Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Necro. Love my necro team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I'd be happy with any of the top 3. All three are interesting teams.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Save that dough.
:effort:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

+MA because fast wolves are the best wolves.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Block and Block

No opinion on the dog's name.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I agree with the principle, but Lon Chaney is the clear choice.

His hair was perfect.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Save for another Ghoul.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Wait, why am I voting for good decisions I play this jerk later. I need to rethink my voting strategy.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

GNU Order posted:

I'm not going to veto any team that is reasonably within my TV but I can't promise that I won't fall asleep in the middle of commenting on a dorf match.

Also the idea of clawing dorfs forever is cathartic, a well built Necro team can match up against dorfs pretty well.

While this is true, it's still boring as hell. It also relies on AV7 not being steel, which is laughable.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Narahari posted:

The best reason to play campaign is you can get your 3500 tv murder chaos and have all the fun murdering paper dwarves you could ever want. +str block piling on claw mighty blow jump up chaos warriors are slightly anti-dwarf.

Av 7 definitely stops being steel when you have at least 8 or 10 claw/mb str 4+ guys

That's not AV 7, that's AV 6. AV 7 continues to be steel.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Steelpudding posted:

Losing to a human opponent is better than winning against an AI opponent. True story. Stop playing the "campaign" and start doing blood bowl for real.

Seriously. Playing against the AI will teach you lots and lots of really bad habits.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

If the chance ever comes up, I'm developing a gimmick Chaos team. I registered to play at least.

I refuse to reveal the gimmick right now, but I think I have a pretty good name theme.

The gimmick fits the poster's name fairly well. It is fantastic.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jump Up and keep the liability.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

Jump Up, let's build ourselves a murderwight.

Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun

Keep the zombie. He's a rotting corpse, it's not as if we check them out for physical injuries.

We need a PILIN AWN dog, too. Neither of them is nearly rowdy enough.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

The end result here is whether or not you're a funhaver. Funhavers would choose pass. :colbert:

I don't know, murder can be pretty fun.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

See, taking Pass doesn't make the Wight any worse at murder and Jump Up just means that they're marginally better at murder (and better at running.) Since Pass opens up more play options (and therefore plays to show the audience,) I think it's more fun.

It also adds more flexibility to an already flexible team. Hm. I'm not changing my vote in order to avoid annoying bookkeeping issues, but Pass definitely has it's merits.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Congo you are the worst person.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Goddamn. I was kind of looking forward to doing the mirror match soon, guess that's not happening!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

PotatoManJack posted:

gently caress Dwarves - 120k down the drain

That is all.

New Wolf: Howlin' Mad Murphy

120k down the drain so far. We still have a second half to get through.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

CongoJack posted:

Basically;

quote:

I'm just a terrible person with bad opinions.

I can hurt orcs. On average, an orc team is going to suffer more casualties and knockouts than dwarves. A lot more. They're also easier to maneuver around. They have far less block, and they don't start with tackle. Yeah, they have some ST4 players, but those don't start with skills.

They also have the capacity to be fun, unlike dwarves. Goblin Stunty and TTM shenanigans are fun, and orcs can do them. Hardly the race's fault if players don't take advantage of fun.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

MRLOLAST posted:

4 min is better. No rush and just press turn when you are done. Something like setting up tricky crowds and chain pushes demands a little bit more time.
I just remembered that there are worse things out there then Dwarf coaches by the way. Amazon coaches and claw, mb, piling on chaos coaches. Both hose teams make dwarfs look like slightly bigger halflings.

You just don't have a proper appreciation for rowdy dogs whirling their shirts around their heads before murdering half/all of your team.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

tlarn posted:

Realtalk, I thought the picture for the second half would have :hitler: instead of the Dwarf art.

Those are the same thing.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Guard will be more helpful in the recovery game, and this is befitting Doctor Wight.

Stop rolling skulls, I need you to get within 50 TV of 1410.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Duuk posted:

Until she gets block, you should do your best to score with her.

Aside from that, yes, if you do blitz with her, try to get back to safety. Witches are a massive target and break p. easily. (Comedy option for witch survival - get an assassin. They pull so much hate off everybody else, it's hilarious. Suboptimal and expensive because they die and niggle left and right, but hilarious.)

Multiple Block Assassins are hilarious and if you ever get the chance to field one, do it. You'll be able to gently caress up stabs twice as often!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Sair posted:

Passing is for weaker elves. DE are meant to bash.

Assuming they're not up against a bashier team, then it's Elfbowl all day erry day.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Pavlov posted:

Which is why I'm so sad cyanide have put in Khorne instead of Slann. Slann has such a great mix of hilarious bullshit and crippling weaknesses. For those who don't know, Slann are a bunch of frog people who all start with leap and very long legs, which means they can all leap as easily as they can dodge. Most of them have agi 3, and the only re-rolls that can affect leap are team rerolls and Pro. Yes, it is perfectly legitimate to get Pro on Slaan linemen.

The rest of their positionals only have skills related to jumping. The blizers have Diving Tackle and Jump Up, and the catchers have Diving Catch. Slann have no passing access, but if you get doubles on a lineman, it is actually reasonable to get Hail Marry Pass and throw down the entire field to your catchers. Also fun fact: You can leap during Pass Block. Pass Block frogs destroy elf passing game so hard.

In conclusion: Instead of giving us the Best Team, Cyanide gave a pile of poo poo with a Bloodthurster on top.

I would play nothing but Slaan. Leap is the most fun skill.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

jBrereton posted:

Shadowing for our MA9 player, please.

Wrestle for the zombie.

Save the money.

I'd vote for shadowing as his next one, but if he can just be punched off it's not as useful.

Block

WRESTLE KING OF SKILLS for the zombie. I'm tempted to say kick, because it's useful, but wrestlezombies are really frustrating.

Bladewolf for the new puppy.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Prav posted:

If you had voted to dismiss Flesh Prince he'd still be alive.

Now we all have blood on our hands.

Just as planned. :colbert: Everyone dies on the pitch.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Diving Catch and Flolem

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Buy a Flolem, get Kick on the MVP stealing bastard.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Flesh Gordon gets my vote.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

TheMcD posted:

Could you even see the neckbeard under the actual beard?

This is Cyanide we're talking about- they'd find a way to clip through.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Save Money Someone has to be the voice of reason.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jade Star posted:

Eh, I seem to do well on the team building side of the game. When actually in game... Well...
Doesn't stop you from losing to (almost) stock Khorne teams.

Jade Star posted:

Yeah that seems about right.

Aaaaaaand that's why.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

GNU Order posted:

I wish I had the foresight to screen cap my triple skull. Actually, I wanna say I've gotten two of them, one in FUMBBL and one in Cyanide.

Just a reminder, you haven't lived until you've triple hextuple skulled a 3db and died.

Fixed that for you.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

madmac posted:

Flesh: Pay the Block Tax and get it out of the way.
McGruff: Give him Dodge to improve his punching and running game simultaneously.
Blitzer: The Mightiest Blowing. Huff Puff Little Piggies.
Dr. Wight: Give him Guard to cement his position as best Wight.
Fire Raz rear end Ghoul and get a new one.

This.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Name that ghoul A Cheerleader

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Everyone dies on the pitch.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

We should wait and see if we get a trophy zombie. There's still the second half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Neruz posted:

Block
Wrestle
Reroll

SDS speaks good words.

B/W R it is.

• Locked thread