Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I thought that whole page was great. It's a little "Oops I forgot to explain this" and a little "loving christ it's a comic book do I have to show one of the healer mutants or super science doctor kits every time someone gets hurt or can we just accept that they are running around doing that stuff off panel."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Suben posted:

Poor Overdrive, he just wanted to be like Hawkeye, Quicksilver and all the other Avengers and work as a petty villain so all the heroes would see he's cool and let him reform. :smith:

I would unironically love it if this worked out for him in the long run.

He'll probably go back to being a randomly used c-list villain, but just put someone awesome on his solo book and we could have the next Hawkeye.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You mean dinosaur toys aren't made with real dinosaurs? :(

http://what-if.xkcd.com/101/ Kind of a fun one.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Is that really all you took from that book? Something like 700 pages and all you know is it has video game references. His new book 'Seconds' is really good and has 0 videogame references. It does have the multiverse, sort of I don't know why he was suggested to write this in particular though.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Myrddin Emrys posted:

I noticed that too. On one hand, I'm not sure what this means about Peter. On the other hand, yay for more Miles.

I'm seeing a GIANT nova in the back left, panther-person Black Panther, a guy I don't recognize between SamCap's wings, what looks like 1614 or whatever year that was Daredevil, 2099 Ghostrider, and like 3 versions of the Wasp. Also our Hyperion fighting classic Hyperion. This is just Secret Wars Many Universe Jumble Pack. I'm sure Peter will be fine.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Avengers World is OK. It's just three short unrelated arcs with small teams happening and being printed in parallel instead of sequentially. It's no Superior Foes, but it's fine.

Superior Foes still hasn't told us who got the crap kicked out of him in Boomerang's place has it?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
So does Spider-Phoenix have a world? I thought he was our Peter. I don't really get the multiverse sometimes.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
He is arching his back like crazy. That's really not how you are supposed to lift/hold up things. Use your legs!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

enigmahfc posted:

It does look like a Young Avengers thing, like something a teenage Hero would wear. It reminds me of Kate Bishop/Hawkeye. If this was a new character taking on the Spider-Woman mantel, it would make more sense.

Has Land draw Anya recently?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Norman Osborne who is currently a different person until within three arcs of whoever takes over after Slott.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Which one is that?

I just want more sp//dr one shots, or mayeb a tv show. I feel like I haven't seen them since the one shot.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'm pretty sure he was a teacher in the Other but that all got wiped shortly after by OMD/BMD.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

notthegoatseguy posted:

Peter stopped teaching after he unmasked. People were protesting outside the school and all kinds of crazy poo poo. Even in the alternate universe where OMD never happened, any principal or superintendent would have some very big issues with Peter because he is either an outlaw or a public superhero who has to make time for his heroics at the drop of a hat.

You are right, I totally forgot Civil War happend around all this. I read it all in a row so it kind of blurs together.

This, however:

quote:

Actually that isn't true, both in what actually happened and that "OMD/BND" (which one is a very specific story and one is encompassing like 3 years worth of several stories) actually "wiped" anything (it didn't)

Is :goonsay: as gently caress. The one directly triggered the other.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I pretty much only read trades from the library but I'm going to buy the gently caress out of this book.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Spider-Man: Lethal Protector.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Nick Fury's Secret War

The Question IRL posted:

It's Secret Wars 4. Secret Wars 3 was a storyline in the Fantastic Four where the Beyonder and Molecule Man do the Fusion dance and become a Cosmic Cube.

Wait is this real?

That would explain a lot about what MM and Doom are up to.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
SpiderGwen and SP//dr were both great but as a former teenage anarchist I find myself wanting to buy two copies of the Spider-Punk issue so I can frame the whole thing.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
They are both hit or miss. That's fine, lots of people are like that. Loeb kept doing terrible things in the name of a dead boy named Sam but once he started writing about a live one he knocked it out of the park. Apparently Dan Slott wrote something good once. Bendis.

These things happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

WickedHate posted:

Just goes to show that there are no bad characters, just bad writers. It's amazing how everyone did so much better with Spock then Slott did, and now it's the same with Silk. Dude should just show up to the office to write ideas on a whiteboard for everyone else.

A Hawkeye solo book? No way that'll ever be worth reading.

• Locked thread