Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

In between all the awesome sex I have been having, I thought of you losers.

Thanks for cleansing me of my rose-tinted glasses (although I still miss flying across the world. Wildstar does not compete on that count... although I haven't played that since 3 weeks after Release).

Y'all actually gonna make the move the Archeage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I have no time either, but this could lure me to get less sleep, I suppose.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Pavlov posted:

Yeah gently caress historicality give me my Fem-Shaolin. Bald is beautiful.

Except historically there WERE Fem-Shaolin.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Dirk the Average posted:

Is that a beard slot in his outermost layer of clothing? That is an amazing idea.

Guan Yu was famous for protecting his amazingly elegant beard with an armored leather sack.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Oh, Pibbles, would I ever lie to you?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Kylra posted:

Chinagame AND Pirates of the Carribean in one game? Hold me before I swoon.

boarding actions would be so incredibly fun, when you consider flying skills and water running.

"Good job, guys, we got the loot and got out. Wait, where is Haquertal? gently caress, he ran out of flying energy, time to turn around and pick his rear end out of the middle of the ocean."

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Haquer posted:

Yeah pretty sure that would've been the consensus.

Also with water skipping jump at 5 water travel was hilariously easy and taking the lake exit in WV SS was made trivial because the book didn't slow down flying skills so you flew across the lake...

Water jump was one of those skills we all shat on... until we discovered how flipping awesome it was.

Also, I am the guy who learned to fly without ever coming down. Flight skills were my *thing*, man.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Delabucks wasn't awful, if the game had continued, but sticking to cold, hard, purestrain silver might have been better, taxes and all.

Goonionism was a fabulous idea, though.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Haroshia posted:

I assure you there will be. Professional photos. Expensive professional photos, that I partially pay for.

Six hour open bar though. Got that going for me.

I demand either an invite or enough info that I can crash it with a bunch of clowns.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

So it looks hella pretty, but since nobody has mentioned switching Kung Fu styles, is it just China WoW?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Pavlov posted:

Is it sad that I've done this enough to know exactly what it's mistranslating into 'quack'?

No, but now I want to learn Duck Kung Fu

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

*opens my meridians in anticipation*

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

CheetoRamen posted:

Here is the warband struggling to run up a near vertical cliff face to launch an air raid on an enemy guild base. There is a long defensible pass that them and all their buddies not included in the war were using to prevent people getting in. We went up the cliff beside the road and and block-chained flying moves to go straight over their heads and into the war.

Look at these scrubs which cannot embrace happiness and fly into the sky from a standing start.

I may not have been able to fight worth a goddamn, but I was very happy being that one dude who could literally fly across the map and never touch the ground.

I remember people screaming at me when I got the random encounter, and remember reading it right then and there while everyone told me how many dings I could get. No regrets. Made script stealing a lot of fun!

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Haquer posted:

pretty sure my girlfriend will kill me, literally

I'll probably play anyway
Solidarity.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2005290110600143

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Little Abigail posted:

Edit: Truly fun times were had during WV script stealing defense when I got to knock Viets into the volcano which always made them really, super mad.

The fact that they kept dashing over the volcano despite so many people having poison fist never stopped amusing me.

I would jump for joy when the scripts DIDN'T show up at the volcano, because then the fastest route out was off a hiiiigh cliff.

I'd wait under the eaves and poison-fist people so they plummeted to the ground. Early in the game this was an insta-kill, later it did enough that even I could finish them off and then fly back up the cliff to the librarian.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

angerbeet posted:

Aww man they finally got a spear set? And a paintbrush set?

*eyes chinagame.exe*

Ho don't do it.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Heartcatch posted:

It was fun mass puking on people in Luoyang though, you have to admit.

Beggars best school.

*Carefully collects filthy goonsweat in bottles*

Not if WV has anything to say about it.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Haquer posted:

H-hello miles :swoon:

Word! Been lurking all this time. I still have this drat thread bookmarked.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I do miss the crazy poo poo we'd get up to, but not enough to play a Chinese beta.

Upside: learn some Chinese?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Tarezax posted:

I played a Scholar but got the entire Eagle Claw style precisely for those reasons

The Demon style or whatever it was called was also great for similar reasons because of the fly-disabling poison field, plus the suicide bomb ultimate

Poisoner bottled goon sweat style = best style.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

When you pick your school at the stage coach you can go through every one of them including the yianghu and advanced "secluded" schools that your main one branches into. You can see all the weapon skills, internals and requirements.

Maybe its the time of day but I didnt see anyone playing inside mount emei. Also I remembered how horrible the games monetization is even with cheaper prices. An hour based horse/bag system???

What's the player base like? Ratio of English to non-English speakers? What time is Script Stealing?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Saradiart posted:

Script stealing is at 7am in the morning EST.

I live in EST, I could actually wake up early and make that but, but, :vomarine:

I feel like I need to call my Chinagame Accountability buddy.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Kamikaze poison ulting into huge crowds forever.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Hy_C posted:

and I could no longer air dash across the entire zone.

You couldn't, maybe. I was never good at the game, but my Monkey and I will live on as China's Fastest Goon.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

SweetBro posted:

Sooooooo... Age Of Wushu NA recently released the Ming Sect expansion.

But why tho?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Who's excited for new school sets?

I got a Facebook notice and was honestly just surprised the game was still going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

super sweet best pal posted:

Turns out this was a major breakthrough and things started snowballing after I started looting pills, manuals and high level crafting recipes from all the leaders in the sects. I've been feeling major ludonarrative dissonance during story fights that were supposed to be impossible.

Yeah, you can definitely go bananas at a certain point.

And those 'unwinnable' fights give loot you cannot get anywhere else.