Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

As someone who hasn't followed Superior at all beyond the first few issues, I gave Amazing a shot and thought it was pretty awful. Just a lot of fluff and dumb jokes with Ramos in top form at drawing the shittiest-looking characters.

I did like the Black Cat mini, though. The art was really good, and while it's not a character I ever had any fondness for, that was a pretty good setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

NoMoneyDown posted:

And I love that they have a side comic that explains how Spiderman's powers work, when

You don't get it someone ELSE was bitten and we never knew about it!!

The whole "secret origin" trope is one of the absolute dumbest gimmicks in comics.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Isn't it Marvel's best selling book by far?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

When it goes into crossover territory, don't bother with Minimum Carnage. It's soooo bad.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Senor Candle posted:

What? Despite what we all think about Greg Land, people still buy his books. Collen Bunn isn't bad and there are people who actually like Hopeless.

I think you're being extremely optimistic about how well this Spider-Woman book is going to sell.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

I really wish Dan Slott would get off the book because I miss reading Spider-Man. This Spider-Verse stuff is at least giving me some side books to read, but I miss the main book and it's all actually just making me bummed.

I'll admit I don't hate Dan Slott, but I have no interest in reading the main book either. I sure hope Spider-Man and the X-Men is good!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I don't really have a beef with Slott the way other people here do, but yeah that was some garbage right there. I'm not even a fan of that show and it bums me out and makes me not want to read his comics ever.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Die Laughing posted:

Spider Girl was really good in Avengers Assemble.

Yeah I've never read anything else with that character, but AA made me like her a lot.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Nowadays a lot of that is probably also due to the films.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I like the old costume. It's kind of dumb superhero tacky. I wish they'd kept the mask at least. Not really a fan of that design, I agree it's not very Jessica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Or it could be that DeConnick is just kind of a middling writer since she has yet to do anything that's at all outstanding in or outside of Marvel

• Locked thread