Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Fox6v-L8k

Better quality Mandarin version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

funakupo posted:

If you guys want another lemonparty with apples (2x the size) I still have quite a bit on an alt if I can recall the log-in. If you manage to get the server population back up high enough, it would be good to repeat so just let me know.
Below is original wall of text for new players for lemon parties (gives the videos from Grithok some context)

original post
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3542608&pagenumber=93&perpage=40#post415927487

To update this, dud has something like 20 stacks of apple seeds.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Shark riding is a DDR minigame.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Haquertal if you read this you hosed up and didn't pass leader.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
I was in teamspeak the entire time and that's gonna be too late to bid.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=22012
http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=22011
http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=22131
http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=22013

Jonathan is gonna be taking this guy's name, guild, and zone. I'll be loving around with an RG alt.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
New server will be launching at noon CDT. Snail is bad at AM/PM.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Script stealing now has 10 spawn locations and NPCs defending the shelves.

Also you basically get ruined books that probably let you buy whatever the gently caress book you want. FLYING HORSE FOR EVERYONE?

Shalhavet fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 8, 2014

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
So after some discussion, experimenting, and missteps, we have discovered something amazing:

Snail hosed up the chat filter. Again. Since I've ripped out the filtered words list, before this patch I could say gently caress all I wanted and everyone could see it. Ordinarily, the client-side filter would change "gently caress" to "****", but it only edited on the way out.

It now filters inbound text as well, but...not in any sane fashion. Instead of filtering the offending word, they opted to just loving drop the entire message. On my screen, I see

(Akeenai): testing the word "gently caress"

Suzerah and FebrezeNinja see

(Akeenai):

:bravo:

Shalhavet fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 9, 2014

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Welp. One more hour for hua invites, and apparently I have enough invites to get suckered into fighting.

I'm going to try to fight Hejie in round 1.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Wonder Turbine posted:

Turns out it was me! :suicide:

People were dogpiling on Chart like crazy after that incident. I wasn't angry at him for screwing up the raid - in fact, I kinda felt sorry for him - but I also thought that it'd be kind of funny if he got a title for something this superficial. And since nobody was actually idiotic enough to do that, I decided to take the matter into my own hands. :downs:

I'd like to say I've gotten better at money management since then, but...uh, I really can't.

Come back to Scholars, Yanyeh! 4th inner owns and 5th is going to be absolutely insane.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Isn't Intoxicate like 14? Teen angst is my guess, coupled with sugar daddy issues.

Koop, you gonna come watch hua? I can toss koop into whatever matches you want to watch otherwise.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

funakupo posted:

Nah we're in the studio for a few more hours tonight, so feel free to use and abuse koop. Good luck, please kick someone using new set in hua hard in the face.

I swear I got a hua invite on koop, but it's nowhere to be seen :(

Also you can get faction sets from Hua now, my tang alt got the Beast Villa rage to 4. (I also got Following 5)

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Jayen vs CallMeKing was ridiculously annoying to watch. loving horselords.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You can get any factions skills. Like if somehow luck out you can get an entire set of rootless...as a woman! I think one of the guys in the tournament got one of POMFs skills (Grafting, the one that makes you dance around like an idiot for a few seconds).

Grafting also reflects 100% of damage taken for 5s sooo...

I really need to test that in a duel with the suicide bomb.

Shalhavet fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 26, 2014

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Specifically, people making calls while not in teamspeak hosed us.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
No wars tomorrow. HeJie timed out his bid, Rebellion prot warred P-E, TDH sat around with their thumbs up their rear end, and then this happened:

Not pictured: Haquertal and I bouncing him around with DHCH and chain.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
BattlePing is like $5 a month :confused:

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Vagrants are pretty fun. You get a kicks set that scales very well and shallow kung fu becomes ludicrously good. There should be a few other guys on at strange times too.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Betray everything and explore the factions.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
What's your character's name, and how high level is it? If it's below a certain point we're probably gonna recommend just making a new one. Betraying a school deletes all your inners and skills from that school and lets you go do the Vagrants stuff and get their sets (kicks, blade, and op shallow kung fu)

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
I did too. I'm mostly playing that, Payday 2, and Smite these days.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Yeah, third inner was the golden time. With second inner you had to contend with Mingyu scholars darting everyone to death. (Which was hilarious, as a scholar)

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

kznlol posted:

HOW COULD YOU FORGET GREEN LIGHTNING MAN?

Rather like wall boss, Green Lightning Man had an ability that would wipe the entire raid with green lightning. As far as we were ever able to tell, he would only decide to cast it if at least one member of the raid was outside of melee range of him. Easy, you'd think - just stack everyone in melee and kill the useless HP sponge.

That's what we thought, too. Then we discovered that he had another ability which triggered within seconds of there being more than 3 people in melee range, which knocked back the entire raid. You do not truly understand Wushu's PvE design until you have spent 5 minutes throwing your body at a boss that throws you back out as soon as you do anything.

He was also an assassin boss, which was amazing.

At least he got easier once everyone had Perish Blade and got knockback immunity from the rage. Still easier than Giant Sword Dude in the cave. Untranslated mechanics? Check. Instant death move? Check. That wipes the raid? Double check. Oh and the musician needs to be in line of sight. But can't be on the ground, because he kills anyone not jumping. And then he drops aggro anyway and commits blender death on everyone at 40%.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
I thought it was pronounced "Hitler did nothing wrong", though that might have just been Katniss.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
I found this at a store near me and started watching them. 17 hours of terrible kung fu movies. Halfway through Kung Fu of Seven Steps the dubbing just kinda stopped for five minutes, the main villain had less than five minutes of screen time (including the final battle and intro credits), and more backflips occurred than I would care to count. I wish I'd found this when we were doing drunk movie nights. The 7 Steps of Kung Fu is on Youtube as well.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Anal Papist posted:

Insanity that made Wushu Field Trips look tame

Seriously, what the gently caress. Even on the worst days of the Tai Chi Fist field trips we never got that autistic. I mean, I spent a good few hours digging through obfuscated game code for clues to the respawn timer, but that's just :psyboom:

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
My three favorite things were the first guild war we had (400+ Death Krew Shoutout), the Lemon Party Invitational that the GM dropped an ape into, and beating CallMeKing in Mt Hua.

Close seconds were straight-up kicking people to death like Chun Li on crack and/or throwing darts at people with scholar 2nd inner + poison for 5-6 chances per dart to knock someone on their asses.

POMF set was fun but it's a drat shame the faction grind was real.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Ditto.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Assassin is some weird cross of tangmen and emei? Has a <30% execution type thing. Game has flying skills.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
They beg for mercy and I will lean down and whisper to them "no horse"

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Here's the Wushu soundtrack.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
I had to spend two weeks meeting the requirements for pomf because I was so hilariously evil.

Grafting + Magical Rampage was worth it.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Mile'ionaha posted:

I would jump for joy when the scripts DIDN'T show up at the volcano, because then the fastest route out was off a hiiiigh cliff.

I'd wait under the eaves and poison-fist people so they plummeted to the ground. Early in the game this was an insta-kill, later it did enough that even I could finish them off and then fly back up the cliff to the librarian.

Goonball was the best though.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Was our cash shop the exact same as the one in China?

Also here's an interview about Dark & Light (medieval chinagame sandbox), I figure this will come out in the West before Wushu 2 and should be a relatively good indication of what to expect with localization with UE4/cash shop shenanigans

Wanna play a dragon wizard.

gently caress elves.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Darts set with Mingyu Skill and poison :allears:

My favorite thing was probably collecting every scrap of go faster kung fu and drag racing through Chengdu.

Mingyu Skill
That potion of go faster
Speed Up Without Trace
uh that one Emei buff thing
music
Food of go faster

I think I maxed out at a speed of 24.2. Horses went 7.5

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Now I'm curious what would happen to players using a VR headset if they got puked drunk.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Wonder if he's still mad about losing in Mt Hua to Leisure Kick.

e: That was CallMeKing, not kingcee. Whoops.

v drat you now I'm reinstalling it too.

Shalhavet fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 17, 2016

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Well, I went to Chengdu for team practice and dueled some people nearby. Turns out, GoonTangClan is apparently some sort of mythic entity from the dark ages and I got a bunch of "Holy poo poo welcome back" PMs. From former TDH members.

We should chinagame again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Showed up to tp, leisure kicked kingcee to death. A good day.

e:

Shalhavet fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 23, 2016