Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Toxxupation posted:

Spider-Man is excellent, yes, and this is coming from a guy who felt that Miles' Ultimate run was mixed at best (although he was an excellent character in it).

Shinjobi posted:

The only warning I give for reading Miles Spider-Man is beware if you're not a fan of the venom blast.

It doesn't bother me too much, but it does others and I totally get why.

Hmm. Well, I'll give it a shot and see what happens when we get to it. I don't mind it too much but every subsequent time of "oh man, this villain is way out of Miles' league, good thing he managed to zap the venom blast in!" got more annoying than the last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Haven't gotten to Conway's run but I did enjoy Spiral quite a bit, so i'm down for whatever this ends up being.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I've just realised one downside of the RYV announcement: with the cancellation of Web Warriors and likely any future appearances of Mayday/Spider-Girl (especially since so much of her character got hollowed out by Slott in Spider-Verse), it's entirely possible that she's going to be overshadowed by Annie as the daughter of Spider-Man in a few years.

:smith:

Yes, I know I'm probably the only person on the planet that cares.

Now I'm double down for it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yost's movie projects are all wrapping up, right? think we got a chance to complete the Spider-Family and get some Scarlet Spider action once the Clone Re-Saga ends?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I wish but probably not, it just didn't sell well enough. :smith:

I really just want some sort of resolution to Aracely, even if it's just Nova going "oh, hey, I just got off the phone with my friends the New Warriors who all retired to a farm in Iowa to plant tomatoes." It's depressing having the last time you see the character being wrecked by Morlun and then Kaine never even acknowledges it.

I mean, it ran for two years unlike most comics that end in a year or even just half a year, they're bringing back ANGR (though that's probably just because agents of shield) it's not a total financial error to bring Kaine back for a solo run to finally get Aracely's story, right? :smith:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Sunday is usually the bigger recap comic, right? Can the Mystery Puncher strike a fourth time? :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well, Web Warriors wrapped up today.

That sure is a thing that happened.

That sure was a comic that Marvel published.

I'm fairly certain I will have forgotten by this time next year it was even a thing. And not even on purpose!

I don't think i'll even remember Web Warriors when it comes out on Unlimited, could you post what happens?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

Not so far but the theory is the guy in the Jackal mask is actually Ben Reilly and not Miles Warren. Because we saw Miles Warren and he was old with a mustache, which the person wearing the Jackal mask didn't have.

After that thing where one of the Spider Queen's goons who had a blue hoodie turned out to be Captain America (because blue, red And white on the design), i'm entirely ready for someone to be hinted to be Ben Reilly but not because lol.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

And Sinister is blatantly a Scott/Jean shipper.

Now I understand why he's always depicted as an insane, depraved nutjob.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The page with Annie May asking for light-up shoes and billie and joey and the pancakes is so packed. I love it on the side that we're so used to decompressed storytelling nowadays that seeing a lot happen in a page is cool and also just how hectic and crammed the family life feels that's just so genuine. I'm loving this. :3:

Pureauthor posted:

The Earnest Adventures of Spider-Dad gave me diabetes. :3:

I am dead. I will not be able to enjoy the entirety of The Earnest Adventures of Spider-Dad because it is so adorable that I died before finishing it.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 10, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Spider-Dad seemed vaguely familiar for some reason and now I found out it's because the author does that sorta comics on his tumblr. Needless to say, it's also adorable. :3:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rhyno posted:

The new Venom is not what I expected it to be at all.

Is it Scott's double-secret real living body???

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So he's back I guess. When's Kaine tho??

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Uh, Kaine's already back or are you not actually reading the crossover?

I just glanced at it after making the post. Hope we get a Kaine solo out of this? idk, i'm on Unlimited time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Getting my hands up in the air to give Yost my power for him to write.

Timing-wise, this would probably mean Clone Conspiracy is the last big thing and there'll probably just be a couple of issues to cap off the run after it?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Kaine back to dying (i guess? not following exactly), Ock has an out to come out of this alive and Peter no longer owning a company, other other toys Slott's been putting back to how they were? Some that still need to be put back in the last second like Bendis reviving Wasp at the end of his run?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Huh? Both Wasps are around now, though? Am I missing something?

Yeah, that's what I meant. Bendis had killed Janet back early in his Avengers run, then in the final issues four years ago he brings her back rather suddenly, thus putting the toys back where they were.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So. Normie likes Annie May.

Conway is doing this on purpose, right? it's not just a dumb coincidence i'm looking too into? also cute issue but i'm very ready to stop starting issues in the past but with a different POV.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I get that, and the idea is fine, just don't dig the execution.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Vince MechMahon posted:

Wait a second. I just realized that she's literally named Anime.

And we see the face of a normie liking anime.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Molecule Man didn't bring Rio back for Miles and his Dad to mess with her like this. :mad:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rhyno posted:

"I'll just tell everyone you cheated on me" is epic levels of bad writing.

I'm still haunted by that one interview Bendis gave where he mentioned being done with Miles but being in the writer's retreat and digging the post secret wars ideas too much to let him go. In a better world, Robbie Thompson is writing Spider-man and it just concluded a Silk crossover where they talk about how important and good family is.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

I'm haunted by that now, since this is the first time I've heard of it. I dream of a brighter day.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/brian-michael-bendis-on-the-evolution-of-ultimate-spide-1756865129

BMB posted:

I’ve been working on the book constantly since 1999 [laughs]. The experience never goes away. The only difference is that I had, at one point, resigned from the book. I was like “Oh, Miles is gonna come to the proper Marvel universe, I guess I’ll tip my yarmulke and bow out,” and ride out into the sunset thinking we’d taken [Miles Morales] much farther than we’d ever thought we would be able to.

What I didn’t know at the time was how much real estate there is for Miles in this universe. I didn’t know he was going to be on Mark Waid’s Avengers team. I didn’t know Dan Slott’s plans for Peter Parker that would basically need someone like Miles to take the more traditional Spider-Man role in the Marvel Universe. These things we so exciting, and there were so many story ideas that we were at a Marvel retreat—which is when we all get together in New York, and talk about our stuff—and I turned to Axel [Alonso, Marvel’s Editor-in-Chief] and said “I didn’t know what was happening, I’m not sure I want to leave the book!” and he said “Yeah, we didn’t think you were. We didn’t make plans, we thought you were staying!”

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Straight up, that Avengers Annual about Kamala reading all sorts of Marvel Fanfiction and finishing with Miles' furry self-insert/Kamala fluff felt like the best exploration of Miles himself as a character in years.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Bendis Vs Slott: Whoever wins the longest run, we lose.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/852997417481981953

I don't believe for a second that this story will be even remotely close to whatever Bendis had planned after Spider-men. That said, here's hoping it'll be his big finale to his Miles run.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Not feeling PP #1.

Don't do this to me, don't do this to me now. I need this Rhyno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

X-O posted:

I did too. I was both surprised and happy to see they brought back a specific one appearance character from a book I think very few people actually read. I really liked Teresa Parker in the Family Business book

I completely lost it when that happened.

Issue was alright imo, I was hyping myself up too much, but it's setting some neat things.

• Locked thread