Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It's got mechanical appeal but it doesn't have the stylistic appeal to really take off. The mid 90s 2D look isn't a popular one. Bought it because it's a great idea well executed.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Anyone using the Angel and Bob's combination? I'm waiting for the last few mods to get updated for 0.15 and then be confused by the extra complexity.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Chev posted:

Fair enough. I guess as long as you build a nice big centrifuge farm getting U235 the natural way may be viable.

From what I've seen somewhere between a dozen and twenty centrifuges should be enough to run four reactors with no extra processing. I'm running two with less centrifuges for 160MW of power.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
There is Coal in tier 4 but you don't get a train at that point, instead it's a Factorio style car which you can record automated paths with and it can load from a depot. It had poo poo efficiency with Biofuel and I found it to be a pain due to conveyors not being floor level. The coal is in some really weird spots that I think are supposed to force you to conveyor them out to a depot.

The space elevator is a pain in the rear end due to it's footprint and I'm not sure where best to put it. It's hilarious that you still have a base marker on your compass after placing possibly one of the biggest structures in an FPS game. Turn around until you locate the mile high cable...

Carecat fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 9, 2019

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Any good mods to go alongside k2? It touches quite a lot of tech so I doubt it would be very compatible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

necrotic posted:

40 every 60 seconds from the greenhouse. I plopped down 4 as soon as I could and that was more than enough for me to automate further and then building more as needed wasn't a problem.

Yes, greenhouses have served my needs fine for coke and basic cards.

Trying to sort out oil is a much bigger pain in the rear end. Can't even drive around because the car wants fuel.