Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Edge & Christian posted:

a) An explicit statement that Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider "thirteen years ago" (2001)
b) Scenes of a dude filming Spider-Man's first public appearance with his iPhone (2007) to post on YouTube (2005)
c) 80% of the people in that backup were drawn to look straight out of 1961

It's a StarkPhone and it's StarkTube, both which - thanks to salvaged Kree tech - were invented 10 years earlier than IRL. See, solved! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I now fully understand when people say that ignorance is bliss. I want to go back to thinking that dinosaur toys are technically made with dinosaurs.

*May contain traces of genuine dinosaur.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

JoylessJester posted:

Uh... why did Spider-Uk call everyone mum?

It's how some Brits said "Ma'am" decades ago. Which is also when people stopped saying "Ma'am".

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Skwirl posted:

Slott's also writing an Allred drawn Silver Surfer, there's no justice.

Silver Surfer is pretty good in my opinion though. Just because the name Slott is on the cover doesn't mean it's automatically bad.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Deadpool posted:

Yes, Spider-Woman was great. I know people hate on Hopeless for those books he wrote that I never read but this was good stuff. All of the Spider books are fun right now, it's a good time to be a Spider fan.

Lurdiak posted:

Spencer and Hopeless are not writers anyone should hesitate to dislike.

As always when people complain about Hopeless I need to chime in that he wrote X-Force just recently, which was a pretty entertaining series. He can do good stuff if he sets his mind to it. It's just always the question if you get X-Force-Hopeless or Avengers Arena-Hopeless.

And Spencer wrote Superior Foes. Anyone who hates that is suspect anyway.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

CharlestheHammer posted:

No one knows what fridging means.

Its not a term that is used in comic books, its only really used outside.

It would make no sense considering its based on a DC story.

DC comics do exist in the Marvel universe tough. Characters like Batman and Superman get referenced frequently.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Blockhouse posted:

The Batgirl character was never trans and one of those rare actual instances of people being mad over nothing

Yes, that's also what was my impression when reading the comic - the villian wasn't trans at all, he just dressed up as Batgirl because he wanted to become Batgirl, the character, not necessarily Batgirl the woman. At most he seemed an obsessed, creepy crossdresser, but even that didn't seem the intention from the author. But it was easily read in the other context too, especially if you didn't read the books before.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Waterhaul posted:

Marvel are currently going around and removing all references to Fantastic Four from all of their media. It's not just a one thing.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

CharlestheHammer posted:

So pepper isn't in the book? That means Bendis is probably using her as a stand in.

That is really lazy Bendis.

Maybe, just maybe we should wait until we've read the loving book before calling a author lazy or something?

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Rhyno posted:

I can't believe I agree with this. Slott must be back on his meds or something because he is crushing it.

Nah, still off his meds despite good writing. He showed up in the comments of The Comic Beats sales charts when they called the ASM #1 numbers comparably weak, saying that the #1 renumbering well might be drying up. He of course took it as attack on his writing and himself.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Rhyno posted:

Link or quotes please.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/marvel-sales-chart-analysis-october-2015-the-emptiness-of-relaunches/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Gavok posted:

Goddamnit.

No prob. The main idea of the new series is Venom still wants to do good and help the world, but his new host (another soldier who lost pieces of himself in war) is a total monster and has the willpower to take control while Venom can only beg him to stop.

Since soldier-boy needs to go to sleep at times, what excuse do they find for the symbiote not simply running away at night?

• Locked thread