Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Last year we had the once-a-month Infinity prize, for people who painted a Corvus Belli miniature. Do we have something like that this season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

krushgroove posted:

I am waiting to hear back from Corvus Belli and a few other companies :)

To clarify, I'm mostly just wondering if there are any prize drawings that are dependent on the actual model oathed that month. ;)

EDIT: Fuckit, Oathing one Dystopian Wars French Battleship from Spartan Games in 1:1200 scale

Signal fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 17, 2014

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

NTRabbit posted:

I'm planning to make a diorama featuring the Dystopian Wars French fleet I've been picking up.

I've had a lot of fun with them, and really like the French aesthetic.

Journal Pictures:

Obviously I'm claiming Season 5iver, but I don't know if my first image counts for Strike a Pose or not.

Parts List
Vallejo Gray Surface Primer
A Sherwin Williams house paint that's grayish. >.>
VGC Ghost Gray
Black India Ink
VGC Dark Fleshtone for the wood
VGC Hammered Copper
VMC Gunmetal Grey mixed with VGC Brassy Brass
VGC Hot Orange and Orange Fire

And Double the Fun.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I Signal oath six Strain dudes from Sedition Wars (in 28mm)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Signal posted:

I Signal oath six Strain dudes from Sedition Wars (in 28mm)

lovely completion picture!

for Speed Painting. I'll have better pictures in time.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I'd say if someone had a ton of models that have been zenithally primed, they should just save them for amnesty month.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath addition: 28mm Ototo from Malifaux

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete

Claiming the Journal for the splashy water effects on Ototo.

EDIT before time: To add in my name, and to also note that the Sedition Wars zombies are a Themed Group

Signal fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jul 1, 2014

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Karnegal posted:

That is an awesome water effect - also where did you get the tall grass?

Thanks man, it's my first time really messing with the stylable stuff. The tall grass I just got at a railroad hobby shop a long time back, comes in about 2" lengths or so. Best advice I got for using it is to take several failaments, twist them together in the middle, and apply super glue at that point. After it dries, you cut it in half on the super glue mark, and trim both tufts to fit.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I Oath a NeoTerran Starter from Corvus Belli/Infinity (28mm)!

I also edited my pictures before time ended to put my name in the pictures. >.>

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Sistergodiva posted:

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but how do you mount your units like that for spraying?

Like Pierzak said, I drilled in a little pin on the bottom. I've thought about doing what he suggests with the tab, but my Infinity models end up on clear bases afterwards.

(speaking of which, I'm still good to get the basing points if I do extra bases that aren't attached to them, right?)

EDIT:
Also Krushgroove, you got my pictures with my name on them, but I didn't get the point for having my username on the spreadsheet. :ohdear:

Signal fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 4, 2014

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

As an additional oath, I'm going to paint this crazy Reaper Bones Wizard dude! (in 28mm!)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

This is a Themed Group, and the start of me trying to use my airbrush smarter.

Journal is the crazy multicolored glowing ball on this Photomancer.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I Signal have decided to oath the following:

Two Mercenary Yuan-Yuan, two Hassassin Muyibs, and two Halqa, who have been converted.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Yay! Brushes!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Two Yuan Yuan, with her sword being the most obvious example of the Journal

Muyibs

Converted Ghulams

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

:siren: Oath! :siren:

Three Rail Crew, Mei-Feng, Kang, and Three Oiran from Wyrd's Malifaux. (All 28/30/32mm)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath addition!

Yan Lo, Chiaki, Soul Porter, Three Ashigaru, Izamu, Yin, and Toshiro: all 28mm, from Wyrd Miniatures.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Germ posted:

Journal Bonus Point (1 point): Signal
Thanks a lot Germ, It's an honor to be picked out from amongst all these great entries.

Oath Addition!

Four Haqq Ghazi Muttawi'ah and Hassassin Husam Yasbir, 28mm from Infinity (Corvus Belli)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Super-oath month continues to expand

Two Desperate Mercenaries, Killjoy, Hans, Santana Ortega, and two TtB minis, all 28mm Malifaux.

I'm chopping out the ankle bits, which should bring the Convict Gunslinger proxy down to a normal human size. Angelica gets to stay huge, though. Just noticed that you can't see the post-conversion image in my oath picture, but you should be able to see after the conversion that she's not the same height. Oath Complete will have a better view I'm sure.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Brock Samsonite posted:

I also made this for Signal and just haven't wanted to poo poo the thread up with it until.... RIGHT NOW

You just made my night. :allears:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Themed Group Part one: Malifaux Mei Feng crew

Rail Crew:

Mei Feng and Kang:

Oirans, and alternate views of their freehand:

Themed Group Part two: Malifaux Yan Lo Crew (This lot was a commission, hence all the Akatsuki robes. Gonna claim Fly your Flag for all the banners.)

Yan Lo's Skeleton and robe:

Skeletal Ashigaru:

Izamu the Armor and Toshiro the Daimyo:

Soul Porter and Chiaki:

Themed Group Part three: Infinity Haqqislamites

Ghazi Muttawiyahs and Hassassin Yasbir:

Ghazi with keffiyeh:

Themed Group Part four: Malifaux Outcasts

Showing the height difference, and the result of my Cut and Swap on the center model:

Angelica's umbrella and skirt:

Killjoy:

Hans:

And the Desperate Mercenary, as well as a comparison with the Box Art he's based on:

So in summary that's several Themed Groups, Fly your Flag, Cut and Swap, and Box Art. Hopefully it's okay I only put my Username on the big images? If not I can go through and edit them.

EDIT: (also, 29 models holy crap.)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath!

Reaper Bones 28mm crazy Owlbear!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Signal posted:

Oath!

Reaper Bones 28mm crazy Owlbear!

Did I get accepted? :magical:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath addition!
Hassassin Barid and Tarik Mansuri, from Infinity (28mm)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath addition!

3 Fusiliers, a Hexas and a Croc Man from Infinity, and a Dodge Viper from... Maisto, I think? in 1/43 scale. The pink stuff is the silly putty I used to mask the car when I primed it.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Tarik Mansuri

Hassassin Barid

Fusiliers

Hexas Sniper

Croc Man

And my Journal Entry:

This Owlbear is a Shriner. You can tell by his fez, and his tiny car.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

poo poo, never actually posted my oath. Is it too late for this pic to be valid?

Five Acontecimentos Regulars, from Infinity

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

krushgroove posted:

Oaths ACCEPTED!
Signal - unsure what you mean but you're Oathing for November as far as I can see, so all's good!

The picture was just a day or two old is all, wanted to make sure it didn't need to be super-current.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Monoliths posted:

:horse:SEPTEMBER JUDGEMENTATION:horse:

1 Point - Signal

Bachtere posted:

:ducksiren: September judgment! :ducksiren:

Second Place, 2 Points: Signal

Thanks guys! I felt pretty good about that month, I'm glad it wasn't all in my head. :)

Oath Complete!

Really should have done more on these guys, but I got distracted by a bunch of stuff that I didn't oath. Themed Group, and the stubble on the Spitfire gunner is the Journal.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

a bit fuzzy, but I oath the following:

four Fusiliers, Joan of Arc, a Knight of Montesa, a Father Knight, a Bagh Mari, Stephen Rao, Nisses, and Konstantinos. All Corvus Belli/Infinity, in 28mm

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Iris of Ether posted:

:siren: :siren: Prize Sign! We've got Prize Sign! :siren: :siren:

November Oath Thread, $10 OpenBookShelf 1d38 31 http://orokos.com/roll/237028
This goes to Signal!

Awesome, thanks Oath Thread!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition!

From Corvus Belli/Infinity: two Extros, a Clipsos, a Kotail, and a Gao Rael (I think? These aren't mine, and Tohaa names are weird. Five alien dudes.)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition

Three drowned, Jakuuna Ubuume, and Datsue Ba from Malifaux/Wyrd. The last one is really poorly primed from some other jackoff, so that's why she's kinda blackish.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Tohaa Themed Group:

PanOceania Themed Group:

Malifaux Themed Group:

Including my Journal for this month, the weathering on the ghostly corpses in Jakuuna Ubuume's wake. It was a great tragedy, but most of the way through the water base, I managed to knock a drop of brown ink into the wet water, turning the laboriously constructed illusion of depth into mud.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Germ posted:

2nd Place (2 points) – Signal. I started here being heartily impressed with the Infinity figs. Good, solid color schemes. All of those fine lines on that Infinity armour can be easy to mistakenly fill in and over-paint, so that fact that you’ve kept stuff clear here is noteworthy. Of course, you may have micron-penned it after painting, but it doesn’t matter. The effect is the same, and I’ve seen enough sloppy pen-jobs to know that it’s not easy. The backpack on Tarik does a particularly nice job of showing off your technique. The blue really pops, and the color is great (though watch out for the occasional but of fuzzy primer!). You had my attention until I saw the Owlbear. With the wild yellow eyes. And the fez. And the freehand Shriner’s logo. Hells yes. That’s when you got my points. Great showing this month! (Also, that's a really clean freehand logo!)

Germ posted:

Journal Bonus (1 point): Signal

Thanks Germ! I'm not really sure how one uses a micropen, but the lining is just brush. :)

Oath!

Picture is kinda fuzzy, but that's two Geckos from Infinity/Corvus Belli, in 28mm

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition!

Zondcat, Moriarty, and a Lunokhod Sputnik from Infinity/Corvus Belli - 28mm

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Another Oath Addition!

Kum Biker, Kasym Beg, and Kasym Beg without a bike.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

Oath Complete!

I love your stuff :allears:

Oath Complete!

Claiming Themed Group for the Nomads stuff, the Journal for the flames and faction symbols, one-off prize for the Gecko numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath
A Gao Rael and a Kotail, From Corvus belli/Infinity

• Locked thread