we can wait for sure. I can just PM you if I have any definite free time before though just to see if you are available. This is one of the two games I look forward to most in this dynasty. :)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Dio, tomorrow night just opened up for me, if that works. Wife's going to be out late.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

Yes, I should be home by like 5pm or so and can play anytime after
Cool, I should be home around 7pm - I'll hop online then.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I just remembered I have a training session from 730-830 so it might have to wait
No worries. We can probably do it after 9pm too. I have a small thing to launch for a client at 9 but it will only take a minute or two at most. It's possible I'll end up home by 6, too, if you feel like looking to see if I'm online.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I should be ready to go by 915 if you're game
Yep I'll be on.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Yeah the game fell apart quick on me. Worst game with Gardner all season, and now he's out for the rest of the season. Bummer!

GG!

edit - Gardner forced one of those fumbles though. :downs:

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 13, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan over Minnesota, 30-20.

Hayes picks up his 5th kick return TD for the season. Beyer gets two more sacks, one ended with a safety. Minnesota had 21 rushing attempts, with -2 total rushing yards.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 22, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Piper, I can definitely play tomorrow night from 6-8pm Eastern if you'll be around.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey Piper, think I saw you were scheduling an ACC game tonight. Will you be able to do our game here tonight also? I'll be free any time tonight starting around 6:45pm Eastern. I can play late tonight.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Piper posted:

can you go at exactly 7pm EST? My ACC game is 8pm EST
Yeah, I can - I can try to be online a little before that in case you're ready.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Piper posted:

good game, Cletus.

A dropped 3rd down conversion before halftime and a foolish INT while rolling out when I should have thrown the ball away will haunt me. I gotta play near perfect when I'm trying to beat an A team with a B team and I certainly didn't do that. Also, Cletus figured out he could run the ball for 8 YPC every down in the 2nd half and that was a problem... That 3rd and 17 QB scramble was a real kick in the pants, too. You used to be all run and option but you've turned into a very smart passer, Cletus.
Good game! Yeah, that dropped pass was a killer. Would have been a very different game, and what a simple pass for the game to decide it would get dropped.

This was my first game without Gardner as QB this season, so I really didn't want to put Morris to the test with a lot of option plays - he's a redshirt freshman if you can believe that after this game. So I was more cautious than usual with my passing plays, I think I only had one pass I really shouldn't have thrown. Luckily my HB is no slouch (he was just playing in Gardner's shadow all season), and you're right about me figuring out the running game in the 2nd half.

Not to add insult to injury, but here's the QB scramble that pretty much sealed the game. I would have had to kick a FG otherwise with too much time still on the board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz5ViVuAvKg

TWO MORE WEEKS, OHIO STATE

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Ohio State and Washington still have CPU games to play, other than the one user game happening around Tuesday.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

That's ok from my end, we are onto championship week next right?
The Game is next week. Conference championships are the week after.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Yeah, The Game, the one where I upset top-ranked Ohio State for the second season in a row!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

You've still lost your state twice in a row, homie!
Sorry to disappoint, but our season is a success when we win The Game. A loss to Michigan State may have just been what we needed to adjust our game to pull out a win against Ohio State, and that's how we look at it.

:downs:

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

FYI, I injured cletus's QB for the season when I played him, so you don't have to deal with Devin Gardner.
I probably would have done better against you if he had already been injured heading into our game. :)

Also, pretty sure I didn't have Gardner last season either. He is always one play away from injury. The way I use him as a crutch doesn't help that of course!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ZSB, lemme know when you can play! Tonight would be really tough but I could see about it if you can name times. Tomorrow will be a little iffy with the World Cup and my plans for the day, but night may work out. Monday evening will absolutely work though and will get us in right in time for the 72 hour window. Let me know your schedule.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Tomorrow or Monday can be made to work. Evening after all that is over is fine by me.
You around now? I have an hour or two window to play. It's 10:40am Eastern now.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Nah sorry man, just got up, let's shoot for tomorrow night I guess?
Sure, that's fine. If you do log in over the next few hours, definitely look for me - same for tonight. But tomorrow night is definitely going to work.

JB - I am going to be out of town next weekend FYI. Friday - Sunday, not long. Heading to the Seattle area for a wedding.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I'm available to play this afternoon if you make it on.
Just got back from being out for the World Cup. We should just plan on tomorrow night, preferably sometime between 7-9pm Eastern.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey ZSB, what time tonight do you think you can get on?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I can be on at 7 ET to knock this thing out.
Sweet, I'm home and ready when you are.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GG ZSB!

Ohio State had the lead the whole time, but it was looking good for Michigan up until an untimely pick 6 in the 3rd quarter. Almost got a safety off of it, he made the pick and got carried into the end zone, but was able to break away and made a monster return for the TD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS8T0BRt2ec

Bad throw on my part but drat that was so close to a safety. Amazing return there.

After that, it was a bit of a comedy of errors for me. More picks, a fumble.. Ouch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Yeah this was a tight game up till the end of the 3rd and then I scored twice in the last minute to put me up 49-21 which basically ended the game on turnovers. Team will play for TITLES.
BTW you totally jacked my guy Hayes from breaking the all-time single season return TD record. He's currently tied for it with 5 return TDs, and you stopped him like 3 yards short from getting the 6th. I don't know if the game keeps track of that record (I know I looked up the all-time single season record on an actual CFB stats website) though.

Recruiting seems to have gone much better for me this season. I'm excited to see the upcoming team.

• Locked thread