Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I am tempted to get back into this for the expansion but you've hurt me before, Wushu!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Haquer posted:

Join one of the new factions!

Also, can you change the thread tag to the CHINA one if it still exists? I didn't see it in my selection list :(

Done

Third World Reggin posted:

The steam wushu is auto logged into the game via your steam account. You can download it and launch it from your steam folder if you wanna use your old bad character and log in like normal.

Grithok are you making a pass at me

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Oh good lord they're going to open another server.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Haquer posted:

You have to be making GBS threads me.

http://www.ageofwushu.com/news/view/340

quote:

We are please to annouce the launch of our newest Age of Wushu server, Silver Viper!

:snailgames:

Christ they just merged two dead servers.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

FunkyFlashman posted:

Weird on my steam theres no age of wushu.

It's not available on Steam in certain countries due to the way Snail has licensed the various versions of the game.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Judging from the Koreans and Japanese in the game already (Jiming/Quandeng) it should be pretty hilarious.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I kind of wonder what a typical day is like for Snail Games USA

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It helps a lot if you can find the whole experience "charming" and kind of think of Chinagame as a puppy with diarrhea or something. Not the puppy's fault! Oh, Chinagame.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Cooking will get another couple dozen recipes we can't make

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Why do I still read this thread. This expansion is going to pull me back in, super under-powered.

Are Subway cards still the best way to pay for VIP?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm kind of split on Golden Needle/Xu/Peach Blossom aaaaaaa

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
[Chinagame Intensifies]

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Guess who went to Subway :getin:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I might have a spare Lofty Mountains on an alt - you get a ton of those for being a top 10 musician.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
So is script stealing just broken now or? I stole two Tang scripts last night to try and get a start on replacing Following but I got nothing at the turn in, and it seems like this was happening a lot to the other people in the guild as well.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I quite like that Qin sheath thing, just not $150 real life dollars like it.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
If anyone has a spare Herbal Grass recipe, could you pigeon it on over to Xibo? I think it's one of the most basic, but I can't get it to drop from factions or treasure chests. Need it for a daily.

e: Got it.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
For Shen faction, it turns out you can get most of the herbs needed for the crafted needles and drugs from drops off of the Beast Villa minibosses and from farming - mostly from textiles it looks like, maybe randomly. I got two 40 cert items from growing otherwise useless(?) grass cotton on this very hunch.

Also you can get various random herbs used to refine medicine from textile crops, but this also apparently involves paying 100L to buy a 30-day refining furnace to turn poisons and herbalism products into chi pills, and who doesn't have enough chi pills already.

That said if you come across any Tears of The Turtle King, why not send them to Xibo? I want to try out this faction specific hidden weapon recipe but I also don't want to spend certs.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Essentially the gold sinks remain the same (and aren't going to change) but the creation of Liang has been decimated.

There were some interesting items that dropped from the Tang school assassination the other day, they (apparently) lower the line upgrade costs of certain items - lower tiers by 8 Liang, 7, 6, 5 etc as you go up in the tiers. I want to say Branch Breaking Yarn and Hundred Hit Metal?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

From what limited time I had with the new patch, these new schools and vagabonds make being a new player or returning player pretty easy.

I still can't believe they keep opening new servers though.

Come back Grithok, to the majesty of Chinagame

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

When Xena I Love You gets tired of space engineers or dynasty warriors 8 I will pop in to play with him.

I went to the smilies page to find one that adequately registered my disappointment and we apparently have this now which makes me feel better about buying the Slut Daggers Set Version 2.

:ovr:

It's a green thing and it blinks at you. Like a DOS text marker? Please think about that.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I learned like 5 or 6 skills this Hua, well worth it. Got the BV spam, a PBI charge, a Demon Soul Chasing thing, some Wudang nonsense, the Vertigo Dart Rage, some Shen thing I already had, and something else.

I mean not great things, but well worth 50L.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I was voting for PibbJr, you're just along for the ride

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Meanwhile, at Shen Golden Needle Sect

"Look, to clear up your constipation, you need to drink more water, stop straining when you have a bowl movement, have your bowl movement when you feel you should have it."

Every day, forever.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Ratoslov posted:

So it's the most realistic medical simulator ever, is what you're saying.

All of the "Smelling" medical patients are common sense, except for the guy who has either bird flu or anemia. His symptoms are insomnia, sleepiness, and vivid dreams.

There's a kid in Yanjing who has nothing wrong with him at all, which is fine, but your eventual response is "The lady is golden. There is a book."

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

aleksendr posted:

Every day ? Your slacking as a Shen. The Bao reset every 6 hours. Go back there and sperg some more if you want to be top doctor and unlock meridians someday.

I don't! Chinagame's various medical problems will have to sort themselves out

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
So after many dailies of beating up Evil Tiger faction and healing people by smelling, the Shen dailies for some reason culminate in fighting a giant ape on top of a mountain.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Second kidnapping time is said to be in after today's update, as well as higher chances for teals to drop from kungfu cards.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
My favorite was the period where all of the GM interaction functions were in some flavor of Chinese.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Non-terrible chinagame? Time to sword some mans.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

deathrat posted:

Swordsman confirmed GOTY every year

My god is that legal

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Playing as a Harmony in Swordsman, the second set is pretty ridiculous but I mostly joined because the leader is fat and has an owl.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
There's always Subway Cards, they've been the most reliable method forever.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Qing Er must like divination stalls being set near her, wonder what RE it is.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

randombattle posted:

They are already pulling it from steam I really don't think it's gonna make it that far.

Oh? That's not agood sign, where did you see that ?

RIP RIP RIP Chinagame

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
NO LONGER ON STEAM (didn't help)

There's a lot of drama on the a jianghu forum today but its pretty much all whales and morons.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Just logged in to have a look and yeah, BD is pretty dead. Like 10 stalls in Chengdu.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I am playing Archeage, but I had computer troubles with it at the start so I'm just running around lowbie zones while ghosts punch me.

Why would a ghost punch someone it's a very non-ghost thing to do.

I am playing west but I'm only lvl 20 so maybe I will roll up a catman and play with you jerks on east.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Hole Wolf posted:

RIP Wushu.

For a while, Wushu was very good. Then it wasn't. RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm glad Wushu has stuck to its guns of "baffling"

http://www.ageofwushu.com/static/jssj/index4.html

EARN SCORE