Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

anybody who buys a next-gen console for another COD reskin made on the Quake 3 engine is going to feel stupid as absolute gently caress

If there's anything that's going to get me to buy a nextgen console when I already have a strong PC, it's going to be a COD reskin made on the Quake 3 engine. Hopefully PS4 support is forthcoming with the XIM4 http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=3819.msg411330#msg411330

e:

versus fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

versus
Sep 11, 2001

limaCAT posted:

Real world WHAT?
I don't remember Cod, but Battlefield 4 went as far as removing or nerfing[1] kill trades, that is if you shoot at an enemy and died, your shots would magically disappear in flight and not hit your killer.

[1] which for some BF4 commentators meant Dice probably powered them up

DICE managed to patch kill trades back in with Naval Strike or whatever shortly after they (FINALLY) mostly removed them

versus
Sep 11, 2001

If anyone here is playing COD right now, they're playing BO2. (Or extinction :butt:)

versus
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbueVCJuqhA

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Well if I wasn't buying an XIM4/PS4 before, I definitely am now.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Javes posted:

Why did they have to bring danger close back? Anyway, game looks good.

Danger Close was in BO2 and Ghosts.

e: although I missed the description, but I'm assuming it's the same function as in those games.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Super soldier with one scorestreak: SR-71 :pray:

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Oh. Thought it was just an extra grenade/lethal in both. Another thing successfully forgotten about Ghosts :v:

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Well, it's also going to be impossible for the average pubbie to hit anyone now that it's not just aiming left to right. :nignog:

versus
Sep 11, 2001

venutolo posted:

From what I've seen, I'm not enthused by the Exo Suit stuff. Enemies being able to throw up a shield or turn invisible turns me off. I also am not thrilled with what looks like a good bit of jumping, and it being kind of an imitation of Titanfall in that regard. That being said, I'm much more enthused for this game than I expected.

Is there somewhere to watch a recording of the presentation now that I have time to watch it? Never mind. VOD was just posted.

I'm looking forward to using additional movement options against clueless pubbies. Also I doubt cloak is complete invisibility, at most it's gotta be something like the effectiveness of cloaking against pilots in Titanfall (not very). Then again :iw:

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Reviewing the trailer, they were using shotguns a lot, and typically getting at least one headshot in on the other guns and/or not missing at all.

Also, as a reminder:

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Thank you parabolic mic.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

BO2 was the 2nd best entry after MW2.

Also,

quote:

This email confirms that your order was successfully received at XIM Technologies and will be processed in the order that it was received.

:toot:

versus
Sep 11, 2001

I like being able to find games past the first month [this doesn't happen on PC]. :ssh:

versus
Sep 11, 2001

I'm getting the PS4 Destiny bundle.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

versusSA on PSN. Anime crew is going to be PS4.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Darth Freddy posted:

To lazy to look and probably know the answer but will 360 be able to play with x bones?

This is pretty much never the case with any game.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

sunday at work posted:

"Contentless" compared to what? The 5 hour rail-shooter of a campaign AW is going to offer to keep you busy?

Campaign? What's that?

versus
Sep 11, 2001

All of the above.

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430708845

versus
Sep 11, 2001

penis bandana posted:

I did a quick "one word to describe" poll of my own (non-exhaustive):

gently caress
Lag
Verticality
LagComp
Jump
Hacker
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
OKAY
KID
Beast
HAM
human being
Quickscope
639lbs
OP
lovely

Anime

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

PC Call of Duty is better than console Call of Duty in every way.

On the other hand, no one plays PC Call of Duty.

Yeah, which is why you buy an XIM4!!!

versus
Sep 11, 2001

The Machinima Man posted:

As somebody with 14 codes entered, contents for all of them consumed, 5 out of the 10 armor pieces unlocked, and more than an hour each of double XP and double supply drop time...

I want to die. BUT I MUST GET 12 HOURS OF EACH.

Has someone come up with the most cost-effective way to get everything yet?

versus
Sep 11, 2001

The Machinima Man posted:

A bunch of people on reddit have admitted to running around big box stores and writing down the codes on the back of 11 ounce Doritos bags (45 minutes a pop).

Not paying at all is pretty efficient. You'd think Doritos would stop putting the codes on the backs of the bags.

They're just on the back of the bags? Time to pay a visit to Walmart.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Wazzit posted:

I'm sure everyone's K/Ds will be so much better with all those pixels.

You have no idea. :v:

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Please be nice, this is nothing compared to me spending half an hour in google spreadsheets doing math to helpfully inform everyone why a slightly slower ADS time on sniper rifles is a bigger nerf than it appears. :eng101:

Javes posted:

I have both consoles and I'm getting the game on the Xbone, please tell me how dumb I am.

You're dumb!!!!

versus
Sep 11, 2001

I couldn't find the sheet I was talking about, but I did find this:

I tried updating it but I don't know how to add separate y-axis numbers for each line. Well whatever.

:v:

versus fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 28, 2014

versus
Sep 11, 2001

They never nerfed the MW3 MK14 :ssh: (I think)

versus
Sep 11, 2001

I went to see about the 10PM Walmart thing and they were out of PS4 preorder cards (the only one they were out of), so I think that's my answer for whether or not to preorder the digital version. :v: Also as far as I can tell that's just when they are having ~an event~ right before the release.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

COD will come back to its master race. 1080p at 60 fps, you'll all see*

*subject to revision

So PS4?

versus
Sep 11, 2001

teknetik posted:

No mom-and-pop shops nearby? Gamestop is doing a midnight release while the Asian guy around the block is gonna start selling it in the afternoon.

What is a mom-and-pop shop?

penis bandana posted:

On the other hand, all of the people that are streaming the game early seem to sprint and boost everywhere 100% of the time.

Then they say "WOOOOW" incredulously when they die.

It's a universal rule that everyone who gets a game early is both super bad at the game and cannot set up a decent quality stream to save their loving life.

e:

Stealth perks are always the best. Do NOT put me on ignore.

versus fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 2, 2014

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah, I was joking, because it's pretty much all chains around here.

Unlucky7 posted:

Serious question: I have got every post MW CoD on consoles, but this year I upgraded my video card to a GTX 970. If I were to get it, should be get it on PC, or PS4. Control scheme does not matter to me (of course I like KB-M better because I am not a loving idiot, but I don't mind playing on a controller either)

Get this and play on PS4:

http://store.xim4.com/XIM4_p_13.html

Several of us use XIMs, and I think everyone would vouch for them. ~3.1 kd in ghosts~

versus fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Nov 2, 2014

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Have any fellow Xbox XIM4 faggots managed to get around the annoying buzz you get through your headset whenever you plug your controller in via USB? I've tried a different controller, headset adapter, batteries instead of charge pack, running through a powered USB hub... nothing solves it :(

Plug your Bone's power cable into a different outlet, and if that doesn't fix it, plug it in to a different outlet further away. I had to do this for 360.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

I don't check SA for a few days and suddenly 1308 unread posts in this thread.

Anyway, so far I like it, more than I liked BO2 at this point in time after release, even though I now consider BO2 the second best COD. I picked the Ameli as my first prestige unlock, it's pretty good. I might pick the IMR or something next, as I'm coming up to prestige 2. I've found the hover ability more useful than I thought it would be. Also I swear I will find a way to make the XMGs good somehow.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

...Uh, yeah. The game came out.

Yeah of course, but I didn't expect that volume of posts.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

WirelessPillow posted:

Do you lose supply box weapons when you prestige?

No, fortunately.

Also:

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Moochewmoo posted:

So is there a way to tell of I'm loving up because lag or because I'm just hot garbage at this? I lose a lot of gun fights I feel I should of won because I'll get a ton of hit markers, but the death cam shows me whiffing shots and only hitting twice. My ping goes from 4 to 1 back and forth throughout the match. Usually sticking near 4 though.

Or should I just ignore death cam and not care?

They've finally managed to disconnect the ping bars from reality in this one. It regularly shows me as one bar yet I'm not lagging at all.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Lemon Curdistan posted:

the MP would be good like BlOps 1 and not a terrible shitpile like MW2.

Something is very wrong with this phrase.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Maybe you do, living in Canada :colbert:

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Evil Canadian posted:

I don't know what the proper term is for this, but for some of the older games there was always this bigass chart that told you the true weapon damage and stats of everything, and stuff like damage dropoff at xyz range, anything like that for AW?

Going to say it's not out yet, but I'll look now and edit it in in the next few minutes if it is.

e: it isn't, but watch this thread: http://denkirson.proboards.com/thread/4943

versus
Sep 11, 2001

limited posted:

I've always got three. It's not always equipment but it's usually at least one cosmetic item, one 'game' item be it a weapon or something like 2x XP and either another cosmetic or useful drop. Guess I'm just lucky? :confused:

But having the bloodthirsty helmet crop up when opening a crate is definitely a bug. You get that for a 5 killstreak for only 30 minutes. For whatever reason.

Let me just not get a 5 streak for half an hour :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

versus
Sep 11, 2001

You've also probably read that it does 20 times during level loads.

• Locked thread