Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

CharlesM posted:

MODS
MODS
WHERE ARE THE MODS

Mod is dead. Mod remains dead. And we have killed him. Yet his shadow still looms. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe these titles off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become mods simply to appear worthy of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Great Beer posted:

Are those stacks of unfolded pizza boxes?

they had better be since it's a federal crime to misuse those free USPS boxes :ssh:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Rhyno posted:

I'm looking for an online checking option that is not a BIG BANK. I want to start keeping all my Amazon and Ebay funds in one account and be prepared for another compromised card like the Target hack a few months ago. Any suggestions?

Simple is pretty neat. Free smartphone check deposit, and a decent amount of ATMs.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

jamal posted:

Well, did you?

Do you not?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

gm_build_quality.jpg

also

presumably they had to stop their evaluators and drivers from using the term "kevorkianesque" because they were doing it too much

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Galler posted:

Since we're talking about PCs again, I've got my new one all up and running now and holy poo poo. Going from a quad core Phenom II with DDR2 to a hyperthreaded hex core Ivy Bridge-E with DDR3 is a pretty big jump. Need to get a few more paychecks but soon I'll pick up another 48GB of RAM (for 64 total :swoon:) and couple more SSDs and I'll be able to ditch my HP DL180 G5s and run my home lab off of just my desktop.

what are you doing :stare:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

KozmoNaut posted:

Yeah, I'd do the same thing.

Loads of places throw a small bag of candy or whatever in the box for large orders, it's definitely not a stretch to think it was a courtesy if you never found the note.

My print lab, White House Custom Color, used to send a lollipop with each order of prints. I opened my last box and instead of a lollipop there was a business card reading "Inspected By: Stephen" with a picture of a lollipop on the back. :smith:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

my dad's cars and my cars are all Volvos so we just refer to them by their color.

white car, gold car, red car, dead car, truck.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

blk posted:

This #notallmen thing is the biggest inundation of horseshit I've ever read. Internet misandry^h^h^h feminism makes me so mad.

You're mad about misandry, you say? :allears:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

let's put the brakes on before thread slides into the abyss

this isn't my dog

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Krakkles posted:

I'm more into hot sauces than spices, I guess. I have a lot of both. Two full shelves.

What's your favorite Hot Sauce, AI?

Trader Joe's Habanero Chili Sauce, followed by Melinda's XXXtra Hot Habanero, Burn Baby Burn habanero sauce, and El Yucateco Xtra Hot Habanero.

Dave's Insanity Sauce is decent in the heat department but the taste is eh.

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 28, 2014

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Apparently the reason my dad couldn't fix the rich running/high idle problem with his truck's carburetor was because it's got TBI. Guess I've got a project this summer!

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Today I got home to find that my dad got Truk started and moved it out of the driveway.

:black101:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

mariooncrack posted:

Since it's starting to get nice outside, what do you guys like to listen to when you're driving?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNN_0e9qwV4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Y'all need to listen to more fake 80s music. they make songs for us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB3ibdil2UM

edit: though driving northeast out of Carson City on US 50 towards Fallon, with a desert rain cloud looming in the distance, all the windows and sunroof wide open, and this blasting at top volume was definitely one of the better experiences of my life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2jAgVgro7s

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 09:18 on May 31, 2014

• Locked thread