Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It helps that he has a week to produce a half-hour, instead of doing 22 minutes every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Maybe they're just setting up for a future "a place you think so little about" gag.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Krowley posted:

Last I checked reddit was actively being astroturfed by stormfront and other white supremacist groups
The day GBS 2.0 went into effect, and all of the "catlady brigade" rules were lifted, the entire subforum was inundated with racist bullshit, to the point that the mods had to be like, "Okay, still no rules, except for racism. Sexism and everything else is still cool, but no racism."

People on the internet are just the worst, no matter where you go. And everybody accepts this, but pointing out that those same people are actual people, and exist, and are everywhere and not just on the internet paints you as the PC police, and you get your poo poo shut down super fast.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Love Crime posted:

Not necessarily true. First movies have to double their gross because theaters get 50% of it,
This isn't even close to being true.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

raditts posted:

well, I watched "Team America World Police" one time, and
This post is maddeningly accurate. I've been in so many disagreements that ended with somebody referencing that exact scene.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Undeclared Eggplant posted:

I still love his longer pieces, but the news of the week part at the beginning is getting more and more tedious. I don't even watch much other TV, but I feel like I've heard/seen a millions comments/jokes on the Holocaust centers and chocolate cake thing already. Surely our President and his press secretary have said something else dumb, but less well known this week.
The show is literally called Last Week Tonight.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

I know its been said many many times including by Oliver himself... but God drat does he waste a ton of HBO's money. They must really like the guy.
Considering the big stunts are great for attention and are hugely entertaining, I don't see how you could call it a waste. It's just... a budget.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

No new ep tonight?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Every time I hear somebody in my periphery talk about how unfair a boss or HR was to them about a bogus sexual harassment claim, I ask women who know them if they're a creep and whoops! Turns out they always are!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

GutBomb posted:

I don’t even get Democrat party. Is there something I’m missing or are they just getting the name wrong on purpose to “own the libs”?
I'm pretty sure it's because Democrat is a person and Democratic is how we run our government, so they say Democrat party so it sounds like a party of Democrats, the people we've been saying suck forever, and not Democratic party which sounds like a party run democratically.

Right-wingers are crazy good at language warfare.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Phenotype posted:

Except that I'm not really open to discussion because I don't care that much,
Man. This must be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It's always bugged me when people compare the government budget to a household budget not just because it's an asinine way of looking at things that don't translate at all, but because even if you buy into that metric, the crowd who champions that simplistic view of things would take one look at the family budget and decide that the first thing to eliminate is food.

• Locked thread