Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

TheRagamuffin posted:

That's incognito. Excursion is the one that takes certificates from instances.

I think the quickest way to get the tokens for that is to do six factions of a certain level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

FebrezeNinja posted:

I hear the box for six completions of a faction gets one token, and there's a daily instance run quest for bonus tokens.

I like how incognito tells you what you need for each step and where you can get it while failing to mention that you won't since the drop rates are so low.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

HapiMerchant posted:

So apparently the new cash shop set is, get this, ANOTHER EXTERNAL SET.

AND OH BOY WHAT A SET IT IS

A 20% slow (spam) that when inflicted 3 times becomes a 2 sec paralyze (!2s cd!), a flying skill cancel (12s cd), an AoE knockdown with yellow armor (12s cd), a 15% extra damage debuff spam (!2s cd again!), a parry that knocks you back after 10 hits, a shadow clone that prevents flying skills for 10 seconds AND with which you can switch places with instantly two times (using any other move in the set, mind you), hitting everyone around you AND the clone, and finally, a TEN HIT RAGE WITH 250% SCALING OFF BREATH/BRAWN.

Jesus gently caress.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

funakupo posted:

Basically this exactly. I still love Victorious (because I am a terrible player with bad ping and that set worked great for me) and I cannot even manage to get more skill levels and a nice staff for that loving set. Akeenai I think uses Mozi on koop and I haven't time to level it yet either--another set would just rot away. 5USD I would throw at it but 30USD (I assume) is a bit pricey to sit and rot. If Snail wants to throw new sets around like candy, they should consider a knee-jerk buy price and then every player buys sets all the time.

They interviewed Intoxicate about lowering the price she said that she thought the exclusivity was what really mattered, so keep the prices high! :downs:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

Also, Yang..Guo into incest???

:gonk:

Not surprised.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Today CheetoRamen was standing outside my stall. He watched a member of chaos walk up to my stall, purchase something, equip a cavalry lance and ride their horse and be very sad. Then I got the money in the mail. :)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Goontangclan as a guild is pretty active, our mumble isn't so we hang out on the former shinobi team speak and do shenanigans with notrabbu, ressurection and whoever else we feel like. Goonballing is pretty much impossible since the shelves now teleport every few minutes, but we still form massive raids on popular script days. Goontangclan is the first clan on the server to deploy an elephant for: script stealing, guild wars and of course fraud.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

There are over twenty people active during prime time although some of them are probably chinagame and ironchef doing their part in the cart wars. Defenitely not as active as it was during its heyday but this is all around on the game do to in no small part constant fuckery by snail.

Its not a bad time to return to the game though. A lot of non poop sockers took a big hit to join the new factions. The pills and mentoring can help you get back into the game if you want to stick to your school. If you want to go jianghu factions you can use them to unlock meridians.

The economy is hosed right and it'll be really hard for you to get money if you cant be there for dark traffiking powerhours but if you can then it'll probably be better than before. Things are much cheaper than they were when I quit and they seem to keep dropping in price. Traffiking can make you more money than before if you only played a while a day during prime time.

Speed up is going for less an 1% of its peak price, you can get it on the market for 350L, I sold one in Alliance for 100L after getting the RE.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

angerbot posted:

Essentially the gold sinks remain the same (and aren't going to change) but the creation of Liang has been decimated.

There were some interesting items that dropped from the Tang school assassination the other day, they (apparently) lower the line upgrade costs of certain items - lower tiers by 8 Liang, 7, 6, 5 etc as you go up in the tiers. I want to say Branch Breaking Yarn and Hundred Hit Metal?

Yup and I got some of those tucked away on an alt if anyone is going to upgrade gear for goonumism.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

randombattle posted:

Watching cmk flail at bumbaclyde and kill himself with flying horse was funny though. I'm totally jealous of everyone getting faction skills all I got was some wv and tang stuff.

I actually wanted to learn beast villa skills at Mt Hua since my faction is so restrictive in unlocking them, but now I know a few new skills! :unsmith: Plus I have the transcend the world and surprise with first success titles thanks to my friends who believe in justice and having lots and lots of alts.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

ChickenMedium posted:

Did they take out the "I really have no time" button for quests? I can't seem to find it and I have a quest that I desperately need to buy my way past.

I have a skip option for my faction dailies under the faction rules for some reason. :confused:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

You can join the queue. I'm already teaching 3 people this week :cop:

But yeah, even non Peach get a 4% chance to get 3% IF back per hit. When we do our weekend events on peach island we never run out of IF if we have the array up. It's loving amazing for PVE and the array skills that peach members get are amazing too.

drat, that's pretty amazing alright.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

When running a group guild cart it sometimes causes a world wide pop up to appear for players to click on to raid that cart. It's pretty much a giant waste of time and offers no real benefit so only clueless low level players joined in tonight... only to standard around confused before being murdered by an enraged pachyderm. My pet elephant, PibbJr, got three kills tonight. :)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

Having more than 3 bases is :effort:

Absolutely, it's a huge pain, kinda neat to control a territory and set up murder zones though.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Well the update didn't fix the market search freezing, this time a market search freeze resulting in me losing connection to the server and losing all the presets on my stall :(.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

I never get this problem. Defrag your harddrive or something? :confused:

I've re-installed the game and my hard drive is fine, I have no idea why it'll freeze during market searches.

Edit: Also that AOW thread, someone points out Haroshia's being sarcastic, he jokes around some more and the other idiot still can't figure it out.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Golden Bee posted:

So...once I finish Beggar training, how soon can I interact with goons?

I didn't find anything about a Mumble or Ventrilo server on the private thread.

Just post in here what your ingame name is and when someone is authorized to accept you is on at the same time as you (dumb I know) we can get you in.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

randombattle posted:

Beast Villa is all beat up animals and beat up people who beat up animals.

We gently caress up pretty major in the last bit of our storyline.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Delerion posted:

The inner demon RE seems super hard, how do you beat it?

Depends on which one you get, but there are a number of ways to make it easier.

1. Invite friends from your friends list by right clicking their name on the list and selecting "random encounter"

2. Choose greatly strengthen power and get some buffs from the old man (it takes unbound liang)

3. Click off the parry debuff whenever you see someone stop attacking, just click on them a couple of times.

4. When he's in the middle of the damage field doing the burst aoe's, you can air dash through them to completely mitigate the damage.

5. Hopefully you don't get the damage reflect or heal on hit debuff boss.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Delerion posted:

Thanks! i'm sticking to wulin for now as i'm enjoying actually taking part in events right now.

Any iron head users here? which skills do you recommend leveling?

Level everything in iron head, jianghu info drops in factions and you can use that to get advanced books from the doctors. Oddly enough the parry should be the lowest priority since leveling it doesn't reduce the cooldown, but instead the total damage it can block for five seconds. At level six an iron head parry can completely block the monkey king's spin move, but then again so can tier 5 jade bracers.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

China game has just been loving collapsing for me this last few days and the periods where it's unplayable or crashing is just increasing, if uninstalling and re-installing doesn't fix it, I just don't know what else to do with it. :(

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

madmario posted:

Is it possible that the temperature where you live has been increasing, making a minor hardware problem more apparent? Or something similar?

I just cleaned out my laptop, got a new cooling pad and it's been 70 degrees outside and it was running fine in 90 degree weather last summer. Also when I uninstalled it had a pop up survey asking me why I was uninstalling, I put down my reasons and got, "Invalid response token." followed by the survey resetting.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

Yeah I saw this conversation and stayed way the hell out of it.

loving viets and huatah. What the gently caress.

At least Vietswordsman finds it objectionable that an 80 year old would have sex with a four year old and that's about as righteous as the viets get.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Whelp my laptop that could run wushu had issues of its own, but now the built in mouse's left click isn't working and neither are any of the usb ports. I tried re-installing Wushu a third time and things are still getting worse. All the maintence optimization I've done on my computer has made all my other games run better though. I don't think I'm going to play wushu anymore, I loved playing with you guys but this constantly stuttering, lag, freeze ups and random crashing just makes it too frustrating an experience now. So I'm going to be distributing my stuff and giving away my account.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

madmario posted:

Maybe don't give away the account? You may change your mind in a year or so.

It is in the gentle stewardship of JizzWhiz420 who excitedly pm'd me over skype regarding my stockpile of masks and my dragon slaps rage level 8. The bloodharvest has begun.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

aleksendr posted:

But... But what of Mr. Pibbjunior ? Who will bring water to the elephant ?

He's snoozin' until I rejoin Beast Villa.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

randombattle posted:

Why would you want to play another mmo by snail? The setting and it being kung fu is the only good part of wushu.

Absolutely this a thousand times over.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haroshia posted:

Shaolin so good they get listed twice.

Just like in age of oh nobody'd believe THAT.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haroshia posted:

If you don't come play with us I will be sad.

I'm taking my laptop to get repaired tomorrow because the modem has become physically disconnected inside. Good thing I have a backup, but still.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

AmiEsiM posted:

I lent Nick the account, Nick apparently lent him. Bold faced motherfucker changed all the login info

I've muted all of two people the year and half I was playing, the guy with your account Zorty, was one of them. I'm sorry man. :(

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

AmiEsiM posted:

Thx man, much appreciated.

Out of curiosity, who was the other person you muted?

Man, I can't recall it was another shinobi/resurrection member though.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Well, at least I got to use stun poison on a stun stick with my stun set before I left. :unsmith:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

ArdanSortek posted:

Was it everything it promised to be?

It was super god drat annoying and the flashbang effect from storms was pretty incredible.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Natalie_Luna posted:

I have to stay in a clinic for 4-6weeks they allowed me to keep my cellphone but no games for nat...

That sucks, hope you get well soon though.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm taking a break from MMOs until I get under 200 pounds, only got 36 more pounds to go!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I don't even know why I liked age of wushu, and I played it for almost a year and a half and almost every mmo I've played I've quit before the first month was up.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

madmario posted:

You are still legendary in the game.

I may have hit the Pibbletopn problem though--Wushu crashes for me randomly, sometimes even at the login screen or after 5 minutes of play. It's been like this since the latest expansion. Tried just about everything, including the tinfoil hat crap they tell you to do in the tech support thread (install on a non system drive, after defragging it, using administrator mode, with all virus and malware software off, and decapitate three rabbits while turning counterclockwise on your tippy-toes, and all will be well).

Until it's fixed I'll be on sporadically. :( I still enjoy Wushu. Just hit STW.

The level 6 gears have new set effects--there are 6 different set effects for armor, and 6 kinds of weapon bonuses. It's all in Chinagame-ese though, and some of the abilities are very difficult to understand, but they look like some nifty choices to make.

Yeah if it hadn't of broken for me, I'd probably still be playing it, I bet I'm a hell of a lot more infamous if DurrHurrDurr (Jizzwhiz420) is still running around on my account!

Haquer posted:

There still 5-6 regulars with a couple pubbies mixed in actually (goon friends). You very heavily overstate how much I play, honestly. I just got Lightning Returns a few days ago, although I've barely had time to play it due to working 29 hours the last 3 days.

I also play a bunch of Kerbals and FTL when I'm on my computer since they're far more pick up and play than MMOs are (gf, kid, etc). I might idle a bunch in Wushu but I play very little and I usually just kill a person or two and go back to idling. Heiji tried to jump me yesterday so I did my usual walk away (literally) and insult him and then last night EmeiShredder tried to jump me and ate the loving dirt since beggar 4th even at 44 shits out damage like crazy. Before that I probably didn't have a fight for a few days because I don't fight pay2wins.

Man, I never did get around to trying to write that Goontang history chronicling the guild. Hopefully sometime in the future I'll get to play with you guys again, it was a pretty amazing experience.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Man this game was just so shittily managed and handled. :(

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I hope DurrHurrDurr (JizzWhiz420) managed to find a buyer for mine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

PassiveSentence posted:

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24670

TDH buying dings through selling overpriced gathering materials, reference to the 1d cow dung CODs, name calling on a forum, 1Life1Love makes his return as LeonLai and Engrish.

Buying from gold sellers in dead game :allears:

Do you think it'll make it to the two year mark before they shut down the servers?