Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be included in the "Big 4"?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 1 11.11%
Piper 0 0%
John Brown 0 0%
Cletus 0 0%
Diodeous 1 11.11%
Der Juicen 3 33.33%
Slywalker 0 0%
Zimbomonkey 1 11.11%
Texas A' Wreckus 0 0%
AfterFather 0 0%
God 3 33.33%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
*ahem* I won the UCLA-USC game. Still nice write up. A----- would read again. Z, I'm good most the weekend, perhaps tonight if the ACC game doesn't happen. Post when you'd like to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Just realized your post did not indicate evening. Honestly 10 or 11 AM central would work best so let me know if you can support that, otherwise I'll have to ask the wife when I can play this evening.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
DJ, unless Makev rogers up soon in the ACC thread, I can go if we start by 8PM central tonight...you ready for some revenge?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Same deal DJ, I can go tonight at 8 central if makev doesn't Roger up from acc

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I could maybe do tonight at 10 otherwise tomorrow AM would work. Keep an eye here I guess?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

der juicen posted:

Let's try for 10. AM would be terrible, as I figure I'll go to sleep around 5AM.

I'm allowed to play, see you in an hour.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Well I was going to not try to hard for the Heisman this year but then DJ knocked out my starting running back for the next three weeks on the first play from scrimmage. Morgan, who won the Heisman last year, is his backup and went off against a user for 200+ yards and 3 scores and he did so again against Oregon St. So looks like I may have to go all Archie Manning on this dynasty. USC r2a.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I just played in an ESPN instant classic against the computer :negative:

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
That's ridiculous. What does that boil down to...5 test questions over your whole college education? I had a teach in high school that would give anyone who was close the next higher grade since "our education system isn't precise enough to drop someone half a grade just for missing one question".

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Zimbo, when do you want to go? Most evenings work for me.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I should be all good tonight NLT 830PM CDT. Post when you want to go.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Same deal, I think I'm good every night up to 830 central so post when works for you.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Same deal Zimbo, I'm good from around 430 to 900 PM central start time tonight.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Logging on now

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

Good game Sly. Sorry I denied you a thrilling overtime by going for 2 at the end but I had some people pestering me to get offline. Still, I'll see you in the championship.

No worries, I considered it myself until I realized that my goaline D was the only D that showed up today.

USC squeaks by Washington in a nail bitter. Close one score game throughout with Wash having a slight edge by winning the toss and grabbing an early INT (on a desperate 3rd and 23 pass after a sack on a screen). We continue trading TDs and a FG each until, with 3 minutes left, Wash is forced to go for it on a 4th and 7 at midfield. I get my first QB pressure of the game when my MLB splits the A gap and grabs a sack moments after the snap. I'm already in field goal range so I'm just running the ball as much as possible when DJ breaks wide open and I am quickly trying to figure out if I want to score to duck out of bounds. Due to my indecision I hop out on the 2 inch line and then score 2 play later. Zimbo then decides to return the only KO of the game despite being 8 yards deep and takes it to my 40. He gets it to my 5 with 80 seconds left and I start burning timeouts but he manages to punch it in with 40 seconds left on 3rd down (oh man if you had to wait one more down and burned the clock until there was no time left...that would have been intense). He scores and goes for the aforementioned 2 but one of my linebackers jumps infront of the pass at the last second and grabs the INT to seal the game. Good game Zimbo. #2 on my ESPN classics, makes me wonder what is #1.

I need to figure out how to stop you. I may have you 2 games to 1 but my victories are always by the skin of my teeth and your victory was sound and assured. I was keying in on Austin and double teaming him and you'd still get a pass off to him. I feel like maybe if I could press him I might have some luck but I don't think you can press a close in TE.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Can't remember if I've played this week or not, sim me if I haven't.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

John Brown posted:

Wreckus, do you want to try and play at some point today?

E: Sly is gonna boast the best rated team for the remainder of this dynasty's existence.

Too bad the ratings stop at 99 :-). I'd I get some nice recruits this week? USC vastly improves the second year just by redshirting everyone the first season.

Piper I can go anytime starting Tuesday mid morning.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Let's shoot for 530 Eastern then, does that work?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
If you can go any sooner, let me know. I'll be around starting now. Otherwise 530 eastern still works.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

The Piper posted:

Oh well... It's not a conference game.

That's exactly what I was thinking as you destroyed me early in the game. It was suffocating, like playing JB or Z in season 1 of the ACC. That fumble was definitely the turning point. It seemed like before that the CPU was trying to give you the game and afterwards it wanted to give it to me.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

John Brown posted:

Well, at least you won the PAC before you went out. Very impressive especially with Sly playing out of his mind in this league.

I've had 3 losses in this league so far...just can't let it go can you. Well someone else needs to come to the PAC-12. In about two weeks I'm moving to Italy and won't have access to my xbox for 2 months. Once I do get it...I guess it will be up to the league if people think they could deal with me being in such a different time zone.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
My game is done, zoned out there for most of the game and called it like my RTG games. Didn't realize until at the game recap when I had 47 rushing yards...oops.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

AfterFather posted:

Sly when do you want to play?

My schedule this weekend starting now if very hit or miss so post when works for you and I'll let you know when would be best.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

AfterFather posted:

I'll be free most nights after 10 and free all weekend.

How late tonight do you mean by after 10? Could go at 2 AM eastern later tonight (full disclosure I won't be drunk). Otherwise I could probably play Sunday afternoon but I won't know when until that day.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

AfterFather posted:

Really late. I'm up most nights.

Look for me at 2AM eastern (10 hours 15 minutes from now)

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
USC over UCLA 34-28. I gave myself what I thought was a comfortable 17 point lead before AF brings it to within 6 after a pick and a FG. Seemed like my Oline just dominated the whole game as my "bad" runs were 3 yards. In retrospect I should have gone for it on that 4&1 instead of kicking the FG as being up by 6 isn't much better than 3 late in the game (I'd rather encourage you to kick a FG than force you to score when you are throwing the ball well). GG AfterFather. Having the whole season be moot basically before this game is quite anxiety provoking.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

John Brown posted:

I can't wait until you guys join us in the B1G next season. Should make things interesting for Ohio State.

Let's try to advance after Piper and Dio play their game.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the teams and conference alignments.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Home

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
That's ok from my end, we are onto championship week next right? When do you want to go Zimbo? Sometime midafternoon works on Sunday or Saturday unless you are up super late Afterfather style. I may get some more times to play in the morning and midday if we decide not to go anywhere. I'll let you know.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
:saddowns: need a South Carolina loss. Go Clemson.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

John Brown posted:

Dishonorable Mention: #1 G-Tech vs #2 ULL for the BCSNC...

Somewhere virtual Boise is rolling over in their grave.

So I'm still stuck in hotel with crappy internet for the forseeable future Dio. I'd like to the give the game a try if we can and see if we have same problems that Z and I did. I could start midday absolutely NLT 3PM Eastern or I could give it a go at 1030PM Eastern. I'd almost prefer the late night game as in the wee hours here, I hear the internet is better but I'd be annoyed if I woke up to play a game and it still doesn't work. Let me know your thoughts Dio.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

I work every day so it has to be the night game. How is Wednesday for you?

Thursday night would work better for me.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

That should be fine

Would you be able to go a bit later like 11 or 1130 PM eastern on Thursday? Turns out I go in a but later that day.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

I can't guarantee but I can try. I wake at 630 every morning so I can't start any later than 1130

Let's aim for Thursday night at 11 PM eastern then. If you'd rather go Saturday morning to early afternoon I probably could I just hate to hold up the dynasty this much because of my difficult schedule.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
11 Seniors getting drafted. Only one underclassman leaving, some scrub frosh who wants more playing time. Marquis Lee has been sitting at 99 OVR for two years now and has yet to try to leave.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

The score does not really bely how much sly was in control the whole game. I had a lot of trouble moving against his defense and then his TE and Marqise Lee were just uncoverable. If I committed my safety to anything up giving help over the top Lee would break free. Lots of weapons there, but that secondary was truly frightening. My top two receivers never got separation the whole game

It's actually a little funny, that period where my defence was truly dominant and you threw a few picks was when I started calling regular Cover 2 and Cover1 man covereage. No blitzing or anything goofy. I don't watch my secondary when I'm on D so I can't speak to your seperation. Lee is nice to have, he either gets and immediate release or never will so I can ignore him and when you'd then move the safety up to the line...it was a good day. I've been lucky this season here and in the ACC with my two TE, both were (probably) the best in the league and had speed in the 80s but running ability like a running back. Corso's comment about too fast for LBs and too big for CBs was written for them. They shall be missed :salute:.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Usc rta

Welcome Les Miles to sunny LA.

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 26, 2014

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
USC r2a.

Good luck next season y'all. I don't think I'll get all 22 starters above 90 OVR but it will be close. I will be the biggest limiting factor to this team's greatness. Oh and Marquis Lee is just silly, right now he'd be an 85 OVR half back.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Ugh that was probably the worst round of cuts I've had to do. #bigschoolproblens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I tried posting a go by in the ACC thread but based on everyone's replies it seems like we all do the same thing. I dump all my coach points into recruiting (other than antifreeze since I so depend on last second FGs) but otherwise...

Edit : I think I never mentioned pipeline States. I hit hard to establish those in the three big football States (TX, CA, FL). Not only are the bonus points nice but I feel like you get more recruits interested in you at the beginning of the season which is big. I may care too much about them: I left two scrubs on my team just so I'd keep Texas as a pipeline state.

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 28, 2014

• Locked thread