Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

bull3964 posted:

What's nice is we still have Colbert.

Seth Meyer's Closer Looks have been consistently more entertaining and intelligent than whatever Colbert's been doing on his show regarding the news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I'll check out some recent COlbert shows if you guys say he's found his teeth again. I just tuned out hard when he stopped being funny and smart way back when.

bull3964 posted:

I'm not sure I even like the framing of what Colbert is doing as rejecting being non-partisan. Calling Trump on his bullshit is called being a rational human with empathy and shouldn't be aligned on party lines.

Trump's bullshit, but the GOP is for sure enabling that crap to slink their petty poo poo through.

Trump's a stupid bully and the GOP is the corrupt principal that doesn't give a poo poo about it so long as they can avoid the blame.

The dems are the spiteful special needs kid who would be a bully if they could, but they lack the coordination.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is there a reason why LWT has been so stingy on uploading stories to YouTube this season?

Maybe they want to pump up the HBO numbers and encourage people to pay for the show.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Canned Panda posted:

I need to get myself a high quality screenshot of that Chef Boyardee funeral.

Every time someone plops out a can of that poo poo into a bowl it's a funeral for hopes and dreams.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I know this is only tangentially related, but I'm glad Stephen Colbert and his writers were basically forced to go back and be political. He is much more enjoyable now as a result.

And Seth Meyers' Closer Look segments are the bees knees. Better than Colbert's stuff on most days.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Those republican congressmen are dumb as loving retarded bricks of pigshit when it comes to understanding even the basics of earth science.
It infuriates me.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

IRQ posted:

No, I vote because if I didn't I'd have no right to complain about our lovely government as much as I do.

It's just really annoying to see the same old nonsense about a non-vote being the same as a vote for Trump. It's just not true, and you can't blame anyone from a populous area feeling disenfranchised over Cletus the Slack Jawed Yokel in Montana's vote counting for many times more than theirs. Because that's hosed up.

Haha bullshit about the bolded. Voting (in a non-swing state) is, like the LEAST loving effort you can put into "having a right to complain". If you're out canvassing the area and trying to inform potential voters or volunteering at getting out the vote/gathering and signing petitions/writing your representatives THEN you have a solid right to complain. Voting (in a non-swing state) is literally like LIKE-ing a starving orphan in Somalia's Facebook page so you can say you helped them.

OR, EVERYONE has the right to complain about poo poo if it impacts them negatively - it just matters morally upon whether you're a lovely rear end in a top hat FuckYouGotMiner/Racist or not. You're a better person though if when you complain and ask yourself "so what do I do about it?" you can actually say you've tried to act upon and improve the situation in some way.

I 100% agree with your second paragraph, though. Hopefully once people start dying off over the next ten and fifteen years we can get those swing states to elect less pieces of poo poo retards.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

IRQ posted:

I did that in '08 and was pretty disappointed. Not like, holy poo poo Trump is the president disappointed, but Obama didn't even TRY for single payer and did a lot of stuff I really wasn't happy with. I didn't do anything for Bernie besides donate because now I have a full time job and I'm loving tired.

In conclusion gently caress off with the self-righteous assumptions.

So read the rest of my loving post.

• Locked thread