Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

The land where chico residents are mad that the ultra conservative mayor and council won't ignore a judge restraining order to start rounding up homeless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lmao this couldn't be any more comedy, bloodlines/genetic based reparations

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Is this means testing for reparations?

ya

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Coming from a country where the government itself runs inspections that are pretty strict and include so many things, to one where they check smog and "good 2 go".
A volvo with barely functional brakes and reeking of gasoline passed just fine, and there's plenty test places that will fix the issues "for a fee" (by fix just forge the result)

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
China is not communist, but other than that people clinging to Marx like repubs in America a clinging to the constitution and Bible are both bizarre, the world evolves.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
The city of chico that elected a chud government and was raiding homeless camps, most that had lost their home due to lack of income in 2020 only with an injunction stopped raiding camps. And also, only with a federal judge demanding did they make a rather rudimentary shelter of pallet houses, they also wanted to add a curfew (denied by judge) and kick people out if you said something mean in public out of camp.
Meanwhile the cop chief for his homeless beatdowns got rewarded with city administrator so he can direct the entire city services to beat up homeless when the injunction ends.

I am not sure sending Nazi's after homeless is the solution like DeadlyMuffin advocates.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
my criticism of rail in ca is that the state should have bought or eminent domained freight railroads that won't double track, electrify or in UP case let passenger trains through the pass that connects the central valley to LA.

Also get rid of grade crossings tia, my small european country got rid of about all of them and we don't even have high speed rail.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

CPColin posted:

I wanna see the Tehachapi Loop upgraded to take high-speed train speeds and watch everybody get flattened to the floor by the g-forces.

Oh, that is not what I meant, more like running the regular cal funded trains through it or higher speed trains or run the high-speed train through it very slowly until you get the tunnel built.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I heard that the mosquito fired was some pge transmission line.

in other news getting out of the central valley to Seattle the past week felt great, from feeling like I'd pass out whenever I'd step outside to getting out of the train and not feeling blazing heat anymore!

there are a few fires here though and the air quality is poo poo too though.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Highbrow Slick posted:

They probably should have just done that from the beginning because practically nobody believes homelessness is solvable at this point.

you build dense social housing and get rid of all the laws currently preventing it. but it's never going to happen

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Smythe posted:

idk really but it pisses me off but imhappy it got extended kuz my pal is undocumented and we gotta get he rear end to hawaii before hes banned from planes forever

Don't do it. Your pal could be pulled aside to secondary by tsa which does immigration enforcement

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
if you live ground level in the valley and have an inflatable something for pools or a boat make sure its ready, and I am being serious aws you won't be able to do either of those if things turn bad

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Back when I was a teen doing dumb poo poo I tried menthols and they actually made me smoke less as it was more intense each time so gj California

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
My california winter story is going to Chester and the maintain next to it that I always forget the name and skip all the tahoe crowds

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

FlapYoJacks posted:

No. There are shitloads of poor boomers that got shafted by capital.

Most of them are okay with that as they have internalized that they were "not good enough" and thus their fault, according to "personal responsibility."

In other news my stimulus card went missing and since I didn't get it before moving out of CA apparently, I can't get it anymore as "time of payment" is when you receive card lol.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Highbrow Slick posted:

It’s now February 8th and the Money Network IVR still says to call back “after January 31st” to report you never received your $700 card and won’t let you talk to a human without a card number. Can’t spam zeroes or anything either.

there's a way to get to them but it takes alot of playing around with the menu, but even then you will get told "we can't look up anything just give info on what's already available"

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Speaking of the middle-class refund, it shown up on my informed delivery after long moving out of California, didn't arrive, shown again with a sticker " unable to fwd/for review".
It seems USPS thinks it was fraud with someone out of state stealing identity or something, now I am on hold with the prepaid scam card line for half hour now to get it reissued, lmao it's been almost a year. why didn't they just direct deposit to the account that never changed?????

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

fermun posted:

There were a number of factors that made it direct deposit vs. debit card, somehow you must have triggered one of those and got kicked into the debit card category. It wasn't just if you changed bank accounts, it was also if you owed state taxes in 2020, used a tax preparer, claimed tax preparation deduction in 2021, used a tax preparer in 2021 and got an advance payment tax refund, filed by paper in 2020, or got a Golden State Stimulus in 2020 or GSS2 in 2021 and got that by check, then you were supposed to be kicked into the debit card

None of those apply, the person that I called that transferred me to "escalations" didn't notice they were closing after 5 pm so I was on hold for no one to pick up, like I think whenever I try dealing with this, I get several years older on how complicated they made it out of sadism I guess.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
after waiting 100 minutes on hold for an "escalation" someone answers and the hold music keeps playing so she complains about it and says she will hang up but not worry it will reconnect right away back, it didn't and the music kept playing.

just lol like what the gently caress california this all has to be some hosed up joke to make people give up

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
4 hours later a nice soul at money network after the last one hung up when she couldn't be bothered to listen to me spell my name finally reissued my card and sent it priority with tracking

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Let me guess union pacific

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Hey guys after receiving today's sound transit flier somehow California's Transit projects take less time I am impressed at how bad the country that isn't northeast is at making a yard of mile or taking two decades to start a bus line.

What I'm saying is I will not complain about how slow California is with transit again lol

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
thats a stroke op

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
hey there's wildfire smoke and sepia up here in seattle today, good thing I moved from california so this is just as normal day for me

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
we have seattle city light up here and they are pretty good

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Vegetable posted:

I looked her up since I wasn’t familiar with her. She prosecuted this insane case where two lawyers adopted a Nazi as their son and unleashed his dogs, which were trained for dog fighting, on a woman in their apartment building. The dogs mauled her to death. What a nutty set of facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Diane_Whipple?wprov=sfti1

the woman was lesbian and considering that they fought against letting her spouse be counted as spouse then it reads that this was a nazi homophobic attack.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Trazz posted:

El Nino is Spanish for "The Nino"

More specifically The child/kid

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
they did try to build a nuclear power plant in right on top of an earthquake fault once tho

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I finally got my ca middle tax refund, only took almost two years and it becoming more complicated because I had to prove that I was in CA when the first card got sent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Legal weed stores here in wa are doing well what's going on in California