Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

$17.7k is the pre-discount MSRP of the 1.0 ecoboost fiesta, which only comes with a manual. Maybe that's the car you should be looking for.

Also, they don't seem to understand what the point of a deposit is. You give them a deposit to secure a car, if they can't or won't secure the car, they shouldn't take a deposit.

Where do you live? There are 1.0 ecoboost Fiesta SEs advertized on cars.com under $15k

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/601806078/overview/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Oh, canada, yeah, you're hosed.

I'm surprised you could get one under $20k.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

freelop posted:

Never knew you can drive a manual car without having manual license in America

This is the land of the free, my friend. You can pass your drivers test in a town of 1200 people driving a prius, and then jump strait into this and drive through a major city the next day.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

kastein posted:

Have fun with that one in 10 years! :fuckoff:

They actually manufacture 5 lobe torx plus security fasteners. Whoever came up with that atrocity should be tried for crimes against humanity, and is the inspiration for this post.

I lost a day trying to find that loving bit in this city when i had to change the MAF sensor on my 540i. One set at one store in the city had it. Places like acklands and greggs distributors couldn't even order one in. It's the work of the devil.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrChips posted:

Yeah that whole Auto-Rx thread Internet can be boiled down to idiots arguing with idiots egged on by idiots.

Quote modified to more accurately reflect the truth.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I hit a red light outside of a nearby highschool right as they got out for lunch, and sat and watched the vehicles pour out

-audi a3
-audi a3
-audi a4
-audi a3
-audi a5
-audi a6
-audi a3
-beater crown vic
-audi a3
-audi a4

Your parents are willing to spend 50 grand on a car for you to drive to school in, and nobody comes up with anything different?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BrokenKnucklez posted:

:doh: For some reason I kept thinking these died off when the new Vette came out.

The cts-V did, there is no V based on the new CTS, but the CTS v-sport is turbo'd

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The 2015 powerstroke is 440hp/860ft/lbs, and a reg cab/long box chevy 2500hd with the duramax can do a 13.9 second quarter mile right out of the box.

Not sure if that helps your decision at all

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Motronic posted:

You probably don't want a manual for towing duty. The d-max/alison combo is really really drat nice.

At least as of a few years ago, manufactures were DOWNRATING towing capacity and sometimes HP/TQ on manuals compared to the same truck in auto. This may or may not still be going on, but really......an LLY or newer d-max/alison is a great towing vehicle. I just wish I liked Chevy interiors.

dodge is the only one still offering a manual, and it's rated at 660ft/lbs, when a truck with the aisin 6 speed auto is rated at 850. It's downrated for good reason as well, as the G56 is aluminum, and twists when you try transmitting torque through it, the standard chrysler autos are still poo poo as well.

I got by just fine towing with a manual in my dually. The first gear is stupidly low to get you started, but that means you miss the bonus of 2 overdrive gears you get with the 6 speed autos

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

blk posted:

Have you guys ever shipped anything Greyhound? Apparently they carry packages as well as people; $70 to get a bumper cover here. I'm not sure if they bring it up in the cabin or slide it down in the baggage compartment or what. Kind of worried about the thing getting banged up.

The stuff is usually thrown under the bus with people's bags. I've had a 220lb roper pump shipped to me through greyhound. and it got to me just fine.

Depending on the route, it could be moved bus to bus a pile of times, which can subject it to abuse if it encounters 1 idiot along the line.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It looks to me like a grand prix GTP

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

some texas redneck posted:

That's one thing that's fantastic about K chips - all you do to overclock is change the multiplier. No playing with hundreds of toggles, no playing with voltages, no playing with FSB speeds. It just.. works. You CAN play with voltages to squeeze out another 200-300 MHz, but at that point, it's just :flaccid: waving.

Sandy Bridge here too - i5-2500k, was at 4.4 ghz for nearly 2 years until I made the jump from BIOS to UEFI, won't boot above 4.3 anymore. This PC is massive overkill for what I do (except for RAM, I could use more).

I run my i5 2500k is 4.8ghz, it's over 3 years old now, and there's really no reason to look for an upgrade at this point.

Maybe when there's an affordable 8 core with same performance/core.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CharlesM posted:

Why would someone start weed wacking at 8:40pm outside my window. ARRRRRRRRRRRRR

The grass has barely started growing here, and my neighbor has already "mowed" their lawn at least 4 times. in the last 2 weeks.

My Chromebook's CPU fan sounds like a hair dryer if I even sneeze at YouTube. Or Netflix. Or even Google Maps. :haw: It's a Celeron of some sort.

When I had Linux on it (Chrubuntu), it would regularly throttle way down and log a bunch of stuff related to CPU temp.

my rmbp is the exact opposite. It sits at 90*c, but the fans don't turn on.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ahh, so their cars killing people isn't a problem with people being killed.

It's a communication problem! :downs:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

How the hell did you wind up with a VW loaner when a GM dealership is doing the work? :confused:

It's been almost a month since I tried to get the dealer to take the car. Even had an appointment (scheduled several days in advance). Can't get my service advisor to return calls... I'm getting more than a little annoyed with Huffines Chevrolet. :sigh:

They refused to do a loaner as well.

I would imagine every potential GM brand loaner has some corvair-like defect and is awaiting it's own recall repairs to make it less of a rolling sarcophagus.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrChips posted:

So I watched TT3D: Closer to the Edge last night for the first time...good Christ those guys are loving lunatics, especially Guy Martin. :catstare:

he had his own tv show setting various goofy land speed records, he really is insane.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I passed some sort of car cruise and i have no idea what the gently caress. It was about 30% rattle canned imports, 30% lifted/lowered trucks, 30% harleys, and 10% muscle cars.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

My truck sat basically all winter(600 miles in 8 months), i fired it up and went for a drive to charge the battery up a bit, and suddenly it's doing this.

Like it's trying to coax me into driving it more.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tommychu posted:

I always thought a 1UZ Deuce replica would be fun. The most iconic of the barebones American hot-rods powered by a DOHC Japanese V8, thus still fairly true-to-form but offbeat enough to make just about any hick poo poo their pants.

why not bmw!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Why do all these half-assed hack job car shops let their incompetence be televised.

I'm watching sin city motors. They're building a $40,000 rat rod, and the first indication that the rear end out of the old motorhome frame they're building around is hosed is when they have it 90% done and they try to drive it.

$40k and you don't even get a fluid change in the potentially half million mile 30 year old RV diff they pulled out of a junkyard.

• Locked thread